RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Good helicopter to build?

Go down 
+2
blackrain0119
shooms
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shooms

shooms

Good helicopter to build? Empty
PostSubject: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:15 pm

I am looking for helicopter to build. I want something that is fairly inexpensive and i am not sure what is right for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:14 pm

I would suggest the EXI 450. You can get it for 39 bucks at xheli and for 10 bucks more, you'll get one with cnc rotor head. Parts wise are easy to find, and they come 90 percent assembled. All you really need to put, are the electronics. The motor is only 17 bucks plus your battery and the esc. Get the 40amp esc at hobbypartz and also the sg90 servo I believe is 4bucks each. You will need 4 of them. Also for the gyro, I would recommend getting the telebee. Other than that, you should be good to go. Goodluck.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:17 pm

shooms wrote:
I am looking for helicopter to build. I want something that is fairly inexpensive and i am not sure what is right for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What kind of experience do you have in this hobby so far? Like have you flown yet, is this your first heli, etc. It'll help to steer you in the right direction.

But the EXI is really easy to build, the E-Smart is much more of a kit and then theres stuff like the Century Swift 550 that comes completely disassembled
Back to top Go down
shooms

shooms

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:04 pm

I have had a 3 channel co-axial micro helicopter and i got a honey bee fp not to long ago. This will be my first build so i dont want to get in over my head. Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
shooms

shooms

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:04 pm

also how do you get the cool signatures?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:07 pm

the EXI sound perfect for you then, enough of its built so it won't overwhelm you and it'll give you great experience setting CP's up.

As far as the signature, just let me know, what heli, color background and style script,
you can find all the examples here

https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/general-chat-new-members-start-here-f21/custom-forum-signatures-t821.htm
Back to top Go down
shooms

shooms

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Can i got the honey bee fixed pitch with a blue backround? Thanks so much you have been so helpful i love your videos and your forum!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:49 pm

I agree with the guys....The EXI450 is a great starter.........Fly the crap out of mine.
Back to top Go down
Beachcomber

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm presently building a CopterX 450 and am very happy with the quality. Both the CopterX 450 and the EXI 450 are clones (copies) made in China, of the T-Rex 450 made in Taiwan by Align. Most parts are interchangeable, as long as you stay with the same version. And since the T-Rex is very popular, parts for it or one of the clones are very easy to find.

Just realize that you'll need to separately buy and install Brushless Motor, Speed Control (ESC), Servos, Gyro, Battery and Radio. And you'll need to level the swashplate and set up the head parts properly. It's not as intimidating as it sounds, especially with the help of heli forums like this one.

Of course nothing substitutes for a friend at the local flying field that can help you.

IMO, the 450 is a good size of heli, large enough to be relatively stable, but small enough to be able to fly at a local ball park if a flying field is too far away.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 pm

shooms wrote:
Can i got the honey bee fixed pitch with a blue backround? Thanks so much you have been so helpful i love your videos and your forum!

Good helicopter to build? 72-shooms
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: BUILDS!!   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:31 pm

Sounds like the EXI is the way to go!!! The EXI 500 is also pretty ,well med. hard cause there is nO manual with it, had to get a copy of the TREX 500!!!
STAY AWAY from the OUTRAGE G5 until you have many builds under your belt!!! It is by far the most involved I've done!!!! NOTHING is assembled for you AT ALL!!! NOTHIN!!!! It was fun though and totally worth it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good helicopter to build?   Good helicopter to build? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good helicopter to build?
Page 1 of 1