RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBK2 Motor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini owner

HBK2 Motor Empty
PostSubject: HBK2 Motor   HBK2 Motor I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:02 pm

Well, I busted my stock HBK2 brushed motor, which as many people have said, it sucks. Anyways, what would be a good brushless motor upgrade. I would like one that you can basically connect some wires and you are set to go, as I don't have any soldering tools. Keep in mind the price, as I basically cant buy something too expensive due to my other recent purchases.

Thanks!
Alex
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

HBK2 Motor Empty
PostSubject: HBK2   HBK2 Motor I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:24 pm

I've used the Esky 3900 with very good luck. I don't recall if it comes with wire connectors already on or not. You will also need a brushless speed control. Truthfully you are going to need to get an iron cause so many things don't have ends on. Any auto store will have something for aroung 20-30 bucks. Maybe you should just bite the buttit and go for the sodiering iron and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

HBK2 Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Motor   HBK2 Motor I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:09 am

Would this do me any good? Or do you guys not recommend it?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

HBK2 Motor Empty
PostSubject: Well YEA   HBK2 Motor I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:25 am

Of course I do or I wouldn't write it. The only thing I'd do diff. is the speed control. Even though I've no trouble with mine there are enough guys that have problems that I think I've been lucky and would not take the chance if I were going to do it again.
I really like and use HobbyWing now but there are plenty cheaper ones to pick from.
But the 3900 is a super motor and will make your HBK2 scream!!!
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

HBK2 Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Motor   HBK2 Motor I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:50 am

Haha sorry, I meant to post a link. I know what you recommend will do me fine fatdaddy.

Heres the link to what I was talking about: http://www.helidirect.com/esky-brushless-motor-3100kv-speed-controller-honey-bee-king-p-5375.hdx

Sorry bout' the mix-up haha.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBK2 Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Motor   HBK2 Motor I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 2:24 am

I was one of those who had that type of ESky ESC burst into flames so I always recommend a different one. I too use Hobbywing and Volcano ESC's all with good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HBK2 Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Motor   HBK2 Motor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBK2 Motor
Page 1 of 1