RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

wobbling tail

Go down 
+3
suriano
flagmax
eltoffer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

wobbling tail - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:40 am

did the gyro red light stay red? if it did,just keep lowering your tx gain until 55 percent till it stays solid.
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 am

yes it is, even at the position as shows the picture stays in red but the wobbling is still present
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:48 am

ok try this, set your delay at 25 percent, then set your tx at 3or 2 oclock position, low it down till the wag stops.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:42 pm

I too have never really had to mess with the gyro settings, just that knob on the Tx. But I gotta say I'd just get rid of the ESky gyro and get a Telebee, too many people have probs with this newer design Tx with a gain knob on the top, where as a telebee gyro would just work.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:21 pm

I think your problem is delay. Try lovering it on gyro (put it lower than in 50%) Or just put it on 0. And blackrain on belt cp v2 using less than 50% gain won't put you into rate mode. For me at 50% tail is waging. So I use ~40% gain and it holds very well :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:39 pm

i agree Marc! Just get a telebee, Works great!. P3 you're right, lower the delay until it's solid
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Lower the delay you say. Didnt I say that about 20 post ago.
If that works I want some credit. :giggle: But only if it works...
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 pm

Higher delay slows down your servo. So it will fight the gyro if its to high....
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:56 am

I don't know if this is going to help but this is what I learned today.

I replaced my blades on belt CP v2 with some cheap 325 mm woodies that I got at hobby king.

I got them tracking perfectly on the bench but as I started hovering I noticed the tail wobbling up and down. Not like side to side you get from gyro.

To fix it all I had to do is turn the pitch knob to about 10 o'clock.

My guess here is the extra 10 mm added more lift at lower RPM and some how was being affect by tail rotor up wash. By decreasing pitch I increased the RPM.

I see you are using different blades so wonder what you are experiencing is what happened to me today.

Anyone want to comment why longer blades made the tail wobble up and down?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:53 am

are you sure the blades were balanced? I use 325mm's on my Belt CP V2 with no probs. But turning the pitch knob all the way up does give the blades more pitch at lower RPM's but it also makes the motor work harder which isn't always good.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:59 am

I balanced the blades so there is some other reason it does up and down wobble.

I don't want to hiJack this thread so I will make my own with more background info and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wobbling tail   wobbling tail - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wobbling tail
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2