RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Where do you live?

Go down 
+125
Fueler
JayKor
HarleyD
old_city_painter
skeazle
Mr.dan
jerison
schplakken
chopper cop
vsbkv
chuckla1
bmrlvigil
keithldick
crunchybobjones
calin1982
Tommy S
tntrcnutz
Pittnuma
jkrchelipilot
sixth_of_june
misteryellow
SecurityGuy
sup_rec
otis09
Fatdaddy
Owneroppie
jstarks
AndersJ
djemif
Bert
rele22
jackyl71
davesheli
jjnew
--==AxeL==--
morvious
keamauna
oldnewbie
R0B B
hogan
katzie
Addicted2Helis
reh1963
cw
4n6Days
sdjb
HITMAN808
pevr
hector721
eatmydirt
chiefqm
MrWilson
g3nius
GW
bell89
Golfxzq
willy007
weidi
coastal
fredoesfly
branflake12
nunyabizniss34
samppa
jshultz78
SergeyK
meanbaby
HeliHansen
hbk2flyer
Mozzy
zed-lep
West Coast Mark
TRISTAR7737
ch1533n
blackrain0119
JojoManigbas
Ram2want
TOTO
sjflyer1
pcelf
FPainter
gormc66
Brutus5
the_law_man01
styx
cgetman02
jerrydgaines
tonybooger
helibrit
outpost
bhd
Ty
tomica
Prel
rocketray
dfbdavid38
bubas
jondon
CQSIHC Flyer
Targuard387
Nubee
rcwilli
Tonka
thebeltking
endckr111
freeman60582
djem
A Rdnek
The HAG
mikee777
Larry227
diesel63
Tx-fly
tivopro
josefer3d
Nipster
QwertyPemDas
P3tras
rhino-neil
RCcanuck
jeepharley
mwf1227
Scarface26
Donnie D
blazemob
Nuttcaze
129 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
West Coast Mark

West Coast Mark

Where do you live? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:26 am

Hello all! Live from Manteca, Ca (40 miles east of SFO). Looking forward to being part of this forum and learning how to master my new Honey Bee. orange68 noob
Back to top Go down
zed-lep

zed-lep

PostSubject: Hey All!   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Hey all! I'm John from Greenville, South Carolina. orange60 orange60

I just started the sport a couple of weeks ago, with the Exceed Blazing Star Heli. Thanks to Nuttcaze for making sense of it to me.
I've had just as much fun repairing it as I have had flying/crashing it.
It's still flying well although its being held together with untold numbers of paperclips, rubber bands, toothpicks and tons of super glue, etc... stretcher

Happy Flying!
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: Hello from The Netherlands   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi all! orange60

I am from the Netherlands and pretty new to this addiction.
I have been the proud owner of a HBFP for 3 weeks now. Before ordering the HBFP I played around with the FMS and Clearview simulators for a few weeks.

By now I am hovering tail in and practicing on keeping my orientation during a tail out hover in Clearview. Over correcting in a tail out hover is definitely a pit fall for me.

I ordered the Metal Central Hub, Metal Fly-Bar control, Composite Blade Grip to and Super Skids to reinforce my HBFP for the real thing.

Nuttcaze, great site and valuable tips, could not have done without!!! orange74
Thank you so much! Keep up the good work.

Mozzy
Back to top Go down
hbk2flyer

hbk2flyer

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Howdy Mark and everyone. I thought i should join this forum in addition to all the others I am on. Can't be on too many heli forums methinks.

Started witha Honey Bee King II (hence the nick) then EXi450, then picked up a coax CX2 for cheep, then a Trex 500 (sweet), then a Century Hawk nitro, then a GWS hummingbird FP to round out the fleet.

Mark, you have great info on your site for those just starting out. I watch all your vids, they are excellent. Thanks. You have lots of stuff that I do not, and it is fun to learn about it all. Keep up all the good work.

Wish I could go to the fun-fly, but I'm on the other coast. Have fun everyone.

Richard
Back to top Go down
HeliHansen

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Bock, Minnesota. Got a HB King2 CP , New to R/C helies but love it
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Brooklyn,NY in Sheepshed Bay near Coney Island

-pete
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Brooklyn, NY
about a mile from Pete (meanbaby)
Back to top Go down
jshultz78

jshultz78

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:30 am

Shreveport, LA here.
Back to top Go down
samppa

PostSubject: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:25 pm

i am from varkaus, finland : ))
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:14 am

samppa wrote:
i am from varkaus, finland : ))

Hi samppa. I think you live closest to me in this forum. I live in Lithuania orange60
Back to top Go down
nunyabizniss34

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Hey all

Colin from Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada. I have a Lama V4, HBFP and HBK2. Still learning on the V4 and the HBFP before I tackle the King 2. It sucks because there are very few enthusiasts in this part of the world, so most of the info I have is from forums like these, THANK GOD for you all! Take care and happy flying!
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:02 pm

Prel wrote:
G'day all, expat Aus now living in Casper Wyoming

Esky cp2, EXI 450 PRO

I used to live in Casper!

Iowa City, Iowa at the moment. Fiance has my HBFP wrapped for my birthday. Its killin me.
Back to top Go down
fredoesfly

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Good to be here in Nampa , Idaho USA. Got into this Heli hobby 2 weeks ago and I have a whole lot to learn...Blazing Star is my first..I did order a Tordado for when I grow up.
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi all, another newb here from SW Florida and Delaware. I've lived in a few more states before but go between those two for now.

I built and "briefly" flew a fixed wing plane long ago then life got in the way so I have not been back into the hobby.

I've been looking around and have decided to get the Honey Bee, unfortunately, they seem to be out of stock so I'll have to wait a little longer.

I have a few questions that I will start another post for.

Thanks for this great forum!!
Back to top Go down
weidi

weidi

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi All,
I live in New Jersey (Wallington).
I'm in RC-heli since June last year.
Earlier I fly mostly RC-airplanes.
Thanks for this nice forum.
Back to top Go down
willy007

willy007

PostSubject: lanc, ohio   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:36 pm

Hello all, im in lancaster ohio.....
Been in this hobbie only a short while..
I have a esky big lama... my fav so far
I have a esky k.o.b ...
I have a esky cp v2 on the way
and i have a esky hbk2 << major headache
Back to top Go down
Golfxzq

Golfxzq

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:38 am

Hi ya'll

I'm very new in RC helicopters. Probably one of the older members of this forum, just retired at 61 but have always wanted to get into RC's. I sort of started in the middle with the Belt CP but have learned a lot, no other RC experience. Right now I can just hover and do a little simple maneuvering.

Sorry... got off the subject a little... Franklin, TN
Back to top Go down
bell89

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:44 am

Lewistown, PA Wink
Back to top Go down
GW

GW

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Waterbury, Ct.

Got into heli's last year.
Esmart 600, EXI 450
Back to top Go down
g3nius

g3nius

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:52 am

New York, New York.. So nice, you say it twice! Manhattan baby!
Only been flying 5 or 6 days now, but check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ggbarron

g3nius out. atomic
Back to top Go down
MrWilson

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:38 pm

wollongong,AUSTRALIA

very new to this hobby i own a belt cp and this forum has shown me heaps already
Back to top Go down
Golfxzq

Golfxzq

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Welcome, Mr Wilson.

Lots of us "newbees" here. I have also picked up a lot from the more experienced flyers. Maybe one of these days we will be the ones to be giving advice.
Back to top Go down
MrWilson

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:29 am

yer sucks not livin over there in the US.....rc heli's arnt real popular over here...its hard to find ppl that fly these,i dont really wanna head to a hobby club as they want $200 odd for 6 month to be a member,and seeing as though im only learning its not something im keen on

Last edited by MrWilson on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 am

Wow, that's pretty steep just to belong to a model club. They must not want to many members. orange83 navy1
Back to top Go down
MrWilson

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:33 am

chiefqm wrote:
Wow, that's pretty steep just to belong to a model club. They must not want to many members. orange83 navy1

yer soposedly the land they use is privately owned and originally the owner wanted $1000 in rent a year,then decided to want $1000 a month therefore the club had to raise member prices,which resulted in people leaving the club....so those left over had to fork out for their share....and too add to it there is only 2 guys there that fly heli's and they only use nitro....btw i stuffed up my last post but is fixed now....i had $200 for a month was meant to say 6 months
Back to top Go down
eatmydirt

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:37 pm

I'm in Mount Vernon, Ohio. I was looking for some nuttcaze setup vids on youtube when I discovered this site.

Anyway, I think I'm the only person in Mount Vernon with a Belt CP. Just got a new V2 yesterday from the UPS man. I looked it over, checked the screws, tightened the very loose belt and then flew 3 batteries. Came close to crashing once but was able to power my way out of trouble. I usually fly at about half throttle just for that reason. I'm planning on flying about 5 batteries today.

Cool site btw, dirt
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Welcome to the Forum. Always looking for new folks to share the hobby with. welcome sign navy1
Back to top Go down
Golfxzq

Golfxzq

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 12:54 am

Welcome to the forum, Dirt... I have been to Mt Vernon... dealt with Rolls-Royce a few times back when I was working.

Mr Wilson - land must be at a PREMIUM over there. I agree with you, surely there is some free air space to be found.
Back to top Go down
MrWilson

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 5:30 am

Golfxzq wrote:
Mr Wilson - land must be at a PREMIUM over there. I agree with you, surely there is some free air space to be found.

you would think so hey.....i mean with those prices its stopped me from joining....makes me think how many other people thought the same thing
Back to top Go down
hector721

hector721

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:44 pm

I live in the bronx,
But relocating to Long Island.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you live?   Where do you live? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you live?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next