RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE

Go down 
+4
meanbaby
4n6Days
blackrain0119
Fatdaddy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE Empty
PostSubject: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:15 pm

OK GUYS!!! Here I'm gonna use this thread to let you all follow my progress as I push my envolope!! Or comfort Zone!! I will mainly be using my Screamer 480, Which by any measure is a smokin heli!! All metal, scorpion 3000KV(head speed 2850approx.)
Hitec HS65, log.2100T/3100G Oh and 350mm blades. Since yesterday I've already started. Ande I'm way past anything you might have seen at the FF. I'm doin the back and forth in front of mysely as Serg. had us practice.. I'll try to also get some vids. up!!
Today is overcast pretty badly, some light wind.. One flight already using a 3S. I'll also be using mainly my 4S/2200 packs!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: 2 more!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Well two more Batterys down!!! Progressing nicely.. Gettin very hi and far across the field!! The weather is going down hill fast and the last flight was cut short by rain..
Its clearly true that fear of crashing a nice expancive heli has/will keep me inside my comfort zone!! While the Screamer is a smokin heli I have very little money in it. Also there are no parts to be had for it so I've almost written it off if I crash it hard!! And I'm not really worried bout it.. I hope to get some clear weather so I can get a flight with the Outrage in so I can see for myself how much diff. I fly!!
More to come!!!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:46 pm

That would be nice if you have a vid, so we can see your setup. By the way fd, do you fly on a stunt mode switch now? You'll be amaze how powerful these helis are. Make a vid so we can see your heli.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: mode   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Yes I sometimes fly in stunt 1 which I have set up like the F3C guys do.. I do know just how powerful the helis are. Just what exactly is it you would like to see??
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:24 pm

For the noob, can you describe what the FC3 setup idle-up is?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: F3c   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:36 pm

This set up is even pretty much like a standard hover except that you get throttle up sooner(head speed) and you have neg.pitch (4-5deg.) so you can pull it down in the wind.. Google F3C and check out the links you find on setup..
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:42 pm

remember to turn your body also, helps me tons

but flying the airplane help lots more on oriantation

-pete
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: body pos.   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Yea baby I've always done that, but I don't need to as much as I used to.. Much better today!!!
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:48 pm

grats Daddio!!!!!!!!!!

bout time you put back your balls where they belong orange71
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: My Balls   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:50 pm

Now BallBaby I thought you were gonna leave my balls alone???
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:21 pm

hahahahah
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Yo FD I just wanted to see how your heli looks like. And How she fly orange68
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:57 pm

The FATDADDY FLY IN. ??? This would be nice. orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Fly In   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:03 pm

Yes, I will once again be hosting a fly in... FATDADDY'S FLY IN will be AUG. 29 & 30
More details and info to come!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Photo's   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:04 pm

I will take some pix tonight and post them.. They will not be in flight!! They will be on pool table!!!@
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:16 pm

cool thanks !
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:41 pm

heres one of FD's bird, my favorite one!

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE Cimg0692
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ME I Think!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:08 pm

I think this might be my fav. also!!! I need to fly it more but it is a sweet thing!!! It has so much power it is not funny!!! It really rips... I've been trying all day to fly it with no luck! The wind just won't let up and now darkness is setting in..I guess I'll do it tomorrow!! That is when I'll be able to tell bout my balls being back!!!LOL I really,really ,really don't want to crash it!!!!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:53 pm

that is a very nice helicopter. Is that 500 size? And Also, where did you get the kit, motor, servo and batt for that? Just curious how much total you spent, Maybe i'll make one like that. thanks Pete for the PIcs! yo FD, Please tell me how much you spent on that heli...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: G5   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:08 pm

Its a 450 class!!! It uses 350 blades so it is a "streached 450" And it ain't cheap!! I'll have to add up what I got in it but I can tell you that it is the most expancive kit that I've bought, AND it needed the most assembely of all them too!!! But I really liked that!!! As far as detail and the engineering
the lay out and everything about it, its the only Hi voltage 450 there is, it uses 6S/1300 It is head and shoulders above all the others!! About the most powerful too!!! size for size!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 pm

wow. it's nice , but pricey$$$$
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: $$$$$$$$$$$$$   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Yes very, very pricey. Kit was 400.00 but I think worth it!!! I like to just look at it sittin there!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm

you are right FD. I just checked one at helidirect and they are pricey, but its a good helicopter. ill save some money for that.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: store   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 pm

I got miune from RCSuperstore and they just drop ship from HeliDirect anyway!! The guy told me that it didn't come with a motor so I ordered a scorpion but when I opened it there was the Outrage 1700!!! Thats even the "Hot" Outrage motor!!! I used HiTec's
Logitec 2100T/3100G, HobbyWing 40A, yes thats right 40!!!Even with the 6S/1300
And I think its real;ly Sweet!!! It is sooooo smooth, not a vibration anywhere!!! Lots of adj. From beginner to expert!!!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:14 pm

Sweet! Hopefullt you can post some vid on it, and see how she looks like. I bet she looks very sexy huh! orange68
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OH YEA!!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Oh Yes VERY SEXY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 pm

OK, you two are startin to freak me out.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:55 pm

Hey! There's me in the background!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:22 am

lol Donnie D!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DAY 2!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:55 pm

GROWING BALLS!!! Today, weather is sorta hot with a light breeze. Started with the Screamer, 2 Batterys 4S picked up from yesterday. Flying hi and far! Mostly in control it is really a rush to really fly as compared to hoovering with motion!! Decided to get in a flight with the G5(I've been dieing to) CLEARLY a big diff. in caliber of heli and a big diff. in the size of my balls. I find my heard pounding as it sipns up, there is one point that the G5 has a vib. thru the skids and it jumps around a bit. Its only a short bit and passes quickly but puts a start in me none the less. Onec in the air it is imeaditly clear that this is in a class way above the Screamer!! It is soooo smooth and quiet. the power in almost unbelieveable the 6S delivers quite a punch. I find I'm being very careful and not zooming around like I have been with the Screamer, it almost seems like the wind has picked up justr cause I'm flying it. I check the gyro hold by punch-out and the tail kicks a little so I land and adj. up be 2, much better holds perfect!!! I love the logitech!!! Ok I'm goin back out more flights with both!!! The "E" goes up soon!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: