RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

belt cp main gear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
carrwings

carrwings

belt cp main gear Empty
PostSubject: belt cp main gear   belt cp main gear I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:23 pm

hello guys,
Can I replace the stock main gear off of a belt cp with a blade 400 stock gear? It seems that I have heard that will work (both gears with one way bearing).

One other thing..............since i trashed the feathering shaft, is there simple way of checking the main shaft for trueness without disassembling the head.

thanks for any input, appreciate this forum!!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

belt cp main gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: belt cp main gear   belt cp main gear I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:54 am

the gears of the blade 400 will fit. Not only that, it's a lot stronger and durable. As for the Main shaft, I would suggest Replacing it.
Back to top Go down
carrwings

carrwings

belt cp main gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: belt cp main gear   belt cp main gear I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:06 am

thanks, br
I did replace shaft and will use b400 gearset. orange74
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

belt cp main gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: belt cp main gear   belt cp main gear I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 am

Good luck, and happy flying! orange74 orange74
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

belt cp main gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: belt cp main gear   belt cp main gear I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:42 am

I have been using the Blade 400 main gear for a while, and it worked great at first. It is stronger, quieter, and runs smoother. However, a short while back I developed a problem with the main gears. I am using the B 400 top gear with the Belt CP stock bottom gear. For some reason The top gear started spinning two or three turns before engaging the bottom gear, causing it to jerk the heli on spin up. I had another new B 400 gear and replaced it, but same thing. During the funfly, I cleaned the bearing and bottom gear shaft and that seemed to somewhat improve it a bit, but sometimes it still does same thing. I'm getting ready to order a whole new stock main gear set(top and bottom with a new one way bearing) and see if that corrects the problem.

I'll keep you informed.

By the way, someone over on the Freak said he had same problem with Blade 400 gear.

We'll see.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
carrwings

carrwings

belt cp main gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: belt cp main gear   belt cp main gear I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:15 pm

interesting, Donnie D. I have flown about 4 packs so far without any probs. Let us know if you go back to stock gear set up and fix problem.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

belt cp main gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: belt cp main gear   belt cp main gear I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Actually, my problem has pretty much cleared up. I took the gear apart and some grease had gotten between the one way and the lower gear shaft. I cleaned off all traces of the grease and now the gears work fine.

Other than that problem, I like the Blade 400 top gear just fine. Much smoother and quieter than the stock gear.

I just ordered the Micro Heli top gear and as soon as the Micro Heli bottom gear comes back in stock, I'm gonna install those just to see how they work.

I'll keep you all posted.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

belt cp main gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: belt cp main gear   belt cp main gear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

belt cp main gear
Page 1 of 1