RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter

Go down 
+2
P3tras
Nuttcaze
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter Empty
PostSubject: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:52 am

I just figured I'd throw out my 2cents on what I feel is the best heli for someone's

"First" 6ch Collective pitch heli orange71

Now most people know how much of a fan I am of the EXI 450 Squadron. But for those looking for their "FIRST" CP heli, they should get the E_Sky Belt CP (or HBK V2/V3 if you don't have the room for a 450 size heli) because it comes with everything you need where as the BlueRay (RTF version of the EXI 450) doesn't come with a charger (which just gives you one more thing to buy).

The E_Sky Belt CP's and HoneyBee king's are great because they're fairly cheap to fix and don't need alot of initial set-up. Once you become familar with the workings of CP's and the basics of how they fly, you should then look into upgrading to the EXI 450, buy a kit and build it yourself, It will give you alot of experience working/building helis and give you alot more confidence because you won't be intimidated at tearing apart the heli if you crash.

My highest recommended heli

Belt CP V2 FM version - $209.00 - http://www.xheli.com/20esbecpv26c1.html

IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter Beltcp-3

The reason I recommend getting the FM version is because I personally don't feel its worth spending the extra money on a 2.4Ghz system that I can't completely program myself.

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:48 am

Agree! orange6 My first cp heli is belt cp FM version orange58
Back to top Go down
ch1533n

PostSubject: Re: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:08 am

any huge differences between v2 & v1 in belt cp, guys?? orange78

is it worthed spending more on $$$ to get belt cp v2 or just get v1 belt cp with ESC replace with a higher amp ??
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:37 am

I have a Belt CP V1 and I love it. Only mod I've made is a set of Super Skids. I'm getting ready to upgrade my blades and convert it over to my DX6i. When you have it set up right, it's a great flying heli.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
ch1533n

PostSubject: Re: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:21 am

ive ordered esky belt cp v1 early this week n they told me today the next shipment is gonna be a while orange4 AND... on that very same shipment they'll have the new esky belt cp v2. orange71 price diff ?? $70 orange68

So... im thinkin of goin for the v2 and thats why im posting this qs.

orange78

any thoughts, guys? orange78
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:27 pm

I bought my Belt CP V1 from hobby4less.com and I just checked their websit and it appears they have them in stock for $188.88.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Difference between belt cp v1 and v2 is head lock gyro, new tail slider, semi metal swash plate, new ESC, style, and other little things orange44
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Makes an E-flite CP Pro 2 look anemic   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:13 pm

Gee,

Wish I would have known about this before I bought my E-flite Blade CP Pro2 - the Esky Belt CP V2 simply outclasses it in every way. So if your thinking about a E-Flite CP Pro2 here is a quick comparsion for you: My CP Pro2 cost $219 from local hobby shop.

I'll just list the CP Pro stuff here, can view the other on the link above.

Size - CP Pro is 300 size, Belt CP is ~450 size (per the link & info above).

Frame - flimsy thin tubular plastic (much like on a Falcon 40 on lighter, smaler), Belt CP has a much better frame.

Tail control - separate electric motor, not belt driven - that's an upgrade that requires an additional servo and frame kit $$$.

Landing skids - more of the same frail plastic frame is made out of, not real skids like on the Belt CP V2.

Motor - non-brushless, brushless is another upgrade (and requires new esc module and parts), even the upgrade is a 370, the Belt CP comes with a 450.

ESC - ~18A, non brushless (another upgrade), Belt CP has a 25A.

Head - no metal swashplate, non bell & hiller like head (looks like the Belt CP has it) so should give you better control.

At least the CP is Spektrum 2.4G DSM

Need I say more? orange69

Just when I put my foot down and say, no more heli's till I develop more proficiency. Stop tempting me to buy new toys Nuttcaze. Druel orange6

Tristar

Last edited by TRISTAR7737 on Thu May 21, 2009 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ch1533n

PostSubject: Re: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:14 pm

i appreciate for sharing those thoughts, guys.
orange6
Back to top Go down
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

PostSubject: Re: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:36 am

Man, I could not agree more. orange74 I bought mine last november for around $180 original all plastic. I remember it well, cold out snow on the ground so I got checked out and ready headed for the garage and flew it without mishap, and I'm no great pilot that's for sure.
flyaway
What I have done so far for upgrades is get rid of all that linkage with a direct to swash, a metal swashplate, different tail slider and I have a new 30Amp esc that I haven't installed yet. Still running the original TX
Igot no complaints, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat !! orange68

Coptercrazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter   IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMO, Best first 6ch RC Helicopter
Page 1 of 1