RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Thought my new charger was faulty cuz it was charging at 4.2v lol.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rocketray

rocketray

Thought my new charger was faulty cuz it was charging at 4.2v lol. Empty
PostSubject: Thought my new charger was faulty cuz it was charging at 4.2v lol.   Thought my new charger was faulty cuz it was charging at 4.2v lol. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Hiya All orange68

Ive got a real lipo charger at last and have been finding out about my batterys. First i was being too cautious and wasn't getting anywhere near the full capacity of my lipo's so have been upping flight times a bit without the worry of killing the batts, also finding voltages weren't what i thought they were, thought my new charger was faulty cuz it was charging at 4.2v lol.

But i have found an annomily, i'll explain!

I have a walkera 4#3b and it use's a 1s 400mha lipo, so flew heli untill there wasn't enough power for it to climb when giving full stick ,noted time flying(9 mins)and thought OK 8 mins will be safe max flight time, and put the lipo on charge after letting it cool down to room temp. when i connected it, it read 3.78volts and took 375 mha to fully recharge.

I thought the voltage would have gone down to 3.2v or less considering the tank was almost dry, or am i not understanding something ?

Anyway its not important, im just curious, so if some clever person could explain or even point me to a site which could help me understand a little more, ide be most gratefull.

Also 9 mins hovering that little bugger was a real milestone its the hardest to fly heli ive got and i thought i would never get it under control. Anyways see ya all laters

Ray orange60
Back to top Go down

Thought my new charger was faulty cuz it was charging at 4.2v lol.
Page 1 of 1