RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

wobbling tail

Go down 
+3
suriano
flagmax
eltoffer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:02 am

ok i have a problem with my tail i have adjusted it with HH OFF and it stays at the same point but if i turn ON HH my tail stars to wobble to right-left i have decrease the gain gyro on the TX but no success

what should be the problem????
Back to top Go down
flagmax

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:45 am

You didn't say what heli this is or what gyro. So if its esky HH gyro, try to turn delay pot on gyro all the way to zero/left. Also the belt might be loose.
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:47 am

i got a belt co v2 with stock gyro i have never touch the setting gyro (limit, delay) just gain on the TX (that is also the stock tx)
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:42 am

What position is your ball on the servo horn for rudder?

You might have to move it closer to the servo. If not it is something
with the gain being to high,usually.
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:27 pm

what ball????? :S

my gain is almost at 10% (moreless) so it is not the reason for that issue
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:04 pm

In short: Try to screw tail linkage lower on the servo And in what delay gyro is set?
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:32 pm

ohhhh that ball :hahaha:

well first let me tell you i have changed all my servos for the imitation of the sg90, and after that i got this issue

my servo arms has 4 holes and its on the second one nearby to the servo (the shortest is the just down mine)

my delay is at the middle

wobbling tail Dsc02084w

this is my heli

Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Look on your old rudder servo horn were the ball was atached and make sure the new servo horn ball is in the same position. Did you change anything other than the servos? Tail blades? New servo digital?
Increase delay maybe and see what happens. I always seem to be able to run on 0 delay but I always
run a digital servo for the rudder.
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:26 pm

i only changed the tail rotor and i think my servo is digital, i screw the ball at lower position to reduce the sensibility for ALL servos, including the tail one but why this could be the reason????

im afraid of moving the delay on gyro
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:39 pm

The reason would be because the servo is faster/slower than old one.

Also changing the size of the tail blades will change the authority as well.

Changing the delay setting is for analog servos mainly. If you have a digital
rudder servo, delay should be set at 0 and then change the gain.

Make sure of what the servo is i.e. digital. If it is digital delay should be at 0.
Then we can go from there on the gain or servo horn hole adjustment.
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:45 pm

ok as i mentioned i screw the balls at a lower pos because the servos feels stronger and faster so i think it would reduce the"sensibility" and it works :P

im almost sure this servos are digital as the esky ones my blades are the same
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:58 pm

So does that mean it works now?
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:01 pm

i meaning the sensibility but the wobbling issue is still there :S
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:10 pm

I think you should turn your delay to 0 and see what happens. It sound out
of wack to me to have such high delay and low gain. I am wondering, should
it be the other way around?
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:52 pm

your gain is very high. try adjusting the pot to 1 o'clock.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 pm

eltoffer wrote:
ok i have a problem with my tail i have adjusted it with HH OFF and it stays at the same point but if i turn ON HH my tail stars to wobble to right-left i have decrease the gain gyro on the TX but no success

what should be the problem????

He said he decreased the gain on the TX.

What do you mean Black?
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:57 pm

I think I am missing something?

What does 10% gain refer too?
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 am

I just thought that if the gain on the esky 0704b is high ion the pot, try decreasing it bout 1-2 o clock position, as far as i know,base on the video, the tail is locked to tight. So to solve this, decrease the gain.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am

My thought too was high gain. But the delay is high for a digital servo isnt it?
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:20 am

could be the delay also, but definitely high gain.
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:33 am

this is my gain

wobbling tail Dsc02115y

and this is my gyro

wobbling tail Dsc02118w

with this values i get the same issue but is less, if i reduce the gain on TX the heli turns to left or right very very easily becoming uncontrollable to fly

what els could be :S please help

Last edited by eltoffer on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:39 am

And you won the prize for the largest photo ever posted.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:44 am

Donnie D wrote:
And you won the prize for the largest photo ever posted.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

sorry i fixed it orange74
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:46 am

Sorry, but you kind of walked into that one. (Hey, how about fix it back.)

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:49 am

????? i didnt understand you orange73
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:51 am

I liked the picture better when it was BIG. Before you fixed it. :prop:

Donnie D smiley-happy088

By the way, I wish I could help, but I've got the Belt CP V1 with the stock rate gyro and using DX6i Tx.

Last edited by Donnie D on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:54 am

rofl hahahahaha so what do you think about this censored issue???
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:02 am

I think you missed my last post.

I said I wish I could help, but I have the Belt CP V 1 with the stock rate gyro and I use the DX6i Tx. Only HH gyro I've ever set up is the Telebee on my E-Smart and I set that up with the DX6i.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:22 am

based on your picture, you are not in HH mode. you are actually in rate mode. less than 50 % on the tx is rate mode and 50 and above is HH mode. try putting your delay in the middle, then turn you r Tx to about 3 o'clock position. Your light of your gyro should stay solid red , this indicates that you are in HH mode. try doing that, if it still wags, try putting it a 2 o clock pposition
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:38 am

nop no success even at 2 o'clock the wobbling is more faster i give up orange4 maybe is due to servo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wobbling tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wobbling tail
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next