RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

4 in 1 settings ???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ

KJ

4 in 1 settings ??? Empty
PostSubject: 4 in 1 settings ???   4 in 1 settings ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:36 am

hi fellas. question- on my 4in1 the gain sets the tail rotor speed, what does the "proportional" screw set ? And what is the proper way to make this adjustment ?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

4 in 1 settings ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 in 1 settings ???   4 in 1 settings ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:57 am

Actually it is the proportion that controls the speed of the tail motor.

To adjust it,, set your throttle trim to center, bring heli to a hover and see which way the heli wants to yaw.

Looking down on the heli, if it yaws clockwise, unplug battery and turn the proportion pot counterclockwise just a tiny bit. Plug motor back in and test hover.

Repeat process, being sure to unplug heli each time you adjust. Of course turn pot clockwise if heli yaws counterclockwise.

Only make tiny adjustments each time. It may take a few trys to get it right. Also expect to do this a couple of times during the life of the tail motor as it weakens withe age. (much like me)

Hope this helps,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down

4 in 1 settings ???
Page 1 of 1