RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Did you fly your heli today?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hbk2flyer

hbk2flyer

Did you fly your heli today? Empty
PostSubject: Did you fly your heli today?   Did you fly your heli today? I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:42 am

Flew the Hawk last Sunday. Still getting used to nitro. The servos are way too slow on 5v so I am going to bump it up to 6v tomarrow and see how they like that.

Flew the T500 tonight. Nice slow piro and circuits. Slowest & most controlled circuits I have ever done. Somewhat confined field so I did not let her rip. Good thing too.

Later on I was marvelling how nice the head turns and discovered one of the blade grip ball-posts was literally hanging on my a thread. It was really loose and about to fall off. I have to work on doing thorough pre-flights. Near disaster there.

I tried a cam mounted to the underside of the transmitter. Not so great, apparently I jerk the tx around a bit whilst I fly!

Add to this post if you flew today!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Did you fly your heli today?   Did you fly your heli today? I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:38 am

I flew my EXI 450 SE today, first flight ever, fly's pretty good with the stock plastic blades but it'd be better with some light weight woodies, I'll be sticking some Align 325mm blades on it soon but its fine for now. I took video of the flight and will upload it after I edit the vid. I was gonna fly my EXI 450 Squadron but I broke the tail pulley in my last crash. Didn't find this out till I tried to fly it today orange4 but 1 good flight was enough to keep me from going crazy, lol orange71

Did you fly your heli today? SDC19132Large
Back to top Go down
hbk2flyer

hbk2flyer

PostSubject: T500 Mayday! Mayday! She''''''''''''''''s goin down!   Did you fly your heli today? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Tried wearing my non-perscription sun glasses.
Worked fine for my plane. Trex 500 turned into a fuzz ball though at about 100 yrds.
10 mph headwind pushed it back at me fortunately. I saw it again right before it hit the ground.

Only damage was the spun main gear from not flicking the throttle hold switch.

Last edited by hbk2flyer on Tue May 19, 2009 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Did you fly your heli today?   Did you fly your heli today? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:06 am

NICE SAVE. Between you and Nuttcaze's vid today I have found that I am not that bad. I can land just like you guys orange6
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Re: Did you fly your heli today?   Did you fly your heli today? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:45 am

Finally hovered my Blue Ray yesterday, was calm enough out side that I was able to get some time in to get the feel of it. Not as bad as the CP or 4#3B I have, the BR is far more predictabile and stable, one sweet bird.

Tristar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you fly your heli today?   Did you fly your heli today? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you fly your heli today?
Page 1 of 1