RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Update on the Tristar Heli family

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

Update on the Tristar Heli family Empty
PostSubject: Update on the Tristar Heli family   Update on the Tristar Heli family I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Learning is an "adventure" right? Crazysmile

Roxy - Blade CP Pro 2
So, I get all excited about preparing to do a bunny hop with the Blade CP Pro2, even install a LiPo battery monitor, add some extra weights to the flybar, mark the blades for visibility, and had the blades balanced and tracked already.... seems normal enough, right? Get out my new Spektrum DX7se, get it programmed...

Everything works, but no throttle. Blade Pitch, aileron and elevator, all responsive, but neither the main or tail motors turning... Well now the ESC module seems to be having issues, took off the LiPo monitor, no change, no voltage coming out of the ESC module at full throttle.

So ordering new parts. $$$

Big Bird - Blue Ray 450se
So, to console myself, I'll just do some spin ups with the BR, right. Just getting a feel for her. Keeping it on the ground, RADD school of flight stuff. Then returning her to the bench, I bump the throttle (yep, you guessed it). Now I have the mystery of figuring out what parts to order to get the main rotor head put back together, and put on new tail rotor blades. Could have been a lot worse, main blades intact, as is flybar and paddles and holder.

So, not only do I feel like an idiot, but I have two birds down, lol. Ohh what fun being disciplined is... but hey, this is what I signed up for, so you live and learn.

Just a vent, and to share with others who may have or are going through the same, your not alone orange60

Tristar
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Tristar Heli family   Update on the Tristar Heli family I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Sorry man, tough luck. Just remember, patience is a virtue, it will get better. And you will learn a lot putting everything back together.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Bit of red tape comes in handy   Update on the Tristar Heli family I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:38 am

After this, I decided to start using the top right switch on the Exceed Tx that came with the BR, marked it with red tape so I know to arm the heli when ready to fly, then disarm it to avoid future accidents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Tristar Heli family   Update on the Tristar Heli family I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on the Tristar Heli family
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: