RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ESky 900

Go down 
+2
P3tras
Donnie D
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:38 pm

I saw your post over on the Freak, and I must admit it is a good looking heli, but I just can't see spending the money for a smaller heli once you've flown a 600 size. You probably feel the same way. I mean I love my Belt CP and my HBFP. I plan to always keep one of each. If I totally destroy one of them or completely wear it out, I'll replace it for sure. But once you fly a 600 size, well, what can I say.

My question to you, Nutz, is, does anyone make a larger electric heli than a 600 size. I know a TRex is a little larger than an E-Smart, but is there a larger size electric than a 600 size. I WANT ONE if there is........ And if there is, I shall have it.

Let me know,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:21 am

I newer saw bigger than 600 class electric heli orange78
Back to top Go down
reaz

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:13 pm

orange78 the biggest size that i saw was t-rex 700 but thats nitro orange3
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:27 pm

I think the biggest kit for sale I've seen is the Maxi Joker 2, swings 800mm blades

http://www.radiocontrolaustralia.com.au/products.php?id=35

http://www.minicopter.de/en/Maxi_Joker2.html#

ESky 900 Maxi-Joker_1

Back to top Go down
Jack the R

Jack the R

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Love the raised tail.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:26 pm

OH WOW!!! Now I wish I hadn't asked. I like the raised tail too, Jack. Now that is just what I want. Maybe one of these days. Now how could I sneak that box into the house?
Fantastic!

Wait till Fatdaddy sees this.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: WOW   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:56 pm

All I can say is WOW!!! I can see me corkscrewing this into the ground from 40-50-feet!!! What a mess that woul;d be!!!! My "G" Smart was shipped today!!! Can't wait to see that!!!! I think I'll have some mods. to do on it right off!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: The 9   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Do you have any idea when this 900 is gonna be out and who is gonna have it???
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm waiting to hear back from ESky about that one.

Also, you know the E-Smart and G-Smart use the same main gear orange71
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Well, I've been talkin to a guy that says he has been talkin to ESky 3 times a week(he deals a lot with them) and he susposed to get one for me by July, mid to the end. Even the CFPro model!!! So we will see... This is the guy I've bought the G from. Also he is sending me some factory painted fiberglass canopys for the ESmart... He says they are beuitful.. I'm getting in good with him and we are worikn a deal for some other helis he sells. Protek they look very nice and were talkin bout havin some here for the FF.
So we will see bout that too!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: gear   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Yes I know!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Is the G-Smart gas?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:31 pm

It runs on nitro fuel orange71 Not gasoline orange73
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: G   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Yea DD the "G" is pretty much a shrunk "E" that is Nitro. Shrunk cause the boom is the 608 not the 630 whatever that the "E" is. And it is a plastic version!! Now of course I'm gonna use one of the now extra metal tail boxes and metal head and a CF boom from the E. other wise the blades need to be shorter too. So I can't wait to build this one up!! Its gonna be very cool to do..
I'm also talkin to this fellow bot these Protech helis he sells and he wants me to help him get some exposure for them, and they look very nice from what I've seen so far. He has lots of parts for repair. There are several models, two that swing 350 blades and one smaller that uses 325 I think. I'm lookin at gettin one of the blinged out ones to check on. He has offered a pretty good deal on it, however they are not really cheap to start. the "Pro" is a all metal and CF heli that can use 4S's. I'm gonna try to have some on hand for the FF for all to see. He really wants to move some of these so we might luck out on a fine bird so we will see. So everybody keep this in mind..
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Question to whoever knows. I'm just curious. My first heli was about 25 years ago. Never learned to fly it. Gave up very quickly. It was a glo fueled Kalt Baron.

Glo fuel was castor oil and alcohol mixed. What is nitro? Is it the same?
And what is gas. Is that gasoline?

Are glo fuel, nitro and gas three different fuels?

I just remember that glo fuel was very messy and required a lot of acessories for starting(starter, battery, fuel pump and container,etc.)

Just curious as the only way I'll ever afford a large scale heli is if I go to some kind of fueled heli. Electrics larger than 600 size appear too expensive.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

By the way Fatdaddy, keep us posted on your G-Smart build.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: nitro   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 pm

As for the fuel they call nitro, it is a blend of nitromethane, yes the same stuff they run in top fuel dragsters. It is usally 15 or 30 % blends, It also contains oil to lube the engine as any two stroke would require. I also understand that there are a helicopter/airplane and a car blends and that the Heli blend contains more oil. Now what else is in it I don't know yet as I've never had to buy any but I will soon so I can give you more details then.
And the "Gassers" that use gas... yes it just that gas,but also with oil cause those helis use what we know as weedwacker motors.. This is pretty much the extent of my knolage on this now but I will as I said know moresoon and will fill you in more later..!!
Hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes, thanks Fatdaddy. It does help. I know about 100% more than I did know. I guess the old glo fuel I used to use is still out there too.

I think the copters I probably have benn looking at over at Centry RC (the big scale helis) mostly use gasoline, but I'm not sure.

Maybe once you get into building and learning about the G-Smart, you can start a thread and we can gather some info about the various fueled helis.

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ESky 900 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESky 900   ESky 900 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:51 pm

a video of the 900 hovering

the heli looks even smaller then I thought it would
Back to top Go down
P3tras