RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Just got my Belt CP V2!

Go down 
+8
Donnie D
GaryX1001
cgetman02
flagmax
Fatdaddy
P3tras
--==AxeL==--
kshep
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:00 am

Just take your time and fly it like you are in it, and you'll be fine.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Fun ain't it?
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:16 am

Yeah, I'm being extra cautious with this thing now that I know how long it takes to set up right noob I also don't have any spare parts yet, so I'm being extra careful. I do need to get a second battery though. It's not fun having to wait hours before I can fly again :prop:
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:16 am

Great job kshep!!!!

I got my belt cp a cople of weeks ago and tried to fly it right out of the box and it did actually fly, just not very well. So now after a few repairs, I am using this thread to propperly set it up.

Do have one question though. If each blade has the exact same pitch reading, shouldn't the tracking be right? If I am understanding what tracking is, it is the angle of attack of the blades. Isnt this the same as pitch? orange78

J.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Trackin   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:23 am

Yes If both blades have the same pitch at the same time then tracking will be on..!! If/When set up correctly on the bench you will not have any tracking problems
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks Fatdaddy,

At least I am thinking about it correctly!!! orange6

In one of the other threads I was asking about different tx's and I think you suggested the DX7. Does it have the adjustment knobs for hover pitch or gyro gain like the belt cp v2 stock tx and if not, do you lose these functions when switching to and aftermarket tx? orange78

J.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DX7   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:08 am

YES it does have those adjustments and many more!!! You WILL be happy with the 7!!! Even the 6 will make you smile !! They are not knobs like your stk tx. but the adj. is there!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:53 am

Hey guys,

Quick question. When do you want to use the pitch / gyro gain knobs? I haven't touched them, just left them centered.

-Keith
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:59 pm

I haven't needed to mess with the hov.pit knob yet, so I can't answer to that one...

The gyro gain, from what I have read and played around with, goes to correcting, what?, gyro over-sensitivity? I have had to adjust mine down to remove some tail wobble caused by the HH gyro, as I have seen the advice from others on the forums.

I'd like to know about the hov.pit knob too...
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:55 pm

Set gyro gain knob that your tail doesn't wag. I think it should be around 10 o'clock on belt cp v2
And hov pitch increases and decreases flying pitch. Eg: Hover pitch is at center and at no stick you have 0 degrees pitch. When you increase hov you will have more pitch at no stick. When you decrease hov pith you will have lower pith at no stick. In short if you want higher RPM decrease hov pitch and if you want lower RPM increase hov pitch orange45
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:06 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
I need it to be more exact, more precise, not just sorta ok..

hahaha, "Exact" and "Precise" do not go with a Belt CP (or V2) with stock equipment, just isn't gonna happen :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:10 pm

kshep wrote:
Ahah! I got it working

IDLE UP: -7 to 0 to +7
NORMAL: 0 to 7

Horray!

You know what the issue was? I did my first adjustments with the throttle trim down at the bottom instead of in the middle. I did it that was since a number of online references and nutt's videos said how they should be while setting up things. I changed the trim to the middle for the throttle too and then everything magically worked out.

Here is something interesting and how I figured it out... If pitch is going to be zero at mid stick in idle up and at no stick in normal mode I figured that the servo arms should also be in the same place for those two settings. Well they weren't... They weren't even close. So I wondered about that trim tab. So I quickly just tried to center the trim tab and see what the server was like at those two spots. EXACTLY the same... So it's weird. It almost seems like the stock transmitter handles the trim tab differently for idle up and normal mode and that is why my calibration was off. Totally weird!

I'm excited to have it working well now though!

What's next blade tracking?

Thanks for all your help guys!

-Keith

wow, thats very interesting, my Belt CP V2 won't arm if the throttle trim tab is in the middle, it has to be at the bottom, also my pitch stays the same if I'm at low stick in normal mode or at mid stick in idle up, well its good to know that there are more ways to set it up, but of course its kinda scary when all the same equip operates differently from each other orange78
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:52 pm

????????????

Last edited by Fatdaddy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:12 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:

wow, thats very interesting, my Belt CP V2 won't arm if the throttle trim tab is in the middle, it has to be at the bottom, also my pitch stays the same if I'm at low stick in normal mode or at mid stick in idle up, well its good to know that there are more ways to set it up, but of course its kinda scary when all the same equip operates differently from each other orange78

It's a bit worrisome that mine is different in that respect. Where is your pitch dial set at? I'm wondering if I goof with that if I would be able to get it set up right with the Throttle trim all the way at the bottom.

For now, if it ain't broke I'm not going to fix it :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:08 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
Nuttcaze wrote:
Fatdaddy wrote:
I need it to be more exact, more precise, not just sorta ok..

hahaha, "Exact" and "Precise" do not go with a Belt CP (or V2) with stock equipment, just isn't gonna happen :hahaha:
Well I disagree!!!! I LEARNED on a HBK2 And I set it up many,many times and there is no question that it CAN!!!! be set up exact and precise!!!!! You just need to take the time to do it!!!!

haha, noo, are you telling me that you think your HBK II is as stable as your Outrage. Unfortunatelty there is NO way to eliminate the slop in a HBK II or Belt CP if the rotor head has a bunch of plastic in it, theres NO way around that. No when you stick a metal head on one then its different but all stock, not precise in the slightest bit
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 pm

How long should it take to charge the stock 1800mAh 20C battery using the stock charger?

The first time I charged it it took maybe 2hrs or so and the green light turned solid green and indicated a full charge. After my first flight I started charging the batter and even after 3hrs the green light is flashing indicating it's not fully charged. Is something wrong? Should I let it continue to charge?

Thanks,

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WHAT???   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:40 pm

?????????????

Last edited by Fatdaddy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:02 am

kshep wrote:
How long should it take to charge the stock 1800mAh 20C battery using the stock charger?

The first time I charged it it took maybe 2hrs or so and the green light turned solid green and indicated a full charge. After my first flight I started charging the batter and even after 3hrs the green light is flashing indicating it's not fully charged. Is something wrong? Should I let it continue to charge?

Thanks,

-Keith

Hey,
Mine stock (1800mah) battery charges about 6hours with the stock charger Crazysmile And I also use my belt cp with throttle trim at center orange58
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
What ??? Don't be silly!!! What even makes you think of those two in the same picture?? Thats the msot rediculess thing I've ever heard!!! There was no comparing of any heli's let alone the HBK2 and the G5. Also I did, within the first week install the ESKY purple CNC parts on my HBK2 so I don't have to much time with the stock plastic parts but I don't think that just because a part is plastic that its bad... But All that aside.. The comment I made was not refering to the heli per se. but the way I look at and work on something. I'm not really sure where, why or how you came up with my statement bring directed only to a belt CP... Maybe you should read what and how that was said and not twist or misread something thats been written... My comment was intended to indacate HOW I DO THINGS not to what...

simmer down, I was intially making a joke about the Belt CP not being precise and exact. When you came back and said "Well I disagree!!!! I LEARNED on a HBK2 And I set it up many,many times and there is no question that it CAN!!!! be set up exact and precise!!!!! You just need to take the time to do it!!!!" I couldn't stop laughing, we're talking about exact and precise helis and you threw the HBK II into the mix which has a worse stock head then the Belt CP does :hahaha: as I said before, "Exact and Precise" do not go with the HBK II/V2 and Belt CP/V2. I can't believe that someone who is soo big on Hi Po stuff would consider anything with a plastic head to be "precise and Exact". You can do all the set up you want but they have way too much slop in them.
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:56 pm

P3tras wrote:

Hey,
Mine stock (1800mah) battery charges about 6hours with the stock charger Crazysmile And I also use my belt cp with throttle trim at center orange58

Mine finally showed full charge after about 6hrs too. WOW! headbeat That is a LONG time. I definitely need to get a new charger. Batteries, new charger, spare parts... Gotta love this hobby! $)
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:12 pm

with a comp charger you will be able to charge that battery in about 45 mins, you could charge it faster but I wouldn't, so start saving for a charger and hopefully the chargers at xheli will be back in stock soon.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:30 pm

I think you should only charge batts in 1hour when you are in a hurry. I think it is much better to charge them in about 2hours. orange71
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:36 pm

oh yeah, one good thing about charging them slower is they usually last longer orange68
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:14 am

Got my 2 new batteries! :grinn: Still need to get a new charger. 6hrs of charge time for 10 mins of flight time on the stock charger is painfully slow orange75

Another quick question. How are you guys mounting the batter to get this heli to balance on the flybar? I have to leave the 2200 mAh battery hanging halfway out of the tray to get anywhere close to balanced when hanging it from the flybar. This seems like a bad idea though, as I'd imagine the battery could get smashed in a hard crash. What do you guys do?

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:33 am

I have to leave mine hanging the same way, but if you push the battery back too far it'll end up hitting the main gear
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 am

I also leave my 2650mah battery the same way :prop: I think canopy would protect it in a crash orange6
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Hey P3tras! with the 2650 that you got on oyur belt cp, how long can you be able to fly it? i was thinking of getting those at hobbyking, Sure i have ordered from them, but i got those 30c batts 2200 mah. Just curious.!!! :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got my Belt CP V2!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3