RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

tool kit question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

tool kit question Empty
PostSubject: tool kit question   tool kit question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:33 am

I want to order a tool kit to work on my belt cp. Not sure which 1 to get. What is the size of the nut at the bottom of the main shaft? Should i order a full kit or can i get a nut driverand hex driver some where else? How do you get the motor out? It looks like mount is riveted in and i can only see 1 screw from the bottom. Is there a sticky about this?
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

tool kit question Empty
PostSubject: Tool Kit   tool kit question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:50 pm

This is the tool kit I purchased on Nuttz's recomendation.

http://www.xheli.com/nowwi2newfrt.html

It has served me very well and you have almost all of the tools you will need in one organized box. I always take mine to the flying field incase I have to make some adjustments. I have replaced the ball link pliers with a better pair as one of the tips broke off of the kits pair of ball link pliers.

The philips head screwdrivers are OK (I really don't like philips fasteners). They work but could be of a higher quality. WHAT DO I EXPECT FOR THE GREAT PRICE!

The kit is a good starting point for your tool collection.

Here is a link to the replacement ball link pliers that I ordered. I know, I know they cost as much or more than the whole tool set. As you work on your heli you will appreciate a good set of ball link pliers and these are a good set. I just modified the foam in my kit above to fit the new pliers.

http://www.ronlund.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=heli&Product_Code=2513041

Don't choke on the price!

Have I mentioned I'm heli crazy?

Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

tool kit question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tool kit question   tool kit question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:21 am

I have a similar kit as cgetman with case. I also wanted some for my tool boxes so I bought some from ebay that are loose. Search "RC helicopter plane car Hex 7P screw driver tool kit" on ebay and you'll find them for like $12.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

tool kit question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tool kit question   tool kit question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:31 pm

xheli tool kit ok but i personly think it suck kinda cheap quility my bits are alway gettin lose and fall out sometimes... always gotta keep tighting the screws in the handle painn the censored
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

tool kit question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tool kit question   tool kit question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Maybe you can locktite the tools so they don't loosen up.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

tool kit question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tool kit question   tool kit question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:41 pm

u know i've never thought of that good idea i can't believe i've ever tried that :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

tool kit question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tool kit question   tool kit question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:19 pm

hehe glad I suggested it Wink

If we can locktite our helis, why not the tools too hehe.

I wonder what kind of tools the pros use. Is there a better quality tool set out there where the metal is harder and doesn't strip?
Back to top Go down
burton8012

tool kit question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tool kit question   tool kit question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:26 am

one thing i hate about the exi tools is the ball link pliers they SUCK so bad im always using the regular pliers to bend them forks back together
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tool kit question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tool kit question   tool kit question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tool kit question
Page 1 of 1