RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Multi blade rotor head

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Multi blade rotor head Empty
PostSubject: Multi blade rotor head   Multi blade rotor head I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:30 am

Does any of you folks have any experience or know anything about multi blade rotor heads? I'm sure they are way out of my league now, but I've seen pictures of them and thought they looked really interesting. I would like to build some sort of scale heli one of these days and one would probably be good for that.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Multi blade rotor head   Multi blade rotor head I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:57 am

I hear say that your setup has to be spot on......really spot on and they are very unstable. Only for the most experianced.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Multi blade rotor head   Multi blade rotor head I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:38 am

Yeah, I kind of figured they would be way over my head (figurativly). But they sure would be great on a big ole scale heli, If I ever reach that skill, and financial level.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Multi blade rotor head   Multi blade rotor head I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:49 am

As I know if you use multi blade rotor head you will need to use flybarless system, because those heads doesnt have flybar. With that system heli will be extremely stable orange58
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Multi blade rotor head   Multi blade rotor head I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:00 am

Guy here in town with a couple of 5 multis and says that the heli is a lot less manoverable and any wind is deadly to the smaller of them. The smaller 1 he rarely flies because the conditions have to be perfect for it and a lager scale that he loves but says it performs more like a real heli, doesn't have the responce of the twin blade,
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Multi blade rotor head   Multi blade rotor head I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Yeah-- I do hope one day to build a good sized scale heli. Really fix it up right with the best stuff I can afford and paint and detail it up really right. Think it would be a lot of fun and a project you could do over a period of time and take your time with.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Hey , maybe someone will start a thread that folks can park any usefull scale info and links that they may have. I don't know enough about scale. Guess I'll start doing some research.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Jack the R

Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Multi blade rotor head   Multi blade rotor head I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Less manueverable and more unstable both? orange78 Usually a less stable aircraft is more manueverable.

I suppose the only reason full-scale helis use more than 2 blades is to keep the blade size down to a practical size?

It really seems like a heli like the Apache would use a 2 blade system if it more than 2 blades hurts manueverablity and stability that bad.
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Multi blade rotor head   Multi blade rotor head I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:20 am

I would think less manueverable because multi heads are flown with a lot less head speed. The blades used for multi heads are a lot thinner and usually have to have the tips weighted. Can you imagune a full size heli with the manueverability of a 450???? The heli would tear itself apart, not to imagine the brain slapping the poor pilot would suffer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multi blade rotor head   Multi blade rotor head I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multi blade rotor head
Page 1 of 1