RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Tail motor going out?

Go down 
+3
247rememberme
cgetman02
Trinot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

Tail motor going out? Empty
PostSubject: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:27 am

I think the tail motor might be going out on my FP V2. It is requiring full rudder (right) to hold the tail and sometimes with the stick all the way at 3 o clock that isn't even enough to hold it. I tried adjusting the proportion and that didn't make a difference. Surely this is the tail motor going out? This is the same heli that I noticing making a squealing noise.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Tail Motor   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:16 am

Make sure that the gears are meshing well on the tail drive. Sometimes the tubing securing the tail blades slides on the shaft and cause the tail gears not to make good contact and also the blades can seperate from the gear. When this happens you can sometimes get a strange sound like you described. Just something to check.

Or your tail motor could be going bad. They don't last forever and if they have had a couple of impacts it could shorten their lives too.

FWIW Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:40 am

cgetman02 wrote:

Or your tail motor could be going bad. They don't last forever and if they have had a couple of impacts it could shorten their lives too.
yeah,i`ve had a motor last 30 flights and one last 300 flights,it can be that much of a difference Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:28 am

Trinot wrote:
I tried adjusting the proportion and that didn't make a difference.
Thanks

Just make sure to unplug the battery before making adjustments to the proportion and then plug it back for the adjustment to work
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:37 pm

davesheli wrote:
Trinot wrote:
I tried adjusting the proportion and that didn't make a difference.
Thanks

Just make sure to unplug the battery before making adjustments to the proportion and then plug it back for the adjustment to work

Yes always. I unplug my battery pretty much before doing anything to it, I have learned my lesson about that. These things are NOT toys, the cuts on my arms and legs prove it. The gears look to be just fine. I compared it to my other V2 and they look the same. Also when I took the 4 in 1 out and put it in another heli I could tell a huge difference in the the proportion so the proportion change definitely worked it is just that the tail motor didn't respond to it. So I am guessing this means the tail motor is going bad?

To re state. The tail motor isn't responding to changes in proportion. It takes full rudder to just hold the tail and sometimes even full rudder stick won't hold the tail. I guess it was the tail motor that was making the squeaking noise to?

Anyone got any tips on installing a new tail motor? It looks like it is going to require some soldering?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:23 am

Yeah, you'll have to unsolder the wires on the tail motor, but before you start, make a note of how everything looks first. Better yet take a picture. Then unsolder the wires, remove the TINY screws, slip the new motor in, replace the screws, resolder the wires. DONE. Just like eating lettuce, nothing to it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I swapped out the entire tail assembly with my other V2 (the one with the bent main shaft) so now I have 1 working heli until I get my spares. While it does suck to have the problems I have been having recently at the same time it is kind of cool because now I can basically take my helicopter all the way apart and I feel much more comfortable with it as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Ah interesting, I was flying my HBV2 this eve and I needed a LOT of right trim, I am wondering if mine is going aswell.

I have an extreme motor will that fit straight on I wonder, or jst replace with another motor.

Pitt
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Check first to see if the proportion adjustment will help, if not then replace motor. I recommend sticking with stock. That is just my opinion. I have never been a big fan of modding too much. Some things make sense, but a lot of the time one mod just leads to the need for another and another, and your heli may not fly any better.

But, I've only been flying about 10 months, so what do I know? Crazysmile

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

PostSubject: Re: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:31 pm

The tail motor from Esky is not the best motor ever build. If you use one it can be broke afther one flight en another one will keep on flying. You can replace the stock motor for a little bigger one but like Donnie say, don't modifi to much. Before you know it you are spending to much money and it won't help you to fly any better. Another thing to think about is the ESC. I had 3 different ESC's from Esky and they all broke afther a short while (not by crashing) The Honey Bee is a cheap helicopter and therefore don't expect to much. It took me a very long time before I had my HB FP stable and still when the voltage drops, I have to do a lot of trimming on the rudder.

But what the heck, I it still fun :giggle:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail motor going out?   Tail motor going out? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tail motor going out?
Page 1 of 1