RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt CP main gear replacement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Belt CP main gear replacement Empty
PostSubject: Belt CP main gear replacement   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:34 pm

OK, so I replaced the servos on my belt with sg 90's, went thru the set up process and test flew it. excited Everything seemed ok except I knew I had a couple of teeth missing on the main gear, and decided to replace it. Once I got the gear removed, I realized that the bearing wasn't in the new gear. I don't have a way to remove or install the bearing, unless someone can tell me how. angry032 angry032 I probably would be better off to upgrade to a new gear.

Could someone recommend a replacement that is hopefully a direct fit and doesn't require some other change to make it work.

Help please. I've been grounded for 2 weeks, finaly get back in the air, and now I'm grounded again until I can get this main gear replaced.

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP main gear replacement   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:37 pm

I think I found a solution. I found the Blade 400 main gear with the bearing installed at Heli Direct. I think this is a direct fit on the Belt CP V1. Is that right?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP main gear replacement   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:03 pm

thats what I've been told. But if you ask me I think you should buy the EXI 450 Squadron, they're on sale for $60 and is the best upgrade you can buy for your Belt CP. They fly ALOT better then the Belt CP's and they use Align T-Rex 450 SE parts so you'll never have to worry about not being able to find parts again. I just got Blazemob to upgrade his Belt CP V2 to the EXI, he loves it. Just a thought

2cents

Belt CP main gear replacement 18H71-3
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: What??   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:03 pm

I say if your going to up-grade go for it and get a EXI 500!!! Now thats a real heli!!!
Just not for 60 bucks!!
Isn't that an all plastic model? How long will they stay tight? Anybody had one for a while yet??
I'll tell ya what, My HBK2 thats all metal has worked up quite a bit of slop, and I don't do anything but hover and crash the thing.. I just wonder how long plastic stuff holds up?
Nuttcaze, is one of your es600's the plastic? has that done ok wear wise?
I switched over to metal right away and I'm just wondering how long the platsic holds tight. I know some plastic is great stuff, but is that what is being used on helis?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Xheli   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Just went over to Xheli to have a look at the 450's and they got some good lookin EXI 450's!! But I think If I was gonna go that way I'd fork up a few more bucks and upgrade to one of the CF and semi metal kits.
But I'm still really fond of Esky no matter how hard to fly they are, I just really like them... I really don't know why but I do!!
Silly huh?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP main gear replacement   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 am

I'm not sure what you mean by upgrading the Belt CP with the EXI 450. whatt whatt What did Blazemob do? Did he buy the EXI ARF and move all of the electronics off the Belt to the EXI or what?

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: yup   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:59 am

Yup thats what he's saying!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP main gear replacement   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:07 am

Wow. I guess it must be a good move, but it just seems like an awful waete of a lot of helicopter. Maybe after I finish the ES 600, I'll get an EXI 450 and build it.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ???   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:17 am

Stick with what you got!!!! It will work for you.. Both those guys started with the CP and learned with it so it can't be that bad!!! Just look what they say about learning to fly with a Honey Bee King2!!!! I haven't given up yet... And once I've mastered it (and I think I'm close) everything else will be nothin to fly!!!! And everything else will be a lot more fun then too... And I say when you do up grade than really up grade..
This EXI is just a diff design but it is still plastic.. with that thinking you could go for the 35 dollar HK450 from Hobbyking.. Cheap yes, and a 450 yes, flys good yes,, but still a cheap plastic 450!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP main gear replacement   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:41 am

I've actually been real pleased with my Belt CP. When it's set up properly and everythings adjusted properly it flys very smoothly. I'm just begining to get the hang of setting it up, thanks to Nutcaze and his set up vids he posted the other day. Im not much for mods just for the sake of modding, seems like one mod just leads to another, but I've seen where some mods are needed and good. For example I've installed Super Skids on both my HBFP and my Belt CP. They are much stronger than the stock skids and they look much better. I also changed the stock servos on the Belt with sg90's. Now I'm gonna be changing the main gear on the Belt with the Blade 400 main gear. I just got my dx6i for my ES 600 build and I also plan on putting the Belt on it as well as soon as I can get another receiver. I understand that's the best upgrade you can make. After this I'll see what I may need as I go along. Right now I see no need to change anything else on my HBFP. I like it just the way it is.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Last edited by Donnie D on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP main gear replacement   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:45 am

It actually is a very good heli stock, The heads are very tight and have no slop which translates to much more stable flight. I started with the HBK II and moved to the Belt CP V1 and then the E-Smart. If I had to do it over again I'd have skipped the HBK II and Belt CP and gone straight to the E-Smart. Then I would have gone down to a 450. once I started flying the E-Smart and got comfortable with it, I can't believe how much better I got in such a short amount of time. But as far as upgrading to the EXI, it'll be the best investment you can make for the heli. I'm getting ready to sell a Belt CP V2 ARTF so I can get another EXI 450. I'm gonna have 4 450's very soon. They are such sweet helis. happyyes happyyes
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ??   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:06 am

But why do you want to have that many the same? I don't get that... Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a large fleet and having more than one of the same.. in fact I have 3CFPro ESmarts.. But only one built to fly at a time... I'll have that,a600 the EXI500 the sereamer 480 the HBK2 oh and the G Smart. so I'm all for the big fleet. I'm just think I like to mix it up.. I can even see two,but 4?? You are gonna set them up diff. thou right?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: 6S   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:09 am

Just got Email from Hobby king.. My 6S/5000 will be shipped tonight... Now I really need them parts!!!
Oh and nutts, I'll be dropping that 75 this weekend I hope, do you still havce the 5S?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP main gear replacement   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:25 am

I decided to replace my whole fleet with EXI 450 Squadron's so I need a few more to make up for the helis I sold biggrin But I plan on spending ALOT of time flying them this year so the more I have the less likely it'll be that I get stuck without being able to fly something flyaway

Yep, still have the battery. Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP main gear replacement   Belt CP main gear replacement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt CP main gear replacement
Page 1 of 1