RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Problem with Belt CP, I think

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Problem with Belt CP, I think Empty
PostSubject: Problem with Belt CP, I think   Problem with Belt CP, I think I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:30 pm

I think I have a problem with my Belt CP V1. When I spool it up, the motor starts up and the main (top) gear starts turning, but is spins two or three times before it engages the bottom gear and starts turning the rotor head. Makes for a pretty hard start for the head.
I thought I had a one way bearing going bad, so I changed out the top bearing ( I use the Blade 400 top bearing with the one way already installed). Still does the same thing. Do I have a problem, or am I going nuts? Other than that, the heli flys fine. Very smooth.

Help please

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Belt CP, I think   Problem with Belt CP, I think I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 pm

thats a tough one, I've never had that prob yet, did it just start doing this or has it been a while since you last flew it
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Belt CP, I think   Problem with Belt CP, I think I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:50 pm

I think it just started. I fly it almost every day. I stripped the top gear a good while back and replaced it with the Blade 400 top gear. It has the bearing already installed. Worked like a charm. I've never changed the bottom gear, same one that came in the heli. I had a couple of recent crashes and I think it started then, but I just noticed it yesterday. The main gear spins up a couple of times before the one way engages and that causes it to jerk the heli pretty bad. But once it does then the heli flys fine. Changed the top gear today with a new Blade 400 gear and still does the same thing. Is there anything in the bottom gear that could be worn or damaged. There is a sleeve in it that the bottom shaft bolt goes thru. Do you think I need to change the bottom gear?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Belt CP, I think   Problem with Belt CP, I think I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem with Belt CP, I think
Page 1 of 1