RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

tail serco problem (Video)

Go down 
+2
blackrain0119
burton8012
6 posters
AuthorMessage
burton8012

tail serco problem  (Video) Empty
PostSubject: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:26 am

why does these dam servos shake rattle and roll but seems esky one only one working good all brand new servos tooo!!

(2 am when i did video so im kinda mumbling and rambling on the video )

Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:35 am

servo is bad
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Sounds like a gyro prob to me, if I have your symptoms correct.

Do you have your gyro set for digital servos and these are not digital?

Really high gain on HH mode maybe.

Do you have other gyro to try??? Servos shouldnt be doing that. If they
work fine not hooked up to gyro, I would suspect gyro itself or its settings.

Good luck......
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:46 pm

I think DS mode is on. Switch to STD mode on the gyro (near the reverse) :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:16 pm

ok i switched the knob on the gyro to standard not digital now the tail seems to be working but aren't the( hitech hs55) and (tower-pro) and (exi brand 9 gram servo) digital???? with this have ne bad effects being on standerd and not digital if trhem turn out to me digital?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:39 pm

Yeah towerpro sg90 and hitec hs55 aren't digital servos. Don't know about EXI servo, but if it doesn't work in DS mode it it looks that it isn't digital too. It won't have any big differences. DS mode is for digital servos. Gyro sends signal which only digital servos can take and they are working faster with that signal orange6
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:29 pm

ok thanks got that taken care of but this head on the exi is driving me crazy i swear the links are too long no matter what i do i got the swash level arms in middle even/level but once i get to the head with the blades it seemspi can't get the flybar arms even plus they seems to bedesigned to be at an angle???? the links can't get short enough and i got them alllllllllll the way plus some im begining to think exi kits sucks im got so pissed i just ordered a coptor x in case this exi don't work out
(all at mid stick )
does ne1 one have close up pics of the exi head and mid stick for so i can see how its looks?
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:26 pm

ok got the servo to work no shaking but take a look at this the servo arm moving to much
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:31 pm

i have no idea what end points are but maybe that what im missing in my setup on the tail servo?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:32 am

If tail servo is moving too much, reduce ATV on gyro :grinn:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:18 pm

How did you center the servo? Do you have any trim and sub trim?
Center the servo by taking the gyro out of HH mode, no trims at all,
then center the servo horn on the servo. Then move the servo on the boom
to get mechanical center on the tail blades. Then adjust the gyros throw.

This should get you pretty close to where you should be. I dont know much
about your gyro but you should be able to adjust for that...
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:37 am

what you need to do is make sure you are at 8 degrees on the tail bladesgap, with your servo at 90 degrees. if you do this, you wont even need to trim your rudder. it will fly straight up with no trims.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:19 am

thanks i think i got the tail fig out but only one thing is making me think something is wrong when i go left rudder nice and fast and smooth and quit basicly but when i got right full rudder fast as i can i hear like a staining sound it turns normal i think but it makes that noise is that normal it only makes that noise when i do i quick as hell but if i do turns with slower imputs it moves but no noise is this maybe doing this cause im hovering then i go right and bam too quick maybe? Normal on all heli's?
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 pm

burton8012, Frist I would turn the gyro 90degres form where it is now, then recenter the servo arm. I set the TA on mine to 25% and works good. also you should power down the gyro before you unplug or plug in the servos as this is not good for the gyro and it needs to reset after any changes.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:33 pm

burton8012, Meant to tell ya that you should also try to get the ball link closer to the servo as this
will give more res to the servo out put.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: b   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:15 pm

ok guys i just did the coolest thing with my 450 i have only just done basic flying back and forth tail in and side to side i won't dare try doing nething else with them yet but i just went to the field with my little HBFP and i actully did many figure 8's and i can barelly do nose in........ The SIM helped so much ..must of did 3 hours straight on there....

.... only thing just not enough power in the little guy to make it like smooth turns all the time ive found it easier for me to learn to fly if im way high in the air with HBFP to control it better it know its petty but i kinda was losing hope since i spent so much money on all my other heli's thought it was all a lost cause
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Yea burton When I frist started out on helis I flew the RealFlight Sim for hours and got to were I was hovering fine, Then one day I said to myself screw it and took off hovered for a min and just went
for it the next thing I knew I was flying around like I had been doing it for ever. It was a great filling

sdjb
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:05 pm

exactlly what i did i just went for it and said screw it..

great feeling i was grinning ear to ear when i got home .....can't wait till morning to go back
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Are you using plastic clips on the tailboom to guide your linkage to you heckrotor? If so, take them off. Somethimes the linkage works better without them and the rudder will be smooth.

Give it a try. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tail serco problem (Video)   tail serco problem  (Video) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tail serco problem (Video)
Page 1 of 1