RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joehicks

Joehicks

Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems Empty
PostSubject: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:34 am

I have a problem with a newly purchased (USED) typhoon 400. I have never flown and this guy told me it only needed adjustments. I have listen to almost everything NUTCAZE has produced so I am comfortable with setting up and evaluating such things as pitch, swatch plate, tailboom, etc.

Everything looks level but when I try to hoover the heli turns 360 degree counter clockwise. I have made number adjustments in setting s ad for GYRO. Look like to me that the GYRO has been owrked on because the bolt setting for the gain and limit has been adjust aLOT.

My servos are all responding freely...

Curently I have the limit and gain set to MAX (++++++),

Any idea form anyone on this topic.

thanks, $200.00 of JUNK...thanks to all
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:03 am

What type of gyro does it have?

I've had mixed experiences with gyros, but now I always recomend buying a new one so that you know it works, crashes can ruin the cheaper gyros sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Joehicks

Joehicks

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:58 am

The GYRO is the one that came on the heli from Art-tech and cost a dreadful $69.00. From Hoby-Loby web site it is Product# ATS41481. I have no problem on replacing if that is the problem but since I have never flown before I dont want to throw money after bad.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:19 am

ok, well I'm gonna make a vid later today with some info about setting up the tail and gyro, it'll be easier and quicker then trying to type it all out orange44 then you will have a better idea of wether to replace the gyro or not. I'm still voting to replace it with either a Telebee or New E_Sky HH gyro
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:40 am

THANK YOU--THANK YOU--THANK YOU-- :worthy: I am looking forward to that. I just got my Telebee gyro yesterday, so PLEASE include some info on that one.

What in the world would we do without you Nuttcaze?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Joehicks

Joehicks

PostSubject: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:17 am

I am sure with this note I am going to show my ignorance. YOu are telling me that I can get a gyro different that the one that is on the heli now for the typhoon 400? If I get either a Telebee or New E_Sky HH gyro then do I need to also get something else for the gyro to work with...?? Thanks for the advice... Joe
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Gyro   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:18 am

Yup thats what he tellin ya!! The only thing you gotta watch is with the servo you use.
You must make sure that the gyro is set to which type of servo it is either digital or anolog.
On your gyro you have now, there should be a switch on it for direction. Try moving the switch to the other position and see if that helps your spinning problem..
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:01 am

Now I have the same problem with my belt cp, but I think tail box isnt tight enough. Make sure all screws are tight in the tail box and also check belt old
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Ok guys, now I also have a problem headbeat My belt cp starts spinning at about 4/10 throttle. Till then everything works fine. The belt is tight (very tight) and the gyro works fine. What could be causing this? sad122
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:58 pm

hmm, not sure, I getting ready to make my video about setting up the tail (been super busy these last few days) so when its done maybe it'll have something to help you
Back to top Go down
Joehicks

Joehicks

PostSubject: Hellicopter uncontrol tail spin   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks NUT for creating YET another video for us... I for one will be looking forward to what you have to say since I too have problems with my typhoon 400 tail spin problems....Joe Hicks
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Direction   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Hey Joe, did you try flipping the direction switch on the gyro? When that switch is backward the heli will spin like a top!!
Back to top Go down
Joehicks

Joehicks

PostSubject: Typhoon 400 tail spin problem   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Reversing the gyro was the first thing I did.. I believe that I may cut loose and get a new gyro...Hopefully get one that is not the same $70.00 cost as the original...Thanks guys for the help and I will reply so others can see my response if anything positive come up
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OK   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:49 pm

Just thought I'd ask.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Joehicks

Joehicks

PostSubject: Uncontrol tail spin for Typhoon 400   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:55 am

Thanks VERY much for this additon of videos. After watching I found a couple of things that I can take back and review from my setup. I for one REALLY appreciate your efforts in making and sharing this with people like myself....Joe Hicks
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:09 am

Thanks for the video nuttcaze, but it didn't help me orange4 Everything looks correctly and in about 4/10 throttle heli starts spinning as hell orange78 Maybe it is because of straightened tail boom, but belt moves freely and tight
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:12 pm

I don't know anything about your heli, but I know on my Belt CP my tail servo linkage rod became loose from the fittings on each end. It is a glued fitting. I had to push the rod back in on the fittings and reglue it. Then of course I readjusted the tail servo position. No trouble since. Just a thought.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems   Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Typhoon 400 uncontrol tail spin problems
Page 1 of 1