RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

BeltCP v2 problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
willy007

willy007

BeltCP v2 problems Empty
PostSubject: BeltCP v2 problems   BeltCP v2 problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Hello .. im having some trouble with my cpv2, i built a heli stand for it. i got the idea from mr. herbert on you tube, straped in the cpv2 and spooled it up everything went ok the 1st time a few days later i ran it again and about 3 or 4 min into it i was running at about 70% throttle it cut way down like to a crawl, i pulled back the throttle and checked everything it seemed ok and started it back up again, after 2min again at about 70% stick it seemed to go down to about 10% power, i did this on more time b4 calling it and when i took the canopy off to check everything i pulled the battery out it was so hot i almost couldnt hold it...

Is there some kind of overheating protection going on here ? the motor and esc were hot as well, what part should i look at replacing ?

thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

BeltCP v2 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeltCP v2 problems   BeltCP v2 problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:56 pm

replace your esc 30-35 amp.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

BeltCP v2 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeltCP v2 problems   BeltCP v2 problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:46 am

I was experiencing the exact same thing with my Belt CP v2. Myself I noticed that if the HOV PIT knobb turned up all the way causes overheat really fast. This might cause alot of drag on the motor because of low Rpms. So I had to turn it down to 50% to get around 8min hovering time.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

BeltCP v2 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeltCP v2 problems   BeltCP v2 problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:17 pm

check what flagmax is talking about, also check the pitch on your main blades, I have a video in the Belt CP Sticky on setting up the Belt CP V2
Back to top Go down
willy007

willy007

BeltCP v2 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeltCP v2 problems   BeltCP v2 problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:58 pm

I did get a pitch gauge, problem is i still donrt really know how yo use it.. i put it on my blade and it seems to weigh to much... i even slide it up close to the swash, it still brings the blade way down, and i did have my hover pitch on max, i turned it up about a min into the flight untill it had enough power to lift up..

thanks for the responses.

so when and if i can get my pitch set right using the links on the head i assume, because i dont have a digital transmitter just the stock esky one, then i can set my hover pitch back to 50%ish and no more cutting out.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

BeltCP v2 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeltCP v2 problems   BeltCP v2 problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:09 pm

ok Nuttcaze has a new vid on a belt cp on you tube. He specifically made one setting a pitch on the belt cp v2. Go to youtube and subscribe on his channel . you will see it there.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

BeltCP v2 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeltCP v2 problems   BeltCP v2 problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down
flagmax

BeltCP v2 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeltCP v2 problems   BeltCP v2 problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 am

I followed my own advice but still have a similar problem.

I hover for 5:45min then it feels like it goes half throttle. Land, zero throttle for a second then start it up again and hovers until battery runs out.

Only thing I can think of is this ESC is piss of crap. It gets kinda hot and shuts down. I ordered another ESC. Hope the new ESC soves the problem.

ESC I ordered is
http://www.xheli.com/60aspco.html

So think about changing out ESC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BeltCP v2 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeltCP v2 problems   BeltCP v2 problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BeltCP v2 problems
Page 1 of 1