RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

LiPo in flight battery monitor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

LiPo in flight battery monitor Empty
PostSubject: LiPo in flight battery monitor   LiPo in flight battery monitor I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:55 am

Here is a cute toy I added to my BlueRay. It just connects in parallel to where you hook up your battery to the heli.

This way I can monitor the voltage of the lipo batteries in flight. I even got a second one and hooked it up to as a battery tester.

Since I'm still learning how to hover, I get a bit more practice time since I can actually check the battery and just use a timer.

http://www.western-robotics.com/spectrum-LiPo_hp.html
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Cool thing   LiPo in flight battery monitor I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:05 pm

I also uas one of these but not this one. I use one called Maxpro I think. Its at HeliDirect and cost about 5 bucks. Each battrty size(cell number) needs a differant one,
Not like this one size fits all. So you will need more than one if you fly diff. cell packs.
In fact I'll be ordering some today!!1 They are a good thing to have!!!
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Re: LiPo in flight battery monitor   LiPo in flight battery monitor I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Yes that's what I like about this, it is flexible in that it will take from 2-7 cells, if you need one for each cell, that has to be fun to hook up I'd think. You have to hook it up to each cell in each battery?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: NO NO   LiPo in flight battery monitor I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:54 pm

Not one for ecah cell!!! One for each size (cell count) Yea it would suck loudly to have one for each cell...LOLOLOLOL It just saves you from moving it beck and forth!!
Like. You need one for each 3S heli and one for each 4S heli and so on.
I have one heli I run both 3S and 4S pack on so I haven't fiqured that one yet cept having both a 3S and 4S for it. And since I mentioned this the diff. between running a 3S then puttin a 4S is just crazy power!!! This is the Screamer and I'm going to force Nuttsey to do a flight test and eval. on it next week when he is here!! So stay tuned..
I'm also trying to scure a parts supply for the Screamer's so maybe this might be a good upgrade for everyone if I can get it done, parts wise..These heli can be had pretty cheap and there is NO upgrades nessasery, These things come with it all!!!!
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Re: LiPo in flight battery monitor   LiPo in flight battery monitor I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Yup!!   LiPo in flight battery monitor I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Thats the one and it really does work great!! And was said, you can increase your flight time cause you don't need to worry, this thing lets you know!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LiPo in flight battery monitor   LiPo in flight battery monitor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LiPo in flight battery monitor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Info, "How-to" Vids and Guides-
Jump to: