RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Just got my Belt CP V2!

Go down 
+8
Donnie D
GaryX1001
cgetman02
flagmax
Fatdaddy
P3tras
--==AxeL==--
kshep
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kshep

kshep

Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:09 pm

Ok so I'm working on the elevator servo and rods (the one with 2 rods connected to it). I got the servo arm to be as close to 90degrees (perpendicular) to the body of the servo as I possibly could. Also, adjusted the other one on this side. How does they look?

Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 KshepCP2Setup6

Also, the one on the other side seems to be in good shape too, I couldn't make the servo arm any closer to 90 degree on this side. How does it look?

Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 KshepCP2Setup7

Obviously the swash plate is far from level at this point. I want to make sure these are good to go before I start messing with that.

Thanks everyone!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: GOOD   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:36 pm

That looks very good indeed!!! Now, Those two linkage rods are connected to the bell crank..which is really I guess L shaped... Adj. those two rods, from the servo horn, to get the "L" part inside the frame to 90 with the main shaft... Trying to keep the two rods as close to the same leight as possible...
Then with the other servos set the horns(arms) as close to 90 as you can with the case of the servo.. Then adj. the rods going from the servo horn to the bell cranks to get the Bell Cranks 90 to the main shaft..ALL THREE BELL CRANK ARMS(the side with the rod going to the swash plate)
MUST!!! be 90 to the main shaft!!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:45 pm

FatDaddy, I thought I got the bell crank arms 90 degrees to the main shaft in the last photos. Does it look like they are off? Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong thing.

Thanks,

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Berll Cranks   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Hey Keith, I didn't look to see if they had been set. I was just tellin you what the next step was..And now liikin they do look OK... Next is the swash plate!!!! Do you have a leveling tool???
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Ok cool! Next up swash plate.

I do not have a leveling too, but I was going to try the zip tie method from the tips and tricks section.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Keith you did damn good job on the servos in the back. All looks as perfect as it will get with this heli.

The front servo horn looks great too. The thing you can improve a little is the front bell control arm. It needs to rotate clockwise a degree or two. Look at the top picture, through the opening in the frame, you can see the end of the screw that holds the ball for swash plate rod. Then look at the screw that holds the bell control arm, draw an imaginary line through these two points I make this line parrallel to the top of the frame.

Start by shortening the top link and once you like how bell control arm looks adjust the bottom link so its feels loose when you put it on Don't worry about the size of the links.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Too many cooks   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:57 pm

So Flag, Are you gonna be here to walk him thru the rest of this??? I really don't want to compete against someone while trying to teach/walkthru/setup, there are too many cooks so to speak.. So if you want to take over let me know and I will not... I think we have somewhat differant methods of doing this also and would conflect.. so I'll just back out if your gonna chime in with help.. He has done a really good job so far and I don't want to confuse him with diff. ideas of set-up!! I need it to be more exact, more precise, not just sorta ok..
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:25 pm

I was not trying to steal your thunder FD. Only tried to help the guy by giving him extra info.

I will drop out of this one, have fun. No hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:50 pm

Hey guys,

I appreciate both of your help, don't want to cause any trouble!

Ok, so I got the swash plate level. Zip tie trick worked nicely. The swash moves up and down nicely when I change the throttle. Doesn't bind or anything looks nice.

Is pitch the next step? In idle-up mode at mid stick here are my pitch readings:

Blade 1: -2 degrees

Blade 2: -2 degrees

At least they are equal. How do I get them to zero, or is there something else I need to do first?

Thanks,

-Keith
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Ok, I watched nuttcase's video on setting up the pitch again and gave it a whirl. I now have zero degress at mid stick in idle up. about something like +7 to -5 range. However, when I turn off idle up I have a +4 pitch. That doesn't seem right. Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks,

-Keith
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Sound about right to me   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:18 pm

kshep wrote:
Ok, I watched nuttcase's video on setting up the pitch again and gave it a whirl. I now have zero degress at mid stick in idle up. about something like +7 to -5 range. However, when I turn off idle up I have a +4 pitch. That doesn't seem right. Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks,

-Keith

In idle up you should be at 0 center stick, when you switch out of idle up you will have pitch as you should be in the middle of your pitch curve, in normal mode. Idle up puts all of your posative pitch above center stick. Below center stick you get negative pitch for inverted flight and to combat wind lift. Normal mode uses the whole throw of the throttle stick as posative pitch. Hope this makes sense and doesn't add to any confusion you may have.

The pitch degrees above also depend on how your radio is setup with the pitch curves for Normal and Idle up.

Keep the faith, you'll figure it out! :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:25 pm

flagmax wrote:
I was not trying to steal your thunder FD. Only tried to help the guy by giving him extra info.

I will drop out of this one, have fun. No hard feelings.
Flag, There is no thunder to steal!! Its not like that at all for me.. I just don't want to confuse someone that is just learning by giving differing points of view..
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: TX.   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:34 pm

What TX are you using??? Stock?? If so you are limited with what you can get..
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Hey cgetman02,

After reading what you just said, I thought perhaps I goofed the pitch reading for normal mode and took it at mid stick. So I just checked the pitch again. Idle up at mid stick I get zero degrees. Normal mode with the throttle all the way down I get 3 degrees.

Fatdaddy, I'm using the stock ESky receiver.

So is it ok to have positive pitch in normal mode with zero throttle? I'm not planning on doing any 3D flying any time soon, so really I'd rather make sure that normal mode is set up right ;-)

Thanks,

-Keith

Last edited by kshep on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Somethings not right   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 pm

kshep wrote:
Hey cgetman02,

After reading what you just said, I thought perhaps I goofed the pitch reading for normal mode and took it at mid stick. So I just checked the pitch again. Idle up at mid stick I get zero degrees. Normal mode with the throttle all the way at zero I get 3 degrees.

So is it ok to have positive pitch in normal mode with zero throttle? I'm not planning on doing any 3D flying any time soon, so really I'd rather make sure that normal mode is set up right ;-)

Thanks,

-Keith

Yeah, you have something not right. I was thinking you were saying that in Normal mode at mid stick you had 3-4 deg. From above it sounds like you have the 3-4 deg at stick all the way down. I guess it might fly that way but, it's not normal. You normally don't want to put pitch on the blades until you have your headspeed up around midstick.
I'm going to have to bow out for tonite and let some others weigh in on your problem. I'll think it over and give you some more ideas if I come up with some.

They can make you angry032 sometimes!
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:55 am

kshep wrote:
Hey cgetman02,

After reading what you just said, I thought perhaps I goofed the pitch reading for normal mode and took it at mid stick. So I just checked the pitch again. Idle up at mid stick I get zero degrees. Normal mode with the throttle all the way down I get 3 degrees.

Thanks,

-Keith

im using the stock tx on my belt cp v2 too and i get in idle up mode |-7 | 0 | +7 | and in normal mode | 0 | +7 |.

is your left knob (hov.pit) on the transmitter centered? you can adjust the pitch with it a little. when you manually setup the pitch on the heli, make sure it is centered!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:10 pm

The pitch nob is centered on the stock TX. I wonder is something in the head isn't setup right. Perhaps the swash plate is to high and some of other rods in the head aren't the right length.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Pitch!!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:17 pm

OK One last time.. What is the pitch in IDLE UP MID STICK??? FULL STK?? NO STK??
You maybe right the swash might be off in location but if your pitch is not the same on both sides of MID STK. then you got something else too!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:04 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
OK One last time.. What is the pitch in IDLE UP MID STICK??? FULL STK?? NO STK??
You maybe right the swash might be off in location but if your pitch is not the same on both sides of MID STK. then you got something else too!!

Here are the readings:

IDLE UP NO STICK: -4 degrees
IDLE UP MID STICK: 0 degrees
IDLE UP FULL STICK: +9 degrees

NORMAL NO STICK: +3 degrees
NORMAL MID STICK: +5 degrees
NORMAL FULL STICK: +9 degrees
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Can you post photo of swashplate in no stick, mid stick, full stick (idle up)? orange78
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Here are some photos.

IDLE UP NO STICK:

Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 KshepCP2Setup8

IDLE UP MID STICK:

Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 KshepCP2Setup9

IDLE UP FULL STICK:

Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 KshepCP2Setup10

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ADJustments   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Try this!! First, In Normal, Adjust so you have 0 ' pitch....Using the links that go from the swash plate UP to the top of the head....Then, in IDLE UP MID STICK Adjust for zero pitch using the links going from the servo arms to the swash plate...
Now check your pitch at all the diff. places...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DO IT   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:55 pm

DO WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU TO DO!!!! PLEASE everyone stop with advise for now and let me have a shot at gettin him fixed!!! WE can't do this if everyone is giving advise at once.. So guys hold up PLEASE!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
DO WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU TO DO!!!! PLEASE everyone stop with advise for now and let me have a shot at gettin him fixed!!! WE can't do this if everyone is giving advise at once.. So guys hold up PLEASE!!

Ok FatDaddy, I'm trying what you suggested right now.
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Ahah! I got it working

IDLE UP: -7 to 0 to +7
NORMAL: 0 to 7

Horray!

You know what the issue was? I did my first adjustments with the throttle trim down at the bottom instead of in the middle. I did it that was since a number of online references and nutt's videos said how they should be while setting up things. I changed the trim to the middle for the throttle too and then everything magically worked out.

Here is something interesting and how I figured it out... If pitch is going to be zero at mid stick in idle up and at no stick in normal mode I figured that the servo arms should also be in the same place for those two settings. Well they weren't... They weren't even close. So I wondered about that trim tab. So I quickly just tried to center the trim tab and see what the server was like at those two spots. EXACTLY the same... So it's weird. It almost seems like the stock transmitter handles the trim tab differently for idle up and normal mode and that is why my calibration was off. Totally weird!

I'm excited to have it working well now though!

What's next blade tracking?

Thanks for all your help guys!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Glad that it worked out :clap: I was going to write about the trim tab now :grinn: If you see the same pitch on both blades (with pitch gauge) the tracking also should be good orange71
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: SWEET!!!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:27 pm

I'm so very glad it all good Good Luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Checked the track. Seems to be good too. I guess it's time to try to hover this puppy :)

Thanks for all the help everyone!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: VERY COOL!!!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Let us know how you make out!!!
What pitches's did you end up with??? Good Luck!!!! FLY HARD !!!

HEY EVERYONE, I'm very sorry if I sounded snippy!! I wasen't but lookin beck I would think so if I read it!! So if anyone took it that I'm very sorry... Trying to help someone here when they are that far bad is tought to start. But when you getr 3-4 guys all "helping" with diff. info/advice it makes it really hard cause you don't sometimes know what he has done!! So Good Flying to you ALL!!!!
OH and by the way we had a blast flying and working on Chrises belt... He is coming along very nicely with his flying!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: First flight!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Hey guys just had my first flight!!! She flies like a dream compared to my Honey Bee FP. Simply amazing! Nice and smooth hover. Had to trim the tail out a bit, but other than that I thought she was very well behaved!

Went through a full battery hovering around and doing some basic forward flight. Didn't crash it! WOohooo!

Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted on my progress, and perhaps post a video at some point :-)

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got my Belt CP V2!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next