RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

A bit of radio glitching, anyone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

A bit of radio glitching, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: A bit of radio glitching, anyone?   A bit of radio glitching, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:18 am

Let me give a quick history of my Belt CP and it's glitching problems. I think I may have found the problem. smiley-happy088 My question for you all is at the end.

Received Belt CP a bit over a month ago. excited

Put Belt on test stand to check set up and spool it up. Noticed some very bad glitching right away. Lucky it was strapped down. censored

Fiddled with anything I could think of for awhile and glitching stopped. bouncy

Next day 1st flight went perfectly, no glitching. smiley-happy057

Next day 2nd flight, glitching came back with a vengance, and caused a minor crash that I later learned bent the feathering shaft slightly. kane Again fiddled with whatever i could think of including reseating the crystals. Glitching stopped.

Next 11 flights go flawlessly with no glitching. smiley-happy057

Replaced feathering shaft. macguyver

Next flight glitching was so bad, had to stop flying, but luckily no damage. atomic

Again reseated crystals and glitching stopped.

next 18 flights, no glitching, but on last flight had minor crash. This time my fault. Damaged a couple of parts.

Tonight made repairs and strapped Belt to test stand and the glitching was bad again. This time reseating the crystals didn't help, so I replaced them with a spare set that I had and glitching stopped immediately.

I'm now fairly sure the problem was with the crystals all along. 2cents

This is a stock Belt CP with the stock transmitter.

(((Has anyone else out there had a similar experience??)))

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: A bit of radio glitching, anyone?   A bit of radio glitching, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:29 am

oh yeah, "Glitch" was my old Belt CP's name :nudgewink: , that was all it ever did untill I moved the antenna and used an antenna pipe to hold it, then my glitching went away and I was finally able to fly it lolol
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: A bit of radio glitching, anyone?   A bit of radio glitching, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am

Yeah, the antenna rerouting was one of the things I tried earlier on. I rerouted it a couple of times and when I installed the Super Skids, they came with a pipe. I routed it through the pipe the way I saw you do it in one of your videos somewhere. I don't think that had anything to do with my problem though. I'm pretty sure mine was the crystals because when I changed them last night the glitch went completely away immediately, or at least it appears to have. I guess I'll find out over the next few flights. I was thinking I saw where you had a crystal problem on one of your copters in a video somewhere. smiley-happy088

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: A bit of radio glitching, anyone?   A bit of radio glitching, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:54 am

that would be my Blazing Star, it seems Exceed Products are very touchy when it comes to their crystals, they have to be in a certain way to work right, my Exceed Sunfire buggy had the same crystal issues as my Blazing Star, but I got them both worked out, they fly/drive great now :smiley-happy03
Back to top Go down
eskyfreak

eskyfreak

PostSubject: glitching caused by cracked crystals   A bit of radio glitching, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 5:28 pm

glitching can come from the antenna picking up signals from the esc or it could be a cracked crystal in the reciever/transmitter. i had the same problem and when i checked the crystals, both of them were cracked. i bought replacements and my belt cp has had no glitching problems since. i dont know if it was a manufacturer error or my fault. i didnt think they were that easy to crack.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: A bit of radio glitching, anyone?   A bit of radio glitching, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:14 pm

eskyfreak wrote:
glitching can come from the antenna picking up signals from the esc or it could be a cracked crystal in the reciever/transmitter. i had the same problem and when i checked the crystals, both of them were cracked. i bought replacements and my belt cp has had no glitching problems since. i dont know if it was a manufacturer error or my fault. i didnt think they were that easy to crack.

When you say the crystal was cracked, do you mean a physical crack that you can see on the surface. thinking I didn't really look that closely at the crystals that I removed, but since I replaced them I havn't had any more glitching.

Thanks
Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A bit of radio glitching, anyone?   A bit of radio glitching, anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bit of radio glitching, anyone?
Page 1 of 1