RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck

Go down 
+3
Donnie D
Jack the R
Ron9711
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ron9711

Ron9711

plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck Empty
PostSubject: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Ive been reading about upgrades, wondering if they were worth it, but,, as Ive been attempting to learn to fly on a dynam and a honey bee fp, the only thing ive broken so far is those stinking plastic hubs- the ears which hold the bearings on go veeerrryyy easily......Guess ill get the upgrades....... orange71
Back to top Go down
Jack the R

Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:30 pm

That's odd, I've broken the ring like pushrods and a couple of the rotor heads but never the center hub. I've had quite a few good crashes too.

I've been thinking about the CNC upgrades as well and I've decided that it's not worth it. HBFP is basically garbage. By the time you do the CNC, super skids, and RTF-Heli's brushless motor upgrades, you're pushing well into the cost of a Belt-CP carbon (without electronics).

HBFP has gotten me to the point where I can hover it everyway except nose on, and I might be able to do that too if it weren't for radio interference from the tail motor. I'll buy a few more plastic parts to get my confidence built up better and then I'm through with it.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Patience, patience, patience. itsok_170 I'm certainly not a very good pilot, and when I first started flying the HBFP, and for a good long while, I was constantly breaking parts. I may tear the whole copter to shreds tomorrow, but knock on wood, I haven't broken a part on either my HBFP or Belt CP in over a month. I just try not to push the old envelope to much at the time. Sort of try to stay close to my ability and only push beyond it a bit at the time. 2cents Just hate to see anyone get discouraged.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Jack the R

Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:42 pm

RC711 has the regular Belt-CP (comes with brushless motor) for $250 and the 3DPro metal upgrade kit for Belt-CP for $50.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Hobby4less.com has the Belt CP V1 for $188.88.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Jack the R

Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:09 am

Wow, and the bare bones kit for $78!

Totally not worth it to upgrade HBFP unless you've got a mad 4 channel fetish.
Back to top Go down
Ron9711

Ron9711

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Jack the R wrote:
Wow, and the bare bones kit for $78!

Totally not worth it to upgrade HBFP unless you've got a mad 4 channel fetish.

Well Im a TOTAL NOOB, training myself,,, so YES,, I would imagine Ill be flying a 4 channel for a while before trying to get my belt cpV2 in the air again..... MUCH cheaper to repair.... orange6
Back to top Go down
Ron9711

Ron9711

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:38 pm

that does make sense, But I got a looong way to go before im any where near control, and Im confused enough with the 4 ch, let alone the si orange4

I havent seen any tail misfires, but then i havent had much alitude yet LOL!.. The cpV2 I have scares me orange43 So I thought maybe upgrading would help, but it would appear thats not the case, Ill prolly stay with the plastic stuff till I get a ggggrip!!

Hey, Im~~ old so I need all the help I can get!!
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:11 pm

You can call it tail misfires, but it is the amount of RF Noise that causes false signals to the tail motor. That can be easily fixed with a line fiilter instead of buying a new TX/Rx like a Spektrum Dx6i. It's not necessary when you are flying at this stage of the hobby.

Some users just don't understand this and go about buying an expensive Tx/Rx to avoid so called tail misfires without really understanding what they are experiencing. An inexpensive line filter will keep the RF Noise to a mininum.

========================================================

First, on my website, I make mods from metal upgrades to brushless. Peope do it because it's their decision, their money, and their investment in the hobby. I fill their needs regardless if in some cases it is cheaper to buy a 6-channel CP.

With regards to comparing the cost of upgrading a 4-channel to just buying a 6-channel - Some users like the challenge of a 4-channel and don't care for inverted flying. I like my 4-channel FP and 6-channel CP. I like my 4-channel to be it's best by giving it the proper motors and rotor head gear. I like my 6-channel CP to be it's best also. I have modified every heli to be it's best. A regular 6-channel will cost a lot more than what you originally pay for it when you are done, unless you want to pay up for a 6-channel that already has all the bells and whistles.

Bottom line, it's not a cheap hobby. Upgrading a 4-channel Co-axial, 4-channel FP, or 6-channel CP will cost money no matter what.

flyaway
Back to top Go down
Brutus5

Brutus5

PostSubject: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:02 pm

2cents
Jack the R wrote:
Like I said, unless you've got a 4 channel fetish, upgrading the HBFP makes no sense.

Well you don't have to have a fetish to upgrade your FP. I have 2 CP helis and i use them often, BUT it's the FP I use all the time, the reason: I have it with me everywhere when I travel around, it's easy to fix, and it has cheap parts.

RTF-Heli wrote:
Peope do it because it's their , their money, and their investment in the hobby.

I agree to that. There is no right or wrong in this matter it's about taste, money and what you decide.
I use a Futaba 6EXHP TX converted to 2,4Ghz (switches betvin 35Mhz and 2,4Ghz to lazy to carry 2 radios) to control my birds. I,ve just converted my 4in1 to control brushless ESC, no signal adaptor needed. Not because of the money, but because I read about it and, wanted to see if I could do it. I also upgraded my FP with:
Composite Blade Grip, Metal Fly-Bar control, Metal Swash plate, and Metal Central Hub. I've just ordered this frame to:

http://www.heli-fever.com/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=1964

That's a part of the hobby IMHO. And, yes I guess I am a fetish, to this hobby that is.

And to you Ron9711:
The hub on the HBFP is crapp, and the bladegrip is weak and the blades flexes a lot.
So IMHO you should replace them.
Take a look at Nuttcaze's videos on how to set up the HBFP

http://mysite.verizon.net/bizwptdb/id8.html

Here is a lot of info abaout FP's.
Good Luck and happy flying. (and ohh keep the faith fly high )

orange60
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:52 am

While you are entitiles to how you want to spend your moeny - other users are upgrading their E-SKY Lama or some 4-channel FP heli. There is obviously a market place for this. X-treme productions for example sells metal upgrades for the E-SKY LAMA co-axials and the E-SKY HBFP helis.

I certaintly hope that you aren't calling everyone who upgrades their co-axial or FP heli to be wasteful since it is our own money and that your opinion is just that.

flyaway
Back to top Go down
Ron9711

Ron9711

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Hey guys didn mean to start a p*ssing match here orange60

As a noob, I hesitate to point out a few thigs, but shall any how....Ive been reviewing info on these upgrades which would seem to make a cheapo heli run smoother/better-and while they are only four channel, the learning I have gone through in researching this has been very valuable. Ive gone from a noob just trying to get something off the goround, to a point where Im thinking of building my own versions- THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!! While the opinion of getting a good six channel to start is a valid one, for me, the fixd pitchers are working as a great learning tool, so why not make that tool as good as it can be......This is from a noobs view, not a seasoned and perhaps a bit jaded view from veterans.... just my thought... bye
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:34 pm

My friend upgraded honey bee frame and installed metal swash plate, metal center hub, and metal paddle control frame and now hb RULZ orange71 Flies as stable as my belt cp (if we don't mention tail control orange72 )
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:23 pm

Ron9711, I have two HBFP's. One has some glitches(Non Digital). And one is a perfect flyer(Digital). I am also only a block from our Police station so I think the strength of their signal is causing the glitches. As for you breaking the center hub, it is actually a good part, just cut the power before you hit the ground! I know you want to save the flight, and your copter, but cut the power after you lose control! I see no need to use all those metal parts on an HBFP! I also have a Belt CP V1. You need to learn all you can on the HBFP! orange74 I also have two hbcp2's and a ES600
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck   plstic center hubs on hbfp  s*ck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

plstic center hubs on hbfp s*ck
Page 1 of 1