RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Exceed RC Falcon 40

Go down 
+6
Donnie D
bob 4104
just4theheliovit
RTF-HELI
P3tras
Nuttcaze
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Exceed RC Falcon 40 Empty
PostSubject: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Exceed RC Falcon 40 50H01-Falcon40

Part 1 - Basic Info

Part 2 - Basic Set-Up

Part 3 - Flight Tips

Part 4 - Spare Parts

Part 5 - Common Repairs

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Set Up Info
---------------------------------------------------------

Coming Soon

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Recommended Replacement Parts
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming Soon

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

[center]Mods
-----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:00 pm

I wanted to say that this heli is a clone of walkera dragonfly #4. For my hb is more stable fly high
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: For mods on making our 4 Channel FP the best it can be ...   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:25 am

For some wicked mods on your 4-channel Exceed Falcon 40/ Walkera #4/ E-Sky HBFP goto:

(Click below)
Exceed RC Falcon 40 Starwars2
Back to top Go down
just4theheliovit

PostSubject: exceed falcon40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:49 am

orange74 hey nuttcaze just have to give a big thanks on your how to videos, iv'e had my falcon 40 for the last 4months and with the exception of several or quit a few crashes i have been very happy with this product first thing i did before learning to fly was buy some super skids, and superboom shorter flybar and paddles, crashes have been many but parts replacment few (1)rotorhead and (1)servo (1)main blade this thing is fairly crash resistant and i have found that out after trying to fly it over and over.being that i only have windows vista the e-sky trainer will not work on my computer. so it was seat of the pants flyin (very little stick movment)i found out. and lots of research on setup. i can now hover and land without mishap. sooooo, was wondering if the aftermarket mainshaft and cnc'd rotorhead for the honeybee would fit my falcon 40 or somthing that you might suggest and would also like to install some carbon blades, im not quit ready for the brushless setup($$$$) but would like to know if theirs a better battery setup for this model, and buy the way i did order spare parts like you had suggested in one of your vids (i really thought i was gonna need em)but you can never have to many xtras just in case. anyway thanks again and please keep the videos comin these helis are way more fun than my nitro truck and if i wouldnt have seen your video on youtube i never would have got a heli, always knew about em but they looked so complicated, anyway thanks again and happy fly'n.
Back to top Go down
bob 4104

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Three weeks ago I got a Falcon 40 from XHeli. It worked perfectly well until a few day ago when it stopped working. I had just installed a SuperBoom and had to re-solder the tail motor. I tested it and everything worked fine. But then I tested it again a few hours later and it didn't work. It now behaves very much like if I plug in the battery without turning on the TX (servos twitching, blades sometimes randomly start up, and the receiver makes wierd noises). It won't register any of my control imputs, either. Do you think it might be a loose crystal or something else?

Thanks in advance,
Fox

P.S. This is my first heli.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:18 pm

Try removing and reseating thr crystals, but befire you put them back in, bend the pins just very slightly toward each other so they will fit in tighter. And be carefull to put the one marked Rx in the receiver and the one marked Tx in the transmiter.

Hope this helps,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Auteur47

Auteur47

PostSubject: Falcon 40 replacement parts   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
Recommended Replacement Parts
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark,
Right up my alley. I can't wait for your input here.
I have a Falcon 40 with a dead main motor and now hobbled up receiver. I replaced the motor using the stock motor from my HBK2 that smoked my receiver. DUH. I'm jonsing to get the '40 back into the 'air' (i.e., still in ground effect).
Auteur47
Coming Soon
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
bob4104

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:39 am

thanks, donnie. it didn't work, though, so i'll just get new chrystals
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: super skids!!!!!   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 pm

ne witha falcon 40 or honeybee FP must but a pair of super skids I've learned that you will get up spend money replacing your skids over and over cause there so weak you mighty as well spent thge 20 bucks and get them but finally the new Honey bee V2 2.4ghz looks like it have a pair of large strong skids look exactly like super skids......
Back to top Go down
semprini98

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:19 pm

Nuttcaze, thank you for your extensive videos on the Falcon 40. I've been interested in this hobby for a long time and elected to begin with this model.

I've logged quite a few hours into the ClearView flight sim (also based on your recommendation), and last weekend, I decided to try getting my new helicopter off the ground.

I'm kicking myself for not thoroughly clearing my backyard, for the helicopter flew about two seconds before colliding with a metal post we use to hang some plants and a bird feeder. (I saw it there and thought to myself, "I need to watch out for that post." However... ) headbeat

Anyway, I thought I could save some time by bringing my busted main blades to my local hobby shop which specializes in RC planes and helicopters. Being new to the hobby, I thought that there would be blades from another manufacturer that would work. Instead, the shop workers looked at my main blades like I was holding an alien creature.

I've ordered replacement blades (and a few other parts that haven't broken yet) online, but I've finally arrived at my question:

Why did the shop workers look at the main blades of my Falcon 40 like they were so strange? They told me "We don't carry anything that looks like that."

Is there really something unusual about the construction of the Falcon 40? Are there really no replacement blades from other manufacturers that would work?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: falcon blades and other useless info lol   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:32 pm

maybe me they only have certain brands and are used to only see what they carry or maybe they only sell CP heli's. i aske my local hobby shop why they don't carry esky and exceed rc brand they said that these are internet companys and no hobby shops in the country sell these parts in the store all have to be orderd . they said that esky (quote word for word what the guy said. They are a bunch of greedy B@stard and they are not loyle to hobby shops ect ect
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:58 pm

semprini98 wrote:
Nuttcaze, thank you for your extensive videos on the Falcon 40. I've been interested in this hobby for a long time and elected to begin with this model.

I've logged quite a few hours into the ClearView flight sim (also based on your recommendation), and last weekend, I decided to try getting my new helicopter off the ground.

I'm kicking myself for not thoroughly clearing my backyard, for the helicopter flew about two seconds before colliding with a metal post we use to hang some plants and a bird feeder. (I saw it there and thought to myself, "I need to watch out for that post." However... ) headbeat

Anyway, I thought I could save some time by bringing my busted main blades to my local hobby shop which specializes in RC planes and helicopters. Being new to the hobby, I thought that there would be blades from another manufacturer that would work. Instead, the shop workers looked at my main blades like I was holding an alien creature.

I've ordered replacement blades (and a few other parts that haven't broken yet) online, but I've finally arrived at my question:

Why did the shop workers look at the main blades of my Falcon 40 like they were so strange? They told me "We don't carry anything that looks like that."

Is there really something unusual about the construction of the Falcon 40? Are there really no replacement blades from other manufacturers that would work?

Thanks!

HBFP blades will work fine.

For some reason FP helis are just now starting to get popular with Hobbyshops because EFlite has started making some. Most hobbyshops only carry E-Flite and Align stuff, not sure why but I figure they make more money on them.
Back to top Go down
semprini98

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Well, I apparently bought my first RC heli a week too early and missed the "Don't buy the Falcon 40" boat. Oh, well.

I'm doing the "scoot" thing to practice controlling my helicopter. However, it really never wants to go to the right right or forward.

I *THINK* the problem might be with my flybar paddles. They never sit horizontally, and are always angled no matter how much I tilt (or trim) the right stick. They only tilt in one direction.

Should the flybar paddles be horizontal to the floor when the right stick is in the neutral position? Another way of asking this is, should the flybar paddles be parallel-to/in-the-same-plane-with the rotor head ring? (They're not.)

If they need to be adjusted, what is the easiest way to do this? It looks like the flybar blade rod just needs to be twisted about 45 degrees, but I can't see an easy way (or really, ANY way) to accomplish this.

Thanks again!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:25 am

They should be parallel with the flybar frame or ring. There should be a screw to loosen on each paddle so you can turn them. I don't have a Falcon, but I think it's pretty close to the HBFP. Better look at the stickey on the forum under "4 Ch Fixed Pitch Helis".

Donnie D smiley-happy088

http://www.myrcguides.com/Falcon40.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exceed RC Falcon 40   Exceed RC Falcon 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exceed RC Falcon 40
Page 1 of 1