RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) Empty
PostSubject: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Futaba sucks censored. I have a GY520 gyro and having problems with it now.
I contacted tech support via email and didnt get the help I needed. So I
called the tech support. The guy who awnsered(forgot his name) was a huge
censored hole. He talked over everything I asked him, then proceded to tell me
if I am not using a futaba radio he wont help me and he wont even try. Then
when I said, I might as well return it if you cant help. He said in is smart censored
way, you better of baught it from us or good luck.

So there you have it. Buy at your own risk if you dont own a futaba radio and
buy a futaba gyro, you are nothing to them.

I regret buying futaba gyro. Plenty of others out there that wouldnt sh!t on you
for not owning there radio. What about the $170 I spent on your product SH!TABA?

Last edited by suriano on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:24 pm

OK so I know there are some bad apples here and there. I sent a nasty email back to Futaba
and the the manager Bill Baxter got involved. After talking to him on the phone he expressed
his concern and has passed along his concern to his tech team. He also helped me out with
everything I needed to know.

Also I had a bad wire on the gear extension plug. He didnt hesitate to send a new one. So
thanks to Bill I may be able to fly Futaba happily...........

To all those crappy tech support guys......you suck!!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:28 pm

so is everything ok with the 520 is it worth getting?
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Yes it is worth getting it. The problem is in the manual. It states 2 very different things
like page 3 says blue light for AVCS and red for normal. Page 11 says Blue light for
normal and red light for AVCS. Basically the manual has some issues and when contacting
futaba about it At first anyway I was treated like sh!t because I didnt own a futaba radio.

The thing that I really like about this gyro is how easy it is to setup. The only problems I
am having is with my mechanical setup. No gyro will work well it the mechanical side isnt
setup right.

Really though this thread was to let off some steam about futabas customer support. Maybe
I shouldnt have made this thread but at the time I was not happy and felt I had to say something.
Turns out you just need to talk to the right person.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:52 pm

quick question for you im gunna get this 520 in the next 2 weeks but untill then i just need alittle help i just got my dx7 the other day and i was wondering when it comes to setting the gain on the TX where should the gain on the gyro itself be set since i now will use the dx7 to adjust the gain and not the gyro pot hole
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 pm

I dont know what you mean buddy? Most gyros have a delay which is used to adjust
for a fast or slow servo. A limit which is used to adjust your servo travel to the max
without binding. Then you might have a rev. and or a dig. switch.

Regardless of these settings usually, I say that because I dont know what gyro you have
and I could be wrong, you still have to set your gyro gain in the TX under gyro.

With a dual gyro rate and HH modes,above 50 and you are in hh mode and below 50 you
are in rate mode. You should also have a switch to change from rate to HH mode while
in flight.

So set your delay to 0 and adjust your limits by moving the rudder left and right on the
TX and moving the limit pot until you have no binding. Then on your DX7 in the menu
under gyro you could try as a basic to get you started 55~60 in HH mode and maybe
40~45 in rate mode.

By the time you get the 520 I will most likely have it dialed in. I just got done with my
adjustments and I am really happy. I have it set real good and actually very very happy
with it. Post back on the 520 gyro thread when you get yours and I will try to help you as well.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:57 pm

what i mean is like u can adjust the gain on the TX ......and also on the gryo physically change ( not the 520 cause there are no pots to adjust) the gain but what im askin is since i now have the dx7 i no longer need to walk over to the heli and adjust the gain...so if im only going to use the tx to change my gain does it matter where on the gyro physically the gain is at ...

..sorry if i had it worded wrong before
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Actually I havnt seen a gyro with gain adjustment as a pot. I have no Idea??
What gyro are you using that has this? I would like to check it out.....
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:36 pm

that weird u never seen that the 401 has the gain on the pot i guess maybe you have always used high end gyros that didn't have them i got a telebee gyro all gyros ive seen have the gain on the pot except the ones that like cost over 150 bucks
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Does it actually say gain?

I have been using $30 G401B gyros. The are just like the futaba 401.

If it says delay or limit its different than gain......
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) GY401_1

No gain pot, just delay and limit... all different than gain.......
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:49 pm

delay = gain right thats what ive been told
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:54 pm

nuttcaze told me he doesn't plug in the gain plug on his telebee(Ch5 on RX)or (gear 1) and by doing this it always keeps it in head lock mode so by doing that i have to manually adjust the gain with the delay pot which i assume means the same as gain cause adjust the delay pot does the same at the gain setting in a Tx

maybe im wrong
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Do a google search on delay....I have alot. Delay affects how rapidly the gyro responds when input is given. It should be set to 0 . The more you give it the slower you are making your gyro respond.

To test it out yourself, try this.....

With everything on move your rudder left and right continuously and at the same time
move the delay up and back down. You will see what it does. I have never heard of turning
it up unless your servo is slower than your gyro is.

To awnser your first question then. Put your delay to zero and use the gyro gain
settings on the TX.

I think someone told you it is like gain to help you understand. It is in a way, But 99.9%
of all info I have read says to put delay on 0. That is were all my gyros run.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:11 am

ok thanks , that makes alot more sense... i just double checked my telebe and it says gain on one pot and atv on the other i guess mine don;t have a delay on it cause its so cheap but u cleared up alot for me i was so confuzed with that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)   Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futaba Is on my Sh!t list! (resolved)
Page 1 of 1