RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

advice for newbie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
raj

advice for newbie Empty
PostSubject: advice for newbie   advice for newbie I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi everyone
I recently got into rc electric helis after flying glow powered airplanes. I have been trying to learn on fms simulator and honey bee v2 fp. I must say the videos on this web site have been very helpful. I want to get a cp 6ch heli and considering esky cp v2 450 size but banana hobbies also has the rogue 500 and tornado 400 class helis. I am looking for some advice and my first cp 6ch heli keeping in view the availability and price of spare parts. Thanks in advance
Raj
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

advice for newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice for newbie   advice for newbie I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Well, I have an Esky Belt CP V1, and have been very happy with it. When set up properly, it flys like a dream, the parts are fairly inexpensive and are readily available, but don't count on Esky for customer support. I have 4 Esky helis, and I love them all, but Esky as a company, and the way they treat their customers apparently leaves something to be desired

Hope this will help you decide. I'm sure some of the other members will chime in as well.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Trinot

advice for newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice for newbie   advice for newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:14 pm

Hey raj if you are looking for your first 6 channel you might want to consider a Trex clone. If you go to www.hobbycity.com and look at the "HK" kits you can get a 450 sized T-rex clone for next to nothing and they are pretty high quality. This will also give you a chance to build your own heli.

You are going to get a million different answers on this topic though.

Some questions that would help us guide you

1) How much do you want to spend?
2) How extreme of 3d do you want to do
3) Are you comfortable building your heli, or do you need a RTF belt cp type heli?

And E-sky is only bad as a company because they are in hong kong and seemingly make no attempt at providing technical support for their products.
Back to top Go down
raj

advice for newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice for newbie   advice for newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks a lot for the input,
Hey Trinot, the trex clone seems to be a good idea. I do want to try to build the heli although dont have the background info as yet, I have built glow powered airplanes but seems like this is a totally different ball game, even if I buy a rtf looks like eventually some building and repairing skills are required. it would be nice to have some kind of instructional book on how to build a cp heli. I am willing to spend upto 400-500 dollars. I dont intend to do extreme 3d etc I have always been a sunday flyer type person and have fun and relax with the hobby. the esky cp v2 seems to have lots of spare parts and looks like a less expensive way to start as I do realise I will be crashing it during the learning curve. I will check out the trex clone, thanx again for the input.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

advice for newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice for newbie   advice for newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:03 pm

I would get a Belt CP V2, the biggest reason is that it is already assembled, you could prob figure out how to build a CP heli but it will be ALOT easier if you already have a basic understanding of how it should work, thats why I always recommend RTF's when people want their first CP, and like you mentioned, you WILL be crashing so its only a matter of a few flights before you get to tear into your new heli. But after you crash the hell out of the Belt CP, look into getting a T-rex 450 clone to swap your electronics from the Belt CP into.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

advice for newbie Empty
PostSubject: 500   advice for newbie I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:00 pm

I say go for the EXI plastic version for 77.00!!1It is so much more stable than any 450 and barely more cost!! I think it will be WAY easier to learn on a 500 than a 450... Having learned on a HBK2 6ch. I have an idea about this.. The 500's are smooth and easy ,Ithink to fly!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

advice for newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice for newbie   advice for newbie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

advice for newbie
Page 1 of 1