RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE

Go down 
+4
meanbaby
4n6Days
blackrain0119
Fatdaddy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Day 2   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Lots of flights today!!!!! NO crashes and I'm pushing my limit!!! No problem zip zooming around with the Screamer but I'm a little restrained with the G5 for sure... To wundy
had to stop gonna try the "E" now!!! Full report later with pix, I took a bunch today so I'll post toniught!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Sounds great FD. You inspired me to push the ole envelope a bit myself with my Belt CP when I got home from work today. Couldn't do much because of limited space, but this weekend I'm gonna fly at my church where there's plenty of room.

You and I both really owe our bit of bravery to the three muskateers from New York. Thanks for pushing guys.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Last flight!!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Well flew the "E"!!! Only one Battery cause I lost sun light, wouldn't have mattered the ole ball shrunk right up when the "E" was in the air!!! I did fly it around out in the field and maybe the dimming light didn't hepl but without a doubt there is deff. some fear with flying it..Man this thing is AWESOME!!! I really think IU just need to keep flying it and I will get used to the size and power and I'm not sure what else. But clearly I need work with it!!!
I'll try now to do the photo bucket thing and get some pix up!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:44 pm

You were probably wise to be extra carefull when the light gets low. Low light will affect your depth perception, especially in older eyes like ours.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: EYEs   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:04 pm

I know!! I really can tell I don't see as well as I'm used to!! I often find that I'm having trouble telling the exact position of the heli. with 3+axes? I often need to swing tyhe tail in just so I can gain perspective of the heli, even being so much bigger really doesn't seem to help to much!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DAY 3!!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:26 am

Just finnished my second flight of the morning with the Screamer and WOW!!! If I must say so mysely!!!! I'm FREAKIN gettin pretty good!!!!!!! And I'm havin sooooo much fun!!!! I'm flying so hi and far and fast I really can't believe its taken me so long!!! All I had to do was GO FOR IT!!!!! Thanks Loud Baby and co.!!!! I went for the vid. cam to make Alex shoot a flight and its dead!!! I'm charging it now!!!
This is gonna be a ESmart day too I hope!!!
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:11 pm

nice going F Daddy!!

list to all things that fly episode 63

a heli instructor gives newbies tips on how to train yourself

http://www.allthingsthatfly.com/

very good podcast, the instuctor starts about 14 min into cast

-pete
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WIND!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Well the wind has picked up to gale force!!! I tryed the Screamer anyway and it was a mistake!!! About 5 sec. into the flight the wind got under the rotor and the next thing I knew my heli was goin out of sight!!! The highest it has ever been!!! I thought OH SH%%t but I managed to slowly rock it back down, I could not believe that it climbed so quickly!!! OR that I recovered it without a crash!!! So... I've got the EXI on the table and I'm gonna fly in the wind!!! Or try to!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DAY 3 of GROWING BALLS!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:45 pm

The day starts overcast with a very light breeze. I brought the EXI up last night so I wouldn't have to do the step so early to get it.. Just finnished the 2nd battery. The first was a little intimadating but I justr took it easy and flew it back and forth! Got used to it pretty quick.. Much heavier than the 480 and drops really fast when I lower the throttle, gave me a little scare!! But this thing has got some power!! Must be the Scorpion's. Got lots to do today so I will fly when I get a sec. 1 More battery charged up and ready to go!!! I'm gettin 12-14 min. with the 3000 and 10-12 with 2500!! Almost too long. Can't get anybody to shoot a vid. Alex promises tomorrow she will, no work!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DAM   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 pm

I couldn't wait any longer and took the HBK2 out, even though it was windy.... Well i flew the king right into the pine tree!!!! No crach damage but it stripped a bolt in the head??? I guess it was a good thing, could have come out in flight and that really would have been a pisser!!!! So I'll replace the peice tonight and try again!!!! I almost forgot how the KING Really SCREAMS!!!!!
Flew the Screamer 480 and I love flying!!!
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:51 pm

NO GUTS NO GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!

or was it

NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!

orange72

-pete
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OH YEA!!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Either way the point remains the same!!!! I'm waitin all freakin day for the gfale force winds to die down and they finally did, and I find that I've left my TX on all day!!!! Now I got a dead batt!!! So baby where did you get that one you have and what is it??
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DAY 4 WILD THING!!!! HBK2   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:29 am

Been dieing to fly thbe king!!! Very little wing this AM so up up and away!!!!
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:35 am

no wind this morning @ 6:30 am so me and sergey went to park to fly for a hour aand half before heading out to work :)

-pete
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: HBK2 !!!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:18 am

WOW!!!!! I forgot just how wild a HBK2 is!!!! Went thru 2 batterys quickly just tuning the King. This is, by FAR the hardest Heli I have to tune and keep tuned(blade trackin mainly) I forgot just how FAST this little gem is and how quick!!!! But its gonna be a blast!!!!!
[img]FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0001-4[/img]
[img]FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0002-4[/img]
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0003-3
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0004-4

AIN'T THE KING SWEET!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 am

WOOOHOOO!!!! MAN I LOVE MY G5!!!!! It is without a doubt THE nicest heli in my fleet bar none!!!! This thing has soooo much power its unreal!!!! Must be the 22.2 volts!! Easy 10+ min. of flight and nothin is gettin hot, its even cooler now that I'm flying it around, air flow I guess. Well I'm gonna fly another pack or two then its the EXI500!!! I may get really brave today and fly the "E" No, I mean FLY it!!!
Check this out boyz!!!
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0001-5
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0002-5
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0003-4
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0004-5
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0005-2
SEXY THING!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: "E" canopy   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:13 am

By the way ESmary pilots!! Below is the FiberGlass, prepainted canopy that I now have in stock! It comes in two colors, the one you see and the other is Orange/yellow/ other shadesof both sorta thing.. I'll post a pix of that one too if anybody would like..40 +shipping!!

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 DSCF0016-2
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Flying!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Well guys I've been flying my Butt off this morning!!!! This is GREAT!!! The wind has picked up quite a bit so I've brought the G5 in and the HBK2 also!! I also brought it the EXI500, not because of the wind but because the tail drive is making some noise when loaded up! Since the time the tail rotor touched down there has been a growing click under load and its pretty today and I really don't want to loose the tail while in flight, so I will rebuild the front dri9ve gears tonight.. Got a couple vids!!! I'll try to get thgem up here now. There not long as they were taken with my fuji. Quility's not real good either but you can see something I think.
I'm gonna keep flying the Screamer even in the wind, I've got that Idle 1 set up with some Neg. pitch so I can pull it down out of the wind... What a diff. that makes!!! Even not worrying about the wind taking off with the heli and having to get it back down from 100 feet, just pull down on the throttle and it flys right on down right thru the gusts!!!! I LOVE my DX7.. I guess I will fly the "E" today too!!!!
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 Th_DSCF0004-6
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 Th_DSCF0005-3
FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 Th_DSCF0006-2
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:34 pm

holy crap!!!!!!!!!

you made a 10000000000000000% improvement since we was there!!!

great work Fdaddy!!!!!!!!!

hats of to ya!'
............i ment shirt orange68

-pete
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Yo FD that outrage you got looks very nice!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:08 pm

HOLY SH!T, you can fly now orange74 orange74 orange74 orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Yea you freakin right!!!! Like I said I'm havin soooooo much fun I almost can't stand it!!! Lots of it has just come together for me!!! I still really need to get it together with my nose in stuff!!! But I'll get that too!! Side in,well still needs work too.. I'm not the prettyest flights yet but it is what it is!!!!
And thank you very much BRain,!! I really love my G5 too it is a mean mother!!!
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Wow fatdaddy ! Congratulations, That's quite an accomplishment. That looks like a good forward flight.

Sergey.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Thanks to all you!!!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:01 pm

I really thank all you guys who have wished me good flights!!! AND all you bozo's who had the nerve to question my balls!!!! Without that I just might not have pulled this out!!! I knew I could do it, I knew how the controls work and what is susposed to happen when, I just needed the push to do it!! And you guys gave it to me...

So today, I flew like a wildman!!!! Even with the wind!! It has been fairly windy since bout noon but I've continued to rip the sky today!!! I've drained more batterys today than I ever have!! I went thru my 4S packs and started in on the 3S, the Screamer flys great with 3S also, 4 gives it ungodly power and long flights cause you don't need to squeeze it very hard to go... I've got everything set up on Idle up 1 using that F3C curve I found on somebodys site and it works super in the wind!!! No more fighting with the gusts takin the heli up, up ,up and almost gone, You just pull the stick back/down(whatever you want to call it) and that baby comes right to you!!!!
GOD I LOVE THIS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OK PILOTS.....Day 5 (I think)   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am

Today is "E" Smart day!!! Weather is some cloudy light wind, FREAKIN HOT and Humid
IT SUCKS!!!!! But its always a good to fly!!!!
Last week I would not even thought of flying in the light breeze of today but I would even fly the small heli's now!!!! This is sooo cool!!!
I put up some pix soon!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:28 pm

hey, just be happy cause its raining like hell up here, lol
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: wind   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:07 pm

The wind today is wild!!!! I flew the Screamer for bout 2min. then thought how crazy I'm and landed!!!LOL Anyway I'm hoping to get the "E" airborne this afternoon!!!
Fingers crossed!!! they are callin for rain this afternoon too!!! All week like this 90' and T. storms in PM..
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: SAT. AUG.!   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:04 pm

OK boys... I'm in trouble!!! Done nothin all day but FLY!!! Old lady is ready to kiil me!!!!
I've been rippin the sky with the Screamer!!! Man its sooo cool to actually fly!!!
AND I've been flyin the 500 also!! Balls are really growing with it too!!!!WOOOHOOO
Its really diff. from flying the 480!!! Heavy a little slower too... But awesome power!!!!
I'm still being really careful with it but I'm starting to loosen upp a bunch!!! I'll try to get a vid. of it in flight ASAP!!!
Till later, I gotta go do some stuff for her so I can live to fly another day!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DAY ???????   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:19 pm

OK Boys, Today IS the day!!!!! ESMART!!!! I'm not sure how many days ago I started this thread but it seems like forever!!! I've been flying everyday!!! And a lot, even in the wind!!! Sometimes way too much wind!!! I've been flying hard, well hard for me..
Mostly the Screamer 480, That heli rips!!! Man it is fast and might just be as powerful as any I've got.. When running the 4S packs its almost too much power!! But that power really has saved my censored more than once or the helis!! I'm sooooo tempted to flip or loop it I gotta show control!!!! When I get to the top of a stall turn it just wants to goooo, and it seems that if I just woop the power to it .....Well thats the problem I ain't sure what will happen!!!!LOL Anyway I've gone thru lots of battery packs in the last 2 weeks I can't even guess... I've been flying everything except the "E"!!!! Yes I'm still mostly ballless when it comes to it... AND I know all its gonna take is for me to just do it a couple time just like with the others... So today is the day!!!! Alex isd home today and I'll try to get some vids!!! Later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE   FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FEAR FACTOR/COMFORT ZONE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: