RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread

Go down 
+15
Donnie D
HBFP NL
Mozzy
HexHead
jstarks
Bert
kshep
Pittnuma
Drakaji
P3tras
247rememberme
davesheli
tonybooger
kwhitley
Nuttcaze
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tonybooger

tonybooger

ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:25 am

will the old flybars work in the V2?

And if not, if the new metal flybar is different, does that mean the paddle control part and central hub are different, as the flybar goes through them, and if the new flybar is thicker, it may mean they are different parts to the v1???
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 am

Apparently it is the same as the belt cp
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:19 am

The HBFP has always been able to use the Belt CP (or other 450 size heli) flybar, the paddle control frame is exactly the same as before. So you can use the original flybar or the Belt CP flybar.
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:28 pm

Xheli.com now has the Honey Bee V2 listed on their web site for $99.00 (USD). It currently says "Sold Out" though orange67

Hopefully they'll get it in stock soon!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:38 am

hmmm i wonder... Are there spare parts for repairings fpr the HBFP V2?, Isnt better to wait for spare parts?.

Or the HBFP V1 spare parts works for the V2?.

Just analyzing the option.

Thanks!

:prop:
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:22 am

Most of the spare parts from the v1 will work on the v2. The tail boom and tail box wont work because the taill on the v2 is bigger. I think the main shaft is a little different also but I havent needed to change it yet so I am not sure.The flybar and paddles are different but where the flybar passes thru the head and outer control frame, is the same. Other than that part from v1 will work on v2.

I did break one of the skids on the v2, actually it bent on a very hard landing and then I broke it while I was trying to straighten it. I got a small wooden dowell rod from a local hardware store and cut a piece about two inches long and sanded it so that it fit perfectly inside the skid. Then I glued it about half way into one piece of the skid and then glued and slid the other piece of the skid on. Worked perfect and you can hardly tell where it broke. :bigthumb:

V2 is awesome but I do still like the v1 also, but I like all things heli :giggle: !

J.
Back to top Go down
HexHead

PostSubject: 2.4 reciever   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 am

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the 4 in 1 could be modified to use an AR6100 like the old one could. I would really like to get this heli, but would rather fly it with my DX7.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:24 am

Yeah, it can be modified. The V1 and V2 uses the same 4in1 orange68
Back to top Go down
HexHead

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:39 am

I forgot to ask, If I remember correctly, the video Nuttcaze has for modifying the 4 in 1 to use the AR6100 was an FM reciever, correct? Can the esky 2.4ghz reciever be modified to use an AR6100 as well?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:49 am

I am 80% sure that it can be also modified :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: HBFP V2 parts available at Miracle-Mart   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:27 pm

For those of you that don't know yet.
Miracle-Mart is selling HBFP V2 parts now. No frame parts yet. But they do have canopies, tail boom, skids, and the tail housing

Also CP3 parts are available.
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:42 am

Righto! Has anyone put a xtreme 380x, or slowmax in this thing yet? It would go good with the 3cell lipo wouldnt it???

Also, does the 3cell get the head speed up faster than the 7.4v lipo? ...enough to use 8degree woodies, or m24 blade without having to upgrade the motor?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 am

Yeah, head speed is higher with 3s battery. I think you should try it :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
HBFP NL

HBFP NL

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi All

This is my first post on My RC Guides Forum. I found this forum as the URL was projected in Nuttcaze movies on Youtube. The same movie(s) that helped my deceide to buy a HBFP 2.

Today I received it and I have a small question:

How do I use the velcro which is provided to firm the battery. Or whats a proper way to combine the velcro and battery. I gues there is a best way.

Greetings from Europe,
Eric
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Best way to use the velcro strap in my opinion is to throw it in the trash can. Get you some new velcro with adhesive on the back, stick a piece on the batt, and a piece on the holder shelf. Then get a thick rubber band to back that up. That is what i use on my E-Smart and on my Belt CP V1 I just slip the batt into the holder and use a rubber band to hold it in. Never had a problem with either one.
Giddyup.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
kodak_jack

kodak_jack

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:38 pm

tonybooger wrote:
Righto! Has anyone put a xtreme 380x, or slowmax in this thing yet? It would go good with the 3cell lipo wouldnt it???

Also, does the 3cell get the head speed up faster than the 7.4v lipo? ...enough to use 8degree woodies, or m24 blade without having to upgrade the motor?
The Slo_Max has been discontinued for a few months now. The Xtreme 380 has been known to burn up 4-in-1's on the original HBFP, so, I never recommend it. Like it or not, there is the Fireball or the Blade CP Pro 2 brushed motors; other than that, guys are now being forced into going brushless, which is how this heli should have come to begin with.
Are you V2 guys having lift problems? Many on other forums are complaining about this new heli not having enough lift. Nutt, have you tried other blades on this heli?
Back to top Go down
HBFP NL

HBFP NL

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:19 am

Donnie D wrote:
Best way to use the velcro strap in my opinion is to throw it in the trash can. Get you some new velcro with adhesive on the back, stick a piece on the batt, and a piece on the holder shelf. Then get a thick rubber band to back that up. That is what i use on my E-Smart and on my Belt CP V1 I just slip the batt into the holder and use a rubber band to hold it in. Never had a problem with either one.
Giddyup.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

I followed your advice and it works okee.
Thanks for the information!

Greetz from EU
Eric
Back to top Go down
HBFP NL

HBFP NL

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:07 am

Hello,

I have an other question. After practice on the sims I deceided to give realtime a try.

I real life the tail breaks out to the left while on the sims the tail seems to go to the right. After some reading online and visiting YouTube I really think that my tail likes to break out the opposite way. It loves to go clockwise instead of the other way around.

So my question is:
Which way does the tail break out normally?
1. To the left (clockwise)
2. To the right (counter clockwise)

Greetz
Eric
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:38 pm

The main blades of a helicopter spin clockwise. As a result the torque of the motor makes the frame of the heli spin in opposite direction, thus counter-clockwise.
While lifting off, the tail has the tendancy to swing to the right. Ones airborn, the gyro should be able to compensate.

Happy flying :prop:
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:34 am

I use the xtreme motor in my honeybee v1, but the 2.4ghz version, which has the same 2.4 4in1 as the V2 (ek2-0706) and havnt had any problems wuth it. but would be scared to try the extreme motor in the V2, with the 11.1v lipo.
I havnt actually got a V2 yet, and am weighing up the pros and cons. I would have to sell my V1 to get the V2.

What about trying the new CP3 370 supermotor in the V2 to get more grunt, without having to put the xtreme motor in?????
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:30 pm

Mozzy wrote:
The main blades of a helicopter spin clockwise. As a result the torque of the motor makes the frame of the heli spin in opposite direction, thus counter-clockwise.
While lifting off, the tail has the tendancy to swing to the right. Ones airborn, the gyro should be able to compensate.

Happy flying :prop:

The funny thing with mine, Mozzy, the rotor tend to go to the left... it took me a while to adjust the "compensate" button to align it.

Still it is not perfectly compensated, but it is more controlable now flyaway
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Bert wrote:
The funny thing with mine, Mozzy, the rotor tend to go to the left... it took me a while to adjust the "compensate" button to align it.

Still it is not perfectly compensated, but it is more controlable now flyaway

Maybe to further clarify, I was talking about the behaviour of the heli during take off.
Ones airborne, the tail should stay stable (more or less, the HBFP gyro is not great, but it gets the job done).
If the tail in turning to the right (seem from behind), the tail to head ratio is to low, so you need to increase the proportional setting on the 4in1.
If the tail in turning to the left, the tail to head ratio is to high, so you need to decrease the proportional setting on the 4in1.

While messing with the proportional settings, don't forget to unplug and reconnect the battery to make the 4in1 accept the new proportional settings old
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Thx man :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
mtrav

PostSubject: honey bee v2 upgrade   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Just got one of these honeybee v2 from xheli. It is a great heli. Very stable and durable.

Does anyone know if the cnc metal central hub upgrade made for the fp sold at miracle mart will also fit on the honeybee v2?

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2641

thanks
Back to top Go down
jerison

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 am

The HBFP V2 uses a 11.1v 800mah battery.. Can I use an 11.1v 1000mah or higher battery? Will it hurt the heli?
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 am

@ Jerison

See the discussion on the Biggest lipo in an HBFP in this thread.
Anyone tried something bigger than a 3S 1500 mAh Lipo on a HBFP? :prop:
Back to top Go down
donphobos

PostSubject: Battery compartment size   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello!

Right now I fly Lama v3 but as I progress with my piloting I consider HoneyBee v2 as a good candidate for next heli. I was wondering what is the size of battery compartment. Could you please measure for me the width and height?

On E-Sky homepage an extra battery (3S 11V 800 mAh) is almost 30 dollars, while at Hobbycity I can fetch one similar spec unit for less than 8 dollars.

I compared batteries.
E-Sky: 70x25x16 mm, 63 grams.
Turnigy: 57x29x21 mm, 75 grams.

Thank you for information.
Have a nice flight!

donphobos
Back to top Go down
HBFP NL

HBFP NL

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:33 am

Today I deceide to leave the trainingcross at home and it went so much better :grinn:

Much easier control in wind and gusts.

However a strong gust made the Bee go FF and down and know I have a small bend in my tailboom. It still flies okee.

My question:
As I also make kites I have a lot of quality tapered carbon tubes, also with the diameter of the HBFP V2 tailboom.

Can I use the carbon rods I have or is a new HBFP v2 tail boom the better option?
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:11 am

Hi all, I got my ney Honeybee V2, and have been preparing for flight, by doing all the things I did to my old one, one which included removing the flybar weights, as it makes it feel real sluggish.
But upon trying to remove them on the new V2, I have found that the paddles only go back on by screwing back onto the flybar, which doesn seem quite right!
It looks as though it will work, but are worried that the paddles can only now stay in place by how you tighten them/set them on the flybar.

Has anyone removed them yet? Does it fly fine without the weights?

Im very keen to get in the air with it, but want it set up right before I do!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 am

The paddles will be fine screwed on. That's the way they work on the Belt CP and the ESmart. Also it should fly fine with the flybar weights removed.

Donnie D ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 738623
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread   ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESky HoneyBee V2 Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next