RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

A Question of BALANCE...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jackyl71

jackyl71

A Question of BALANCE... Empty
PostSubject: A Question of BALANCE...   A Question of BALANCE... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:27 pm

Guys,
I have been lurking around reading as much information as I can find on the forums, and I have a question about balance... Not the battery, but the heli itself.

I know that my Belt CP v2 is definitely tail-heavy... Should I be trying to counter this, trying to get the balance point as close to the main shaft as possible? Is it possible by simply moving the battery more forward? Is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks again for all the help you all have provided me so far! :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: A Question of BALANCE...   A Question of BALANCE... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Mine is very back heavy too. I moved the stock battery forward quite (mine hangs out of the font compartment by about half) a bit to counteract this, but it still isn't perfect. I just ordered some 2200mAh batteries. I'm guessing these are heavier, so I'm hoping it will balance better.

-Keith
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: A Question of BALANCE...   A Question of BALANCE... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:59 pm

I def. think it needs to be balanced, called the CG of the heli.
This will smooth things out and keep the heli from fighting this inbalance.

Move rudder servo closer to the frame.
Move the skids more forward.
move anything you can forward.
Lighter batterys or move/make a battery holder that will move more forward.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: A Question of BALANCE...   A Question of BALANCE... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:17 am

Thanks for the advice. I move the ESC and receiver more forward, as well as located the battery a bit more forward, too. While the balance isn't 'perfect' at the main shaft, it is REALLY close now. When I put a pivot under the skids at the main shaft, it tends to tip either way, no longer just tail or just nose.
orange74
I just need to get a new feathering shaft before I can really test it out to see if it has made a difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Question of BALANCE...   A Question of BALANCE... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Question of BALANCE...
Page 1 of 1