RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

This hobby just keeps gettin better and better

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

This hobby just keeps gettin better and better Empty
PostSubject: This hobby just keeps gettin better and better   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:35 am

orange58 I just had my two best flights since I started flying. Went out early this morning, before the wind picked up and ran one batt thru my HBFP and one thru my Belt CP, and even though it was only one batt each, I just had a ball. Everything just went so smoothly. Both choppers performed perfectly, and the last few times I've flown have been great. gen150 A few days ago I experienced on of those "Click" days. You know, when something just clicks, and starts falling into place. I still can't hover nose in worth a toot, but I can fly fairly comfortably in all directions, at least with my HBFP. I'm sure I could do it with the Belt CP as well, but I'll hold off on getting too brave with that for a while yet. I always try to fly within my abilitys, and push the envelope only just enough to try to ease into something new. Always try to use the HBFP to learn and improve on before trying it on the Belt. Just had to tell you folks about it. I may tear them both all to pieces next time I fly, but for now am doing my best so far. And another good thing is that next week I'll order the last two components for my ES600. Got my gyro yesterday. Then I can finish the build, set it all up(with help from you folks) and get it in the air. excited I can't wait. smiley-happy057 Thanks for listening.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: This hobby just keeps gettin better and better   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:03 am

man, good to hear. We seem to hear about all the damage and problems. Nice to hear about one of us finally getting it all together orange74
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: This hobby just keeps gettin better and better   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:40 am

Good to hear. I had my best flight about month ago flyaway
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: GREAT!!!   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:09 am

Thats Great to hear!!! Just keep doin what you are doin. And it keeps gettin better!!
Wait till the first time you spin up that ESmart!!! You want to talk excitement!!!
Dude your heart is gonna be pounding!!!! Its so cool seeing that big thing lifting off, knowing that YOU made it and now YOU are takin it up!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: This hobby just keeps gettin better and better   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:15 am

orange71 excited Can't wait!!

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: yea   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm gonna fly mine TODAY!!!! I had to send my charger back so I can't use the 6S batt. but I can double up the 3s/2200 so I'm gonna fly it .. I'll try to get pix of it..
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: This hobby just keeps gettin better and better   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:25 pm

Looking forward to seeing them.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Up, Up, And Away   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:04 am

Ok, as promised!! Got the wife to take a couple shots. This heli is BIG!! THE ROTOR BLADES ARE BIG!!! Flys smooth, and fast. Much too fast for me just now!
Last week, The first time I charged my 6S/5000 zippy my IMax charger strated smokin, yea smokin, so back it went to HK!! Well that means I can't fly the ES withthe 6S batt. so I used two 3S/2200's they worked great!! I got 5+min.flight time!!!
Now its really just hovering mostly but still I'm very susprized at the time.
Anyway here they are, looks great up there!!!!LOLThis hobby just keeps gettin better and better DSCF0003-1
This hobby just keeps gettin better and better DSCF0001-1
This hobby just keeps gettin better and better Upupaway
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: This hobby just keeps gettin better and better   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:58 am

Hey Fatdaddy, you're always talking about not being a very good flyer. You look like you're doing pretty good to me. That's pretty good altitude you've got for a noob. I'm just starting to get above 10 or so feet with my HBFP. Not about to try much altitude with my Belt yet. By the way, that's a re smiley-happy088 ally great looking heli.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This hobby just keeps gettin better and better   This hobby just keeps gettin better and better I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This hobby just keeps gettin better and better
Page 1 of 1