RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP v2 Untrackable Blades issue - solved! Stock Rotor Head is weak.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

HBFP v2 Untrackable Blades issue - solved!  Stock Rotor Head is weak. Empty
PostSubject: HBFP v2 Untrackable Blades issue - solved! Stock Rotor Head is weak.   HBFP v2 Untrackable Blades issue - solved!  Stock Rotor Head is weak. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:09 pm

With my stock blades and my new SuperBlades XP, I was unable to track them. I mean, no amount of bending would get them to track even within a 1/4".

Thanks to the tip by HBFP NL (bedankt) I replaced the Rotor Head (blade grip assembly) and my SuperBlades tracked right on, almost perfect.

So if you are having tracking issues and cannot seem to get them on, suspect the rotor head. The stock one is clearly quite weak. I'm going to upgrade to metal at some point.

Now if the wind will just go to sleep :)
Back to top Go down
HBFP NL

HBFP NL

HBFP v2 Untrackable Blades issue - solved!  Stock Rotor Head is weak. Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP v2 Untrackable Blades issue - solved! Stock Rotor Head is weak.   HBFP v2 Untrackable Blades issue - solved!  Stock Rotor Head is weak. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:36 am

Dear Albert Hofman Wink

Those upgrades do look awesome. But is it an upgrade or just a downgrade of the unchanged parts? Does the new head stay on the centre hub or does the hub need a change to, etc, etc.

If a head stiffener works for you, just experiment with it and learn from every hand made change. I have seen beautifull stiffeners made by creative people. The fun is when things work out it gives positive energy. As you finally found a way to fix your problem sounds like a pos energy creator. Making it better looking or better functioning will give you more positive fibes.

I asume that buying 1 upgrade will lead to the next, and the next....

I am pleased with the stiffener although it looks ugly. And when I have the change to make a nice metal/alu one, I will.

Greetz
Eric
Back to top Go down

HBFP v2 Untrackable Blades issue - solved! Stock Rotor Head is weak.
Page 1 of 1