RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP Empty
PostSubject: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:48 pm

I just received 4 Hitec HS55 servos to use in Belt CP to replace the stock one's. However I don't think I'm going to be able to use them. Here's why. Help me out if I'm wrong:

First of all, I use the stock transmitter.

The Hitec servos operate in reverse of the stock Esky ones(if Esky rotates clockwise the Hitec operates counter clockwise)

I verified this by plugging a Hitec into my receiver to check it.

I can solve that for the rudder, aileron and elevator servos by changing the reversing switches on the front of the transmitter.

I can't reverse the pitch servo that way, the other reversing switch is for the throttle and reverses the throttle and not the servo.

I don't know of any way to reverse the pitch servo. happyno kane whacky117

Any of you guys know a solution to this problem, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Donnie D
Esky Belt CP (grounded until I can solve this problem)
Back to top Go down
HBFP Pilot

HBFP Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:08 am

I'm not sure if this will work but try plugging the aileron servo into the spot for the pitch servo on the Rx, then you might still be able to use the reversing switch for the aileron and the pitch sevo might already be moving in the right direction, maybe

spock blink dunce
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:05 am

HBFP Pilot wrote:
I'm not sure if this will work but try plugging the aileron servo into the spot for the pitch servo on the Rx, then you might still be able to use the reversing switch for the aileron and the pitch sevo might already be moving in the right direction, maybe

spock blink dunce

No, it wont work. I think you will need to use comp tx or something like this http://www.aeromicro.com/Catalog/dionysus_design_servo_reverser_3975198.htm Wink
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:27 am

I think I'm just gonna order some Tower Pro sg90's and lick my wounds. If you know anbbody that would like 4 HS55's at a good price, I got em.

Thanks
Donnie D laughing013
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:49 pm

HBFP Pilot wrote:

spock blink dunce

this might actually work, maybe, I'm building an EXI Squadron with a stock Rx/Tx from a HBK II and I have somewhat of the same issue with servo direction, but after some messing around I think I figured out a way to make it all work, kinda doing the same thing, I'll let you know on Friday when I get my new kit

I'm really hoping I got this figured right, lol thinking
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

PostSubject: HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:30 pm

Hello, I was just wondering why you would replace the digital EK1- 508 servo with an anolog one?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 5:56 am

the E_Sky servos are weak. They work great for The HBFP and Co-axials but for the HBK II and Belt CP, they really need stronger servos.
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

PostSubject: PROBLEMS WITH HS55   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:09 am

Why do you not just cut the wires and reverse the polarity?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:33 am

I don't know if that would work. I've thought about trying it though. Anybody else got any ideas on this? I've got sg90's ordered that I'm gonna use, but what do any of you other guys out there think? think004

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:24 pm

I am 80% sure, that servo will burn out. atomic But you can open servo and reverse motor polarity think004
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:14 pm

I don't know either, but I don't think I'm gonna open them up. Making the stripped gear repair is one thing, but taking a perfectly good servo and swapping and cutting leads is alltogether something else. I'm a little too shaky for that. old wheelchair I've got those servos up for sale,and if someone wants them ok, otherwise I'll be able to use them on something sooner or later as I'm planning on ordering my dx6i next week. excited They will come in handy sooner or later. Probably could use them if I ever need to on my HBFP as I should be able to reverse polarity on the elev and aileron with the stock transmitter without any problem. think004 coool thinking

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:24 pm

I don't remember the specific reason but reversing the wires won't reverse the servo just screw it up. there is an actual "servo reversing device". If I can find a link I'll put it up.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:59 pm

heres a sweet vid by Dave Herbert about reversing a servo

Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:02 am

Yea, thanks for the post. I also saw it in the sticky. This will be invaluable info in the future.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP   Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Hitec HS55 servos--HELP
Page 1 of 1