RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

RC Heli & Plane Insurance ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rhino-neil

rhino-neil

RC Heli & Plane Insurance ? Empty
PostSubject: RC Heli & Plane Insurance ?   RC Heli & Plane Insurance ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi All.
I have been told by a local 'RC Group' that we supposed to have insurance when flying anywhere in public, inside or out.

Is this true ?
Or are they just trying to get me to part with my money, (not that i have a lot)?

Is this just in the UK or is it world wide?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: RC Heli & Plane Insurance ?   RC Heli & Plane Insurance ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:33 pm

I know for the US, all rc plane and heli clubs require you to be a member of the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics). There are lots of benefits but you also get insurance in case you hit someone or something. That way everyones covered.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/

flyaway
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: RC Heli & Plane Insurance ?   RC Heli & Plane Insurance ? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:07 am

rhino-neil wrote:
Hi All.
I have been told by a local 'RC Group' that we supposed to have insurance when flying anywhere in public, inside or out.

Is this true ?
Or are they just trying to get me to part with my money, (not that i have a lot)?

Is this just in the UK or is it world wide?

It's a good way to make money off of your hard earned mone. Don't join a club and you won't have to worry about paying. I say, just find an empty field in the early morning or at sunset, those are the best times to fly and when everyone is still sleeping in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RC Heli & Plane Insurance ?   RC Heli & Plane Insurance ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RC Heli & Plane Insurance ?
Page 1 of 1