RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4n6Days

4n6Days

Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem Empty
PostSubject: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:00 pm

Today I flew my EXI 450 (with the power system from a Belt CP V2 2.4ghz - including the stock tx/rx).

When I was bringing it in just as I was about to land, the heli spun 3 full turns with no rudder stick input. It stopped spinning and after I peed my pants (jk), I safely landed it.
On the ground, the tail servo continued to twitch wildly. No elevator/aleron servo movement though.

At first I thought it was a radio glitch, but the more I thought about it, I remembered that the tail servo was being a little crazy when I was setting it up at Fatdaddys. So, I'm wondering why it's just the tail and not the throttle/pitch or cyclic. could my gyro be causing this?

Fatdaddy - is this what happened to your ESmart on Saturday night at the FunFly? Was it the gyro?

What should I do? Has anyone else with the Belt 2.4ghz system experienced any glitching?

It makes me really nervous to fly this thing with this issue. I was going to try a few circuits today, cause I've been getting pretty good in the sim. Glad I didn't. An unexpected pirouette in the middle of a turn would definately cause some problems
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: spin   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:06 pm

No my issue with the "E" was the REC. battery being pretty much dead!!
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:32 pm

if you have extra servo, swap it and see what happens on the tail

or 1 other servo is drawing too much power and glitching the servos

or a broken servo wire bleeding out to other servos,

lots of things can be wrong, but sound like a servo is mess up and making rest of servo acting up

also if you redid your wiring, remember what i taught you about esc/bec wires CANNOT cross/touch rest of radio system! it will cause glitches and since you have 2.4, a choke will not work to help eliminate glitchs(ferite ring) cuz it only helps 72 radios :(

-pete
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Here are some other details that might help.

This is a new heli. It's only been run through 6 batteries since it was new. The twitching isn't all the time. Today I plugged it in and let it sit for 5 mins, and it was fine. I suppose that something could be dirty inside the tx, but it works perfectly aside from the two time's I've esperienced this twithing. The first time I noticed it was when I was setting it up, and the second time was yesterday. When it was twitching I wasn't giving it any rudder input.

I looked over the gyro and tail servo wires and I don't see any nics in the insulation. The wire from the ESC to the rx doesn't come near any other wires.

Is it possible for a 2.4ghz system to get interference only on one channel?
Is is possible for a bad servo to be twitchy? What would be a good replacement?
If it doesn't twich all the time, how should I go about trying to fix it?

I did think of one other thing. It seems - though I'm not entirely sure - that once it starts twitching, it doesn't stop untill the battery is disconnected. That seems to point to an rx, gyro, or interference issue, right?

I'm saving my pennies for a DX7, btw. :-D
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 3:59 pm

dirty joystick pots?

how old and used is your tx?

try spray wd40 into the rudder pots with the straw, dont overdo it

just some into the big round metal pot , u need to remove back cover to get to it, if that helps then you now it is tx

-pete
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Twitchy   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:43 pm

I had a similar thing once before while using the Esky gyro. I removed it and the servo and went with the log. and never had it happen again. Donnie D. now has that gyro on hie Balt so I'm not sure if he is having any problems with it.. If he is not I'd say it was the servo and that very well may be your problem too.. You there DD??? Any problems with that gyro I gave you????
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 6:10 pm

So far so good. Doesn't hold quite as good as the Telebee, but I'm happy with it. Just have to tap the trim once in awhile. Took it out to my church this morning and had my best flights yet. Got a bit more distance and altitude and also more speed than I have in the past. Just trying to kick it up a notch without going too crazy.

Yeah, I got rid of all the Esky servos awhile back. Had a couple just die on me and actually caused me a crash. I use Tower Pro SG 90"s now. Like them fine.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:10 pm

So here's where I'm at:

I powered up the tx and the heli tonight and poked and prodded around the gyro/tail servo wires to make sure it wasn't a short and played around with the rudder stick on the tx and couldn't get it to act weird tonight. It seemed perfectly normal.

I don't think it's the rudder pot on the tx. It seems like if that was the problem it would show some other symptoms when I'm playing around with it.

I don't think it's radio interference, because it's only the tail servo that's affected.

That leaves the gyro and the tail servo.

Since I've heard of others having problems with the esky gyro, I think I'm going to start by replacing that and the tail servo.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:56 am

I would recommend the telebee. I had that problem before.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:52 am

That seems like the way to go. I have the Telebee v2 on my E-Smart and I like it. I have the Esky gyro that FD gave me at the funfly and so far so good, but I use SG 90 servos.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Powered it up toady, not tail twitching.... lifted off the ground and it started spinning.... ***CRASH***

two servos, main gear, flybar.... not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: !!!!   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:59 pm

Dude!!! What did you do leap the thing 6feet up??
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:35 pm

It didn't start spinning until it was 3ft up. I didn't hit hard, but since there were some friends around and it was windy, I had get it out of the air before it started going towards someone... better safe that sorry.

Main shaft & flybar bent, main gear stripped, and both aileron servos broke (esky - lucky they made it through the last crash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem   Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt CP V2 2.4ghz gyro problem
Page 1 of 1