RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt problems on the esmart 600

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

Belt problems on the esmart 600 Empty
PostSubject: Belt problems on the esmart 600   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:13 pm

I was having so many problems with my es600 when I got it and had to do some research. Main problems are with vibrations. I have the all metal edition.

Now my research came up with advise to leave the drive belt tight. Nuttcaze metioned removing some of the boom but stated no one had a problem leaving it tight.

Well I did. I was having terrible tail vibrations and tail wag problems. It wasnt untill I adjusted the belt to be a little loose did all the problems go away.

Now my other problem is that with everything straight and in line the belt is off to the left ( when looking at it from the rear) and just bareley rubbing the metal tail case.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem??

By the way I still have some vibration issues from the head but I have a flyable heli. It flys very well. A shorter flybar helps alot.

Thanks for any help and thanks to Nuttcaze for creating this forum!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Belt   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:59 pm

I assume you mean that the belt rides to the left side of the tail pully. Mine also does. There is no reason for concern at all unless it jumps off the pully. If you wanted to get it riding in the center of the pully you will need to rotate the tail box on the boom. I believe if you rotate it counterclock wise, as looking at it from behind you will find it will find its way over to the center. I would try moving it a very little bit at a time. This happens because the belt is turned 90' as it travels thru the boom. I don't think there is a reason to worry about it unless it is scraping the belt enough to leave any marks on it, or creating any belt "dust".
As far as the vibs from the head, has the "E" been crashed? Is the main shaft bent?
And yes a shorter flybar will slow down the reaction of the head and make it more manageable for us less experianced pilots.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Belt problems on the esmart 600   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 am

Thanks for the reply. No crashes on the es600. Everything you said about the belt is correctly stated. I am not to worried about it but read someone on the forums talked about centering the belt on the pully. I was just wondering if someone knew somthing I didnt. I experiment on realflight with flybar length and paddle weight before altering my heli. I like lighter paddles and shorter flybar length. You know Im sure, that everyone has different needs and styles to their fly"n.

I have found that my vibration seems to disapear when I remove the blade grips, feathering shaft and bushings. With all removed when I spin it up its very smooth. The feathering shaft is not bent. When I re-install everything and using petrolium jelly on the bushings it will run fairly smooth for a couple of flights. Then it seems to just come back. Its almost like the feathering shaft moves to one side causing the blade grip to protrude out longer on one side and not returning making the balance off. Even with balanced blades.

With it spooled up its not too bad and flies good, but I will notice the boom supports vibrating.

I feel like I am rambling on..........
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt problems on the esmart 600   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:38 am

a problem with the Plastic Edition has is that the feathering shafts don't have threads far enough down the shaft to properly tighten the feathering shaft, as a result the shaft will shift to one side just like you mentioned yours did. I haven't had this problem with the 6mm feathering shafts the Semi-Metal, Metal and Carbon Editions use. But you could try adding a washer to the inside of the blade grip, that will allow you to tighten the blade grips a bit more. Its how I solved the problem on my Plastic Edition Head.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Belt problems on the esmart 600   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 am

Thats an interesting thought....I think I will investigate that further. I think with the way things are going I will get this esmart to fly even better.

Thanks for the idea Nuttcaze!! That could be it.....
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt problems on the esmart 600   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:11 pm

found a pic about but its kinda bad, couldn't get my cam to focus where I wanted it too

Belt problems on the esmart 600 Headtwistbb
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Belt problems on the esmart 600   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Great! I was wondering where you put it. I was thinking I was going to try just where you put yours.

Thanks for the pic.....

Nuttcaze...you dont have any opinions on the belt riding to one side do you??
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt problems on the esmart 600   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:34 pm

The tail belts have always run to the side on mine, but I've been flying mine for over a year wit no probs orange72
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt problems on the esmart 600   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Belt on mine rides to the side as well.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt problems on the esmart 600   Belt problems on the esmart 600 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt problems on the esmart 600
Page 1 of 1