RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

EXI 450 with the tail yipps

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

EXI 450 with the tail yipps Empty
PostSubject: EXI 450 with the tail yipps   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Help!

One of my two EXI 450's has the tail yipps. Intermittently the tail will come around 45 degrees or more. It will fly fine for a couple of minutes and then the surprise rotation. Crashed her today after transplanting the gyro and tail servo from the 450 that is flying solid. I'm kind of out of ideas on things to try next. Both 450s use the same DX6i transmitter and they both have 6100 receivers. I don't think it a transmitter problem as the other 450 setup flys solid, the transmitter wasn't part of the recall.

Let me know of anything you guys would try to eliminate the nasty surprise of the yipps. I'm kind of out of ideas at this point.

Thanks, Curt
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ?????????   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Buddy, I really hope someone comes up with the answer to this because I've got the same issue but its with my ESMART!!! And it sucks!!! To be crusing along and YIPP, as you say and the SOB is sideways!!! I'm using a DX7 with an AR7000 and Logitech 2100T driving an Ino-Labs servo!!! It has only done this once and I guess it could have been me, and I really really hope it was!!! But the "E" has given me tail issues in the past too...
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: My First Guess   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:40 pm

FD,
I'm sorry, and glad, I'm not alone! It's really a nasty surprise when it spins on you. My first thought was that it was a problem with the EK2-0704B gyro. Swapping the gyros with the nonyipping heli, the heli still yipps. I don't think it is the receiver, I'm not sure why I think that. I guess I could swap the receivers with the well behaved heli. I'm really kind of stumped by what could be causing it and what to try next. I suppose it could be a connection problem but, I have already swapped out the components most likely which changes the connectors used. I suppose it could be a problem with the receiver and that's probably the next thing I'll swap.

Thanks from another member of the yipping brotherhood. I'll let y'all know when I find the cause.

Curt
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: EXI 450 with the tail yipps   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:18 pm

sorry to hear that bro. I ve had that problem before with my copter x 450. i ve changed the 0704b with the telebee gyro and it's a solid rock. I think it has a glitch and causing me to crash. Since then, ive been using the telebee, and worke perfectly
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Problem   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 pm

I don't think my problem is the guro, I'm thinkin its maybe the sig. glitch. I've moved the satalite REC. and its not happened again... BUT I also have both my ESC AND REC. mounted next to each other on the tray up front..
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: EXI 450 with the tail yipps   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:04 am

with the EXI 450 I'm thinking it might be the belt loosened up, I've had major problems with that and everytime it lossens up it does exactly like you described.

as far as the ES600, I can't imagine what it might be, the ES600 is one heli I've had very few tail problems, love that Telebee orange71
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:55 am

I do believe that I suffered a signal glitch!! Hopefully it will not happen again!!
I agree with you Nutts that the tail of the ES is very strong and solid. I believe both times I've had trouble its been electrial.. First time the REC. battery was very low.. This time I'm pretty sure its just a glitch..
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Thanks for all the ideas - keep them coming!   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:50 am

You guys have given me some other things to check and I really appreciate it! I'm going to check belt tension, etc. more closely and hopefully I'll have some positive results. I'm also going to go through the tail setup again. Curiously the 450 that is flying without the yipps has a little subtrim (23) on the rudder. The yippie 450 has no subtrim on the rudder. Leads me to believe that subtrim probably isn't an issue.

Have you guys ever had to rebind your receiver (AR6100e) to the transmitter (DX6i)? Do you think rebinding might have a positive effect on my problem. I'm thinking if there is a binding problem I'd see more problems than I'm seeing. Right?

One positive thing about having a problem like this it forces you to really understand how the systems on the heli work and interact with eachother. I just wish there was an easier way to troubleshoot this problem that wouldn't include the crashes. This last crash took out a brand new set of CF mainblades I was trying out for the first time! Maybe I should buy a pile of woodies to use until I have this sorted out.

Thanks you guys for your ideas and support! orange74

Curt
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: YUP   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:51 am

Thats what sucks most!!!! I've destroyed more beautiful C.F. blades than I even want to count!!!! With my G5, 2nd time in the air, just a tail first touch down, a little hard, and BAM sweet Radix 350's gone, Mavrikk's I just can't count!!! Sadly though they are so so much nicer to fly and DO make such a big diff.!!! So that is the price we pay!!!
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Maybe a clue?   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:16 pm

I checked out the heli and made sure everything was setup. I decided to go through the tail setup in rate mode. I adjusted the servo position for a real solid straight hover. Then I realized that I have been trying to fly in HH mode only. I flew several batteries through the heli in rate mode and everything was fine. I switched over to HH mode a couple of times and the heli started yipping again. I'm back to thinking that it is related to the HH mode of the 0704B. I may have to take the plunge and upgrade the gyro. Now to decide how big a pile of money I want to spend!

Telebee, Logiteck, Align, Mini-G, Spartan, you could almost spend as much on the gyro as the whole rest of the heli. I guess if it makes or breaks the control it will be worth it. It wouldn't take to many sets of blades to add up to the price of one of the better gyros.

orange78
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Up the Gyro!!   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Well I cannot say enough great things about the Logitech 2100T..$204.00 Reviews say every bit as good or better than the 611..At heliProz 109 for the 2100T & 3100G matching servo... I use the 2100 on EVERYTHING I got!! Even the "E" and it works Great!!
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: EXI 450 with the tail yipps   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:31 pm

Try this, turn the delay pot to about 9 o'clock position. I think its set to high on yours.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: EXI 450 with the tail yipps   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:53 pm

i would personally recommend telebee. Nuttcaze has one of his Esmart. works really great. Infact i just ordered 2 today so i can upgrade the gyro of my existing helis.
Good luck. 45 bucks at helidirect
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: TelBee   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:17 pm

I do although have a TelBee on the "G" Smart. Have not flown with it yet as I'm waiting for a starting coupling.. I put it on it cause I had it and have heard there pretty good.. I'm not sure which one I've got as the paper work with it is worse than ESKY paper work!!! But I'm gonna give it a try!!
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Flagmax Good Tip!   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Flagmax,

I have lowered the delay setting on the 0704B and it has made a big difference in the behaviour of the gyro. It's holding much better but, I still don't trust it. I'll have to run some more packs through the heli and play with the delay a little. The last adjustment I made moved the delay to around, what I'm thinking you were describing as 9 o'clock, about 25% of the pots travel off of the full - delay setting.

It will take a little more time before I trust it in HH mode. I'm still thinking about a new gyro. I'm downloading the finless videos on the Spartan 760. Pretty spendy but if it works!

Flagmax, thanks again for giving me something I hadn't thought of to try. I had just set both the delay and gain pots on the 0704B to full + as described in a setup I found on the forums. I'm using the remote gain adjustment on the Tx. I guess the delay isn't effected by the remote gain adjustment. I still have a lot to learn!

orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: gyro   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:14 pm

Hey C, Before you buy, go to Trextuning and read their review of the logitech 2100T I know alot of you guys haven't heard of it but it IS a really good little gyro and I've never read a single revien that didn't think it is great, not just good!!
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Logitech 2100T good looking option   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:49 pm

FD,

The Logitech 2100T/servo package is more in my reality pricerange. I'll checkout the writeup. Thanks for the link to the information.

C

orange6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXI 450 with the tail yipps   EXI 450 with the tail yipps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXI 450 with the tail yipps
Page 1 of 1