RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

align stock motoror scorpion motor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
burton8012

align stock motoror scorpion motor Empty
PostSubject: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:34 pm

i hear that the scop eats up your batterys not that efficient whatany thoughts
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Motors!   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Hey Burton, I've never heard that said. I run Scorpian's on everything cept my "E" and I never even thought that I wasen't gettin long flight times.. I think I get longer flights than I hear from others,
And the best thing is the power!!!! It is outragous!!! They do get hot sometimes and you MUST keep them oiled, every ten(10) runs at least.. But I love them.. there really nice I think a little pricey but worth it IMO.... I will continue to use them pretty much exculicively unless I go with a higher end one...
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:03 pm

i just eneded after that post got to the hobby stor and getting the align motor and esc i had nothing but problems with the other stuff and it was brand new if u get a chance check out teh trand pro thread yull see all the prob and videos i delt with
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:07 pm

i put the align motor on and align 13 tooth and the heli seems to sound loud from the gear so i put another 13 tooth pinion that came with a craphy motor and now its smooth anf fairly quit to the pinion come in diferent tooth thickness cause the align on seem slighly wither teeth but not much but enough to make it sound load
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Backlash!!   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi B, you need to make sure the backlash is proper!! That could very well be your noise.. But tooth size will make the noise and destroy the main gear too!!!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:53 pm

what u mean backlash ??/ i thought to that noise would strip the gear but max hoveringit did seem sto hurt it but then again that was maybe for 2 min
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Backlash!!   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:34 pm

I'm sorry my friend, Backlash is the "play" between the gears..If its too tight it will make noise and cost to much power loss. It will also wear the gears and could possibly do damage to the motor bearings.To loose and well you know whatr will happen then... One way of checking is to take a strip of paper and run it thru the gears, it should come out lookin like a accordian, it should have very clear folds on it but it should NOT be torn or have any holes in it..
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBetp3Uw-uEdid u see my video with the motor noise is that what it sounds like if its to tight if so i went out and bout all this align stuff ahhhhh for nothinng
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Noise   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:27 am

No that is NOT gear noise..It sounds to me like it is something to do with the ESC>> Did it fix with the stuff you bought??
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:26 am

yeah everything work fine as far as that im at settig up the gyro on my build but maybe u can help me i got a telebee gyro and i hooked it up and only setting on the gyro i touched is the gain on the Tx now i kinda luck out when doing my fisrt hover everthinng in ok and steady BUT a few seconds into the hover the tail starts to wag slow then works its why up to a faster wag now i messed with the gain on the tx as much as i can so what else can i do to get me in the right direction and they last thing is when i go right stick on rudder i hear a like a straining sound i think on the belt but when i go left rudder i nice and quit and smooth
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Gyro   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:50 am

I don't know too much with the TelBee as I only have one and its on my "G" and that has not really been in the air more that top set things up!!! But I'll try.. First, If the gain is not set at about half then do so and try it again, if it is already at half then move it somemore(either way) say to about 3/4 band try again if it is better good. If not adj. it the other way.. As for the noise, If you have an AVT...
I think that is what it says, it is the other little screw.This I think will reduce the travel of the servo.. Try adj.that to see if that helps, just remember that travel will be reduced in BOTH directions...
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:56 am

ok so i under stand that if i got my gain on my Tx to the best i can now to get the tail steady to stop wagging adjust the atv (is tail waging due to much travel of the servo thus adjusting the atv on the gyro will cut down the travel making it steady do i go this right im trying to under stand of this all works
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:12 am

no the tail wagging is due to the Gyro no being set up correctly yet.. Increase or decrease the gain to affect the wagging...Then adj. the travel using the other adjuster.That will limit travel so you don't over extend your servo.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:20 am

so over extending the servos has nothing to due with how it wags i thought like buy limiting the servo entending that would reduce it i thought like that there being to much servo extending that there was to much play back and forth with ther servo causeing the wagging
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: NO!!!   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Nope its not it.. Go back an try what I've written.. Letr me know how you make out!!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:55 pm

every thing works fine i unpluged the aux gyro plug out that on the Rx and adjusted the gain on the Gyro it self and all seem ok i just gotta wait for my exi metal servos to come in this week i can't take it anymore with these 3.50 cent servos tower-pro sooooooooooo bad they break with just slowest of hits like i was barely any throttle and it nicked a platic bucket and striped the gear and another time one just died my e-sky servos been throught alot worse and nothinging ever happend to them even a swim in the pool didn' kill them lol and there not even that good of servos but they are dam good for what they are..... i just got this staining sound when i go left not sure i forgot maybe right but anyway it a sounds like its staining... if the belt is to tight does it make a sound like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: align stock motoror scorpion motor   align stock motoror scorpion motor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

align stock motoror scorpion motor
Page 1 of 1