RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4n6Days

4n6Days

EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In Empty
PostSubject: EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In   EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:35 am

Well... I finally got it back together after a month of sitting on the shelf. Right after getting it put together at the Nutsy FunFly, I crashed due to what I thought was a gyro problem but it seems that maybe it was a tx/rx problem. Upgraded to a DX6i from the stock tx. and, though the gyro needs some more fine tuning, it's not acting crazy like it was. After I leveled the swash, Fatdaddy helped me setup the head and the pitch/throttle curves. The tracking was PERFECT, and it really flew nice and smooth!

Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Nice Flying!   EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 am

Looks to me like you are ready to get rid of the training wheels. Just practice takeoffs and landings through a couple of batteries and you will be confident enough to take them off. I found it easier to fly without the training wheels.

Keep up the great flying! :clap:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In   EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:08 am

Looks like you guys had a good day flying. Hate I could not come, but I plan to be at next years Funfly. See you then.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Training Wheels   EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:55 am

4n6Days, Nice very nice Yep I also say its time to cut the training gear off Borther.
You will find that it is alot more stable without the training gear. I dont know if you
any RC airplane time or not but for me forward flight was easy as the control inputs
are basicly the same as an airplane when in forward flight. Your doin great Bro
just go for it.

Good Luck :clap:
sdjb
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: EXI450   EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:00 pm

Well 4n6, your very welcome!! It was not that badly ahhhh,ahhhh Adjusted after all!!!!LOL
It really did fly sweet!!!! I was really susprized that for a 39.00 kit it was sooooo smooth and stable!!!
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In   EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:32 pm

I took the EXI out tonight without the training gear. Kinda scary at first, but it's not so bad.

One time I landed on the edge of my board and while it was spinning down it wiggled off the edge and fell over - no harm done.

w00t!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In   EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXI 450 @ the Fatdaddy Fly-In
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Videos and Pictures-
Jump to: