RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Question for E-Smart owners

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Question for E-Smart owners Empty
PostSubject: Question for E-Smart owners   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:55 am

As I stare at my ES600, waiting for my battery/charger issue to be resolved so I can finish building it, I search for things I can do. I decided this morning, before I send my battery back to XHeli for replacement, that I would put it in the battery compartment so I could check the center of gravity of the heli.

With the batt as far forward as I could get it, the heli was very tail heavy.

So I decided to try it on the little shelf above the battery compartment, where I have the ESC now. So I set it up there and temporarily secured it as best I could with a rubber band and the COG was just about perfect.

The shelf is a bit short, but I think with some velcro and some kind of strap it will work fine. Also it will be away from the bottom of the main shaft. Canopy still fits ok as well. I'll just move the ESC to a different spot. If this method is OK it will keep me from having to add any extra weight to the nose.

Have any of you guys used this method? Anyone know of any problems that I might be overlooking?

Thanks for your input,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Question for E-Smart owners   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:10 pm

you can buy another battery tray plate and install it where the Rx plate is, that'll make it alot easier to put your battery there

these are from a guy on RCGroups

Question for E-Smart owners Figure2

Question for E-Smart owners Figure1

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Thu May 28, 2009 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Question for E-Smart owners   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:46 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
you can buy another battery tray plate and install it where the Rx plate is, that'll make it alot easier to put your battery there

you might need to right click the picture below and select "Show Picture" not sure why but thats what my comp makes me do

Question for E-Smart owners A2345617-196-Figure%201

Question for E-Smart owners A2345618-229-Figure%202

Don't know why, but for some reason still can't see picture.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Question for E-Smart owners   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:56 pm

ok, give me a sec
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Question for E-Smart owners   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:59 pm

we're good now
orange68
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: mine   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:26 pm

I use the rec. tray for the ESC and REC and the battery below out the front. It does hang out some but I use a small bungee cord to strap it tight. My REC. battery pack goes in back!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Question for E-Smart owners   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:30 pm

if I have any extra money to get some night blades, I wanna try night flying at the Funfly Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: HOG   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:48 pm

As you know I'm workin on puttin together the NJ State HOG rally, and at the last meeting I was asked to see if there was someone or group that might like to put on a night show for the rally attendees kinda like fireworks. I'm gonna try gettin hold of the team USA's and some of the heli teams to see if they might be interested.. It will be soooo cool to have a heli demo at a Harley Davidson rally!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Question for E-Smart owners   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:43 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:

these are from a guy on RCGroups

Question for E-Smart owners Figure2

Question for E-Smart owners Figure1

That's exactly the way I wan smiley-happy088 t to mount my batt. Makes the COG just about perfect. I think I can make a mount like that pretty easily. Thanks for the info.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for E-Smart owners   Question for E-Smart owners I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for E-Smart owners
Page 1 of 1