RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Strange problem on honey bee FP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alpha4

Strange problem on honey bee FP Empty
PostSubject: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:09 am

Repost from Youtube
Quote :
Hi Nuttcaze, I've seen quite all of your Honey Bee's video but I didnt't find an answer for my problem..
May you take a look at my short video?

It seems that at the all the sticks limits there is a perpendicular component.
For Example aileron stick to the right, at limit switch the nose of helicopter will tilt upward.
Is it normal?

Thanks a lot

P.s. Sorry for my bad English

Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:14 am

Quote :

Is the elevator servo moving when you move the aileron? If not check to make sure the swashplate hasn't come apart.

Is the same thing with the two servos.
If i tilt upward or down i have a right or left component..
I noticed this problem after my first flight... and first crash...
but I'm quite sure that out of the box there wasn't any difference.

In every case I've ordered a new swashplate
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:34 am

what about if you switched the servo plugs on the receiver? Plug the aileron where the elevator goes.

😕
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:51 am

i'll try in a few minutes
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:58 am

no differences even with a brand new esky radio
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:09 am

hmmm, I suppose it might be a bad receiver but theres gotta be something else causing it, let me think a bit, there gotta be something I'm missing

think004
Back to top Go down
kodak_jack

kodak_jack

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:37 am

Maybe I'm not seeing something I should, but if you push the stick forward, the swash tips forward and when you push it back, it tilts back. If you push it right, it tilts right and if you push it left it goes left. What is or isn't it doing? What you are describing and what it is doing in the video are not the same. The heli is sitting sideways, but after that, I'm not seeing what this thing is supposed to be doing. The heli doesn't care which way it is sitting or flying. If you tell it to go forward, the swash is going to tip forward no matter what orientation it is in.
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:08 am

ill'try to explain with a better video atomic
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:26 am

cool, that might help
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Here I am

New video with comment

Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Alpha4 wrote:
Here I am

New video with comment

I think that is normal. Try it with main blades on. If I am missing something tell me noob
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:20 pm

wait, I think for some reason your servos are trying to lift the swashplate to high, I bet thats what it is. can you take a pic of your servo arms with the heli on and the cyclic trims in the middle? Theres something binding in the swashplate.

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:21 pm

yes,sure!
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:34 pm

photos uploaded.

Click Here

Download the image for full resolution
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:46 pm

well those look fine, What about when you are at full forward or backwards, what does the swashplate look like then?
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:47 pm

wait 1 minute, new photos coming
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:52 pm

same link, two photos added
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:56 pm

does it do that with the main blades on? Also what does it look like if you're at full forward/backwards cyclic but with out the blades spinning?

And this is a prob that developed overnight, or did it get crashed?
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:01 pm

same thing even with main blades on.

Swashplat respect images: it's not totally centred
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:05 pm

so something is either broke or not installed right, what does it look like, anything out of place?
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:09 pm

no, it seem to be ok! it's just out of the box.
I bought it 3 days ago..

in 2 or 3 days should arrive a new swashplate and head set.
it's all brand new.. i don't now...
I'm noob ok, but this heli won't fly properly
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:14 pm

damn, I wish I still had a HBFP, then I could take pics showing what it should look like
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:15 pm

I'm trying to get some pics together of the head assembly for you

Strange problem on honey bee FP SDC10746
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Strange problem on honey bee FP HBFPwithsupergear
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:25 pm

fantastic, you are great!

Just 1 thing... I've bought it 3 days ago... I can try to send it back and change with a new one... I've to ask...
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:30 pm

I would def try, thats not right for it to act like that right from the box, even if it is something simple that we're overlooking, it should work properly, it might have got damaged during shipping, I know UPS like to play kick ball with my packages smiley-signs066 I hate UPS
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:51 pm

i'm of the same ideas, too strange..
It was too nervous, go ahead and it goes left, go back and it goes right...
Now I'm playing with a Lama V4.. and fly high

Damned UPS!!
Back to top Go down
bubas

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi. I recently bought a HBFP from buzzflyer, and it is the latest release (E500): it comes with 2.4 Ghz radio, digital servos and LiPo as stock.

I've made this test, and it does indeed "mix" the channels at full aileron (I didn't test with the elevator, though... I will do it this weekend and reply again), but I don't think that will be a problem at all, it hovers like a charm! I have made the Radd's lessons, and with 5 or 6 LiPos I was able to hover it pretty well. I had a little experience with helis, though: I have played a lot of heli games, I had a PicooZ, and I have played with the simulator a couple of times (Realflight G4)

Maybe this "mix" is necessary in extreme situations, because it is only noticeable at full aileron... sincerely I have never noticed it during flight!
Back to top Go down
Alpha4

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:08 pm

I don't know, but in extreme condition why controls should change?
Tomorrow (italy time) i'll try to fly...
to make it easyer to control I've changed the servo's hole..
In might help...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem on honey bee FP   Strange problem on honey bee FP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange problem on honey bee FP
Page 1 of 1