RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE

Go down 
+4
meanbaby
4n6Days
blackrain0119
Fatdaddy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:35 pm

FD, I havnt heard you mention much about head speed. On your 450 size helis
the more the head speed the more stable it is. When it comes to flips or rolls it
seems to me that the higher the head speed the more it will act like a bigger
heli. From what the other guys are say'n you must be making a lot of improvement.

Also fly'n in the wind is good for your skills. Almost never calm here.
Just think after all that wind when you get a calm day its a treat.

Just my opinion but if you practice FF rolls it will progress your skills faster.
With the forward momentum it will help you keep the heli. moving.

While in a straight FF if your heli is setup fast enough you can do it without
using neg. pitch.

Good luck and keep fly'n......
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Make sure you're in idle-up mode when you loop or flip it.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Yo Fatdaddy, like what meanbaby said, no guts no glory. Sometimes we have to break the ice. As long as you know your heli orientation, you will have no problem trying your loops and flips. But you know what? You have progressed very well,, and it gets better everytime you fly. Trust me everything will come in your hand and the next time you know, you're already hovering inverted lol! Anyway I'm glad that you can fly. My suggestion, just keep flying and if its the right time to do your loop and flip, do it!!!!! You have really nothing to worry about, you can fix your helis with your eyes close. So do it!!!! I know you can, it's just a matter of pushing you to do it. Fly high and do a loop, just make sure you're in 3d mode , atleast when your flying high, you can recover it right away. Good luck bro. And keep us updated. By the way I just received my 40 amp esc, works great with my trex motor and running 14t on my 450. And Wow!!! What a head speed. And locking my stunt mode 97 percent throttle! Amazing speed! Good luck
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: AHHHH   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Ok boys here is the deal.... Head speed.... Screamer 480 with 3S is about 2450 and with 4S(mostly used) is 3270!! Keep in mind that this is at 100% throttle.. And just cause I'm tempted... doesn't mean I'm gonna!!!Yet...I think..
Idle up... I fly mostly all the time with a set up I saw on a F3C set up site and it is like
30@0 stk. 42.5 @25%stk. 67.5@50%stk. 82.5@75%stk 100@full stk. for pitch...
Throttle is o@o 60@25%stk 75@50%stk 85@75%stk 100@100...
I've been using curves like this for a long time and almost always use it.. This is my Idle 1 Idle2 is STD. and I don't use that and hoover in a std curve too.
I started using something like this so I can pull the heli down out of the wind..
It works really really good for me and I love using it.. All my helis are set like this in Idle 1 not all are exactly the same but all are very close!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WOOOHOOO!!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Well I did IT!!!!!! I know I should not be so excited cause I've flown, well like the others kinda hoovered.. But after the last crash I lost it... it being something I'm not sure what!! Anyway I flew the big beast today!!! Really flew it,, Yea,, stall turns at the end of the run back and forth.. sorta stall turns, sloppy ones. I FLEW out around the field!! Fig. 8's up hi.. down low!! back and forth as I said !!!!All in lots of wind!!!!!
Much more to come!!!! I took one vid. myself of it spinning up so you all could the smooth spin up!!! I'll get that up later..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: