RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt CP: tail to heavy?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lar5web

lar5web

Belt CP: tail to heavy? Empty
PostSubject: Belt CP: tail to heavy?   Belt CP: tail to heavy? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:33 pm

hi to all,
i think the tail of my belt is to heavy?!
if you have one, how is yours? i am new to 6ch helis, so i do not have any reference.

Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

PostSubject: Belt CP   Belt CP: tail to heavy? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Hello, Your tail is heavy because of what you have. You bought this on E-bay correct? You have a carbon fiber body, aluminum head, aluminum tail boom, and plastic tail fins. If you have carbon body, you should have a carbon boom, carbon fins, and tail blades. The aluminum and plastic are the difference. 2cents
Back to top Go down
lar5web

lar5web

PostSubject: tail 2 heavy   Belt CP: tail to heavy? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:52 am

this is what i thought as well.
i just ordered the other carbon parts and some 2200mah lipos. For now i tried a couple of thinks. the best balancing i have, is mounting the lipo, like how they are mounted on the Trex. feels much better. Balancing is almost perfect without extra weight. i am really asking my self, if this is not a better place for the battery, because its more close to the rotor/swahplate and almost the same height like the tail. curios to know how the difference will be with the carbon tail.
Back to top Go down
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP: tail to heavy?   Belt CP: tail to heavy? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi, move the battery forward to balance it, if the battery is pushed right into the heli it will be tail heavy.

I find the back of the battery should be level with where the front skid fixes to the frame, use a velco strap to secure it there and prevent it from going to far back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP: tail to heavy?   Belt CP: tail to heavy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt CP: tail to heavy?
Page 1 of 1