RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics Empty
PostSubject: AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics   AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:03 am

So recently I joined the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). It is $58 per year. Joining the AMA has many benefits but the best reasons are that you will be covered by insurance in case you heli/plane hits something or someone. And it allows you to fly with almost all RC Clubs. I joined so that I could fly down at my local hobby shop (LHS) As most of you will have this hobby for a long time if not the rest of your life. You should consider joining the AMA too.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/

AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics Title
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics   AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:44 pm

i finally did it!. After owning a trex 600 nitro, i had to get the AMA card. today is a beautiful day, ill be going to the field and try to get some videos of my trex 600.

Last edited by blackrain0119 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics   AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:49 pm

sweet, welcome to the club, I sometimes think joining the AMA should be a requirement of owning a big heli, I gain more respect for my E-Smart every time I fly it.

Another good thing is when you feel confident enough, you can go fly at almost any funfly for usually minimal $, great way to get some pro advice.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics   AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:51 am

i totally agree bro. BTW, check out my trex 600 nitro later. I got some video. still uploading . you said you wanted proof, so request is ready.
Back to top Go down
vsbkv

vsbkv

PostSubject: Re: AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics   AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi Nuttcaze
I also just joined the AMA. I think the rate is reasonable for what you get. It's cheaper than the local club I'm looking to join. I'm still waiting for my Heli. to come ,but i'v been practicing on my new Esky simulator. :prop:
flyaway
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Joined with the trial membership   AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:47 pm

Thought I would give it a try. I don't really have any club that I know of in the area but I thought I would check it out anyway.
Back to top Go down
vsbkv

vsbkv

PostSubject: Re: AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics   AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Hi cgetman02:
Check out the AMA web site and you can check your location for a club in your area, that's how I found the one I'm looking at. The scary part is I went to their web site and checked out the members listed and found one of the guys works at the same factory I do. :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics   AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics
Page 1 of 1