RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

New pilot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Hey ya'll, This new thread is to announce the newest RC Heli pilot in my house!!!!!
It is with great excitement and pleasure that I have given my 19 year old daughter a brand new custom built (by me) HK 450 !!!Her name is Alexandrea.... This is the very same HK that didn't sell on ebay!! I guess no one thought it is worth 200 bucks!! And right now I'm so very happy about that I can't tell you!!!!! I did have a couple guy make me offers of 150 or so and I almost sold it. But I'm glad I didn't!!
Awile back Alex mentioned she might like to try and learn to fly. It has come up a couple more time and I was going to start her if she was really interested( I didn't think she was) Well turns out that she REALLY,REALLY wanted to fly with me!!!WOOOHOOOO!!!
I was going to let her try my HBK2!! Foolish I decided!!! Anyway to shorten this up,
I thought about it and decided it would be best if she stayed away from anything to do with HBKL2's So I asked her if she really wanted to learn and she said"dad, I've been tellin ya that for 2 months now" I sat her down and tryied to explain about this hobby and the reality of it.. She says yea ok. So I gave her the HK and a copy of RADD flight school.. She will start Batt. #1 Sat... This makes me very to get to fly with her...
You guys will meet her soon!!! She is a very cool kid!!!
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Thats great bud. Good to see the HK went to a good home. Most of us dread the day our daughters ask to borrow the car. Yours went the extra step........Dad can I borrow the helli on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: LOL!!!   New pilot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:52 am

Yra right!!! But I'm dreading when she chases me across the yard with it.. I'm also hoping not to have to buy so many spares as for the HBK2.
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:54 pm

but all in all that would be the youtube video of the yr daughter chases dad across the yard with RC helicopter lol
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:02 pm

Fatdaddy, you two are gonna have a blast!! excited smiley-happy088 smiley-happy057 :smiley-happy03 Can't wait for my grandson to get old enough to learn. Think I'm gonna buy him an Air Hog or something before long. He's four. I think I saw a neat little gizmo on one of RCCannuk's posts that would be a great first RC. I'll have to see if I can find it for him.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: KIDS and RC   New pilot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Yea Donnis I can't wait for her first batt. I think she is gonna rock!! She has been good at everything a son would. I've only got girls, but this one has been the tomboy!! She don't look like no tomboy anymore though.. I really think I'm way more excited than she is!!! I'm so happy she and I will have this to do together, with her in collage seems like I never see her anymore..Well nuf bout that..
The reason I 'm replying to you DD is that I was reading some back issues of "RCHeli"
(Nov.2007) an article on the Iguana Cup in Honduras where they talk about this kid Justin Chi I think, well this kid is 6YEARS OLD and was entered in the MASTERS 500 class!!!! It goes on to say how much he is improving, he is only 6!!!!
Anyway I say don't wait with your grandson!!!! DO IT NOW!!!
I had(still in my heart) a grand daugther and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
Please do not wait!!!
But maybe a blade mCX they are cool as sh%t and very easy to fly I hear..
Well back to the ES, It will be ready for EBay today!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Know what, I forgot about the Blade CX. That might not be a bad choice at all.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:14 pm

I say go for it!!! They got that tiny little thing I think is the Mcx you can get it bind n fly too.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:02 pm

That's the one I'm thinking about. The MCX. The little guy.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: $$   New pilot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Yea there like 129 & 99. on ebay for less sometimes?
But that is my problem when it comes to seekin help. Some of the best pilots are like less than half my age!!lol
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:31 pm

how is ur daughter comming along with the flying?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Thats awesome you got your daughter flying helis.

Does that mean we'll have another pilot for the fly-in at your house this summer?

ty
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Yea   New pilot I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Well she does live here!! So I guess that means she will be here!! I've picked up a screamer 480 for her also. These thimgs are so nice.. I ended up selling the HK450 cause I just didn't think it was nice enought for her! I guess thats the dad in me, we always want something nicer for our kids. But I got it pretty cheap so its cool. I paid 107 plus 25 for the kit with 35A ESC 3800kv motor and 335 pro blades. It will take blades up to 360. They are all carbon fiber an metal. With fiber glass canopy.
Check them out on EBay. They come in several diff. set ups 450 and 480
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New pilot Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pilot   New pilot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New pilot
Page 1 of 1