RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tonybooger

tonybooger

HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR Empty
PostSubject: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:45 am

I have just been installing a new xtreme motor in my honeybee fp, The ground always seemed to be gettin in the way while flying. So I thought the xtreme motor may offer me a bit better recovery when the ground is getting close!
It has been a bit fiddly to put in, as I put it in, but the screws that hold it in went to far into the motor, and stopped it from spinning. So I had to use the spacer that it comes with.
I sorted that, and have been trying to get it right, as if the motor pinion is pushed to hard into the main gear, it runs really noisey and rough, so slid the motor back a tad, and it seems to be running ok now, although Im sure the main gear is rubbing on the upper main frame, so I need to find some small washers to put between th 4x screws between bottom of main shaft, and main gear, to drop it dow a little, away from the frame.
The only chance to test the new motor is hovering in my lounge, So I will let you all know how it goes outside once I get some calm weather
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:07 am

Update:
It seems to go pretty good, especially with the xtreme 8degree wooden blades.
Just a couple of things though...

Almost every flight, the first throttle up of the motor, it seems to pulsate, and misfire..
Then I land, then try again, and then goes fine. Its like it needs warming up?????

Also, While flying it, I can see sparking from the top of the extreme motor, is this normal guys?
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:51 pm

tonybooger wrote:

Also, While flying it, I can see sparking from the top of the extreme motor, is this normal guys?
Significant sparking on a brushed motor is usually bad, though some sparking is inevitable. Too much sparks can destroy brushes, and it may be the root of your problem.

I've seen recommendations to beak-in new brushed motors. At the very least, just run it for some time with no load (i.e. out of the heli). A better method is to do it in the water.
I don't know if it is too late to do it in your case, but it will not hurt.

Sergey.
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:59 am

Very nice flying. How long have you been flying?
Do you still use stock tail?
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:34 pm

hey, thanks for that.
I have been flyinghelis for about 3.5 months, I have only had a lama v4 and the honeybee fp., I am still using the stock tail on the honeybee, but do see that miracle mart have a new xtreme production DD tail motor kit that looks rather tempting! comes with everything you need to!
I will let you know if I give it a try.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: miracle mart dd sucks   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 pm

don't buy the dd from miracle mart it sucks get the one from bphobbies.com
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:44 pm

Yep SergeyK is right water brake in is the way to go with a brushed motor. I used to it
all the time. Need to use a D-Cell batt just tape one wire lead to the batt and hook them to the motor lower the motor into a glass of water and hold the wires to the batt, run it at least 5 minute.
The water flushes the carbon from the brushes away from the contact on the rotor makes it nice and
shinny make it last alot longer. 2cents

sdjb
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:18 pm

so the motor actully goes into the water it does not get damaged?
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Yes Sir just put it right in the water works wonders

sdjb
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 pm

i wanna try that with my falcon 40 motor but it has a little circuit board on the top
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Well that will not work, it will trash it.
sdjb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR   HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HONEYBEE FP XTREME 380 MOTOR
Page 1 of 1