RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect.......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jdino2

jdino2

Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect....... Empty
PostSubject: Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect.......   Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Mark;

I've watched your videos of the Honey Bee set-ups and they are very helpfull....
I also read Ron 9711 up-grade posts and that was also very helpfull.........
My question is directly related to the skid and balance issue....
I've dusted off my Bee and started to fly her.....forgot how much vibration she has with the slightest imperfection of battery placement and blade pitch adjustment... ect...your videos make things seem so simple....in a good way!
I've just purchased both the Extreme skid set and the super skid set, to only realize that the Extreme set will require relocating the battery.

If I install the Extreme set, and also purchase/install the receiver/battery plates, won't that radically change the weight distribution of the Bee and force me to increase the tail distribution and motor strength?

I don't want to take the rotor head and motor upgrades to the level Ron 9711 did since my $69 bird will no longer be a cheap experiment......I have two other 6 channel heli's I'd rather dump my $$$ into......should I just stick with the super skid set and install the tail shaft stabilizer gear as well to cut down the vibration?
Thanks,

Jdino2
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect.......   Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect....... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 am

I think with the Batter/Rx tray, it might balance out the HBFP perfectly since its normally tail heavy anyways. It shouldn't mess with the weight distribution too much. It might add a bit of weight but I don't think it'll be soo much that it affects the performance of the heli.
Back to top Go down
jdino2

jdino2

PostSubject: HBFP....skids ect......   Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect....... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 am

Mark;

Thanks for the input......I'll purcahse the Bat/RX tray and set her up.........
Also, since the super skid set comes with tail boom brace rods, and I won't be using the skid parts, I think I'll install it as well.......do you think it will help cut down the boom rattle or just add more issues for me to adjust later?

This is my first real attempt to modify a heli, thats why I purchased the HBFP....your advice on the inexpensive way to learn about the mech stuff using the HBFP as a training tool grabbed my attention.....although I backed doored the flight training with the simm and Blazing Star and moved up to the Blue Ray, my goal has been to fly well and learn the rebuild stuff as needed due to flight mistakes....so far I've been real lucky, the Blue Ray is still in good shape....I don't 3D.......but 'm getting more brave.....soon I'll need to learn how to re-build her....thats where the HBFP comes in... orange71

Your help is really appreciated........

I'll post pic's when she's ready to model...........

Thanks,

Jdino2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect.......   Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect....... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honey Bee FP Upgrades - Skids ect.......
Page 1 of 1