RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

stock landing gear on hbfp

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chiefqm

chiefqm

stock landing gear on hbfp Empty
PostSubject: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:08 pm

The upright legs of my landing gear fit real loose thru the batttery holder and into the pieces that screw to the frame. Should they be glued together? They come out in just a bouncy landing in the grass. I am flying(?) with the training gear on. Also getting up about 3 feet in the air, briefly, PROGRESS cool navy1
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Congrats !!!

The stock landing gear is really crappy. When it is beyond repair, consider the Super Skids 300 landing gear system. This system also doubles as a LIPO Battery holder underneath the heli.

Goto: http://www.rtf-heli.com/Superskids.html

flyaway

Last edited by RTF-HELI on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:04 pm

I don't believe that my gear is broken, I did switch the front and back cross braces so I could add some cf rods to move my battery forward which seems to be the recommended thing to do. I'm about ready to put a drop of super glue at each joint. navy1
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:47 pm

I agree 100% with RTF. Go with the Superskids, you won't be sorry. They give the heli a great look and they will solve the center of gravity problem. I have them on my HBFP and on my Belt CP. They add a little bit of weight, but I haven't found that to be a problem. If anything they add a bit of stability to the heli. 2cents old

By the way, the problem you're having with the stock skids is not unusual. Mine were the same way. They pulled loose even more often with the training gear on. Get some Superskids.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:12 pm

super skids and a 7.4v 1200mAh lipo are the way to go till you learn how to fly. orange71 then you might choose to go back to the stock skids because of the weight difference. The HBFP flies really good when its light.
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Actually, you can get the super skids 300 landing gear system and then immediately try the 11.1v LIPO mod at http://www.rtf-heli.com/ESKYHBFPMENU.html

Heli on steroids !!!

flyaway
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:12 pm

I ran both my old HBFP's on 11.1v for a while. Eventually both 4in1's developed problems because of it. After a while they did not work with anything but 7.4v LiPo's so for those who plan on using 11.1v's for long times. It may do funny things to your 4in1 orange54
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:08 pm

I've been using the 11.1volt LIPO mod on my three Exceed Falcon 40's for over a year and a half, and I don't have any problems. Some people have twitching problems with their tail. That's not because of the RX failing using an 11.1v LIPO. It's the increaased RF noise created using an 11.1v LIPO. This can be easily corrected by using a noise filter. Goto: http://www.rtf-heli.com/Falcon40mod.html

With regards to using an 11.1v LIPO on an E-Sky HBFP, the electronics are better as there is no tail twitching. I've been using this for over 6 months.

Check out the videos on how to do these mods at: www.rtf-heli.com

flyaway
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: MY HBFP adventures   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:20 pm

orange6 OK! If you can define hovering as "staying in a 12' box" I had several successfull 30 sec hovers today! orange71 And with no bad things happening. If I had an indoor flying location I might even have had some longer flights, there was a very light breeze blowing and I tended to drift downwind so in the interest of safety I would just set her down or skooch her back to my spot. Every once in awhile though she will shake herself violently but I can usually save her due to the higher altitude (3to4') I'm attaining. I am getting better at holding the tail in also. I ended up drilling a 0.20 hole where the gear uprights go into the screw-eyes that attach to the frame and inserted a length of 0.20 brass wire and bending it over. That solved the problem of the gear coming loose. Now if I can only figure the cause of the intermitant shakes whatt I understand what you are saying about the super skids, but I think I will stay with the stock ones for a while (I bought a spare set when I bought my hb) If I can figure out a solution to the problem I will save on the added weight navy1
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

PostSubject: Re: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Vibration is usually within the rotor head assembly.

Could be blades bent or cracked blades, cracked central hub, unbalanced flybar paddles, uneven flybar paddles, bent shaft, etc.

flyaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stock landing gear on hbfp   stock landing gear on hbfp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stock landing gear on hbfp
Page 1 of 1